Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Taking over abandoned clubs
Myles_Knight
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2022 7:17:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Is it possible to take over a club, that the original owner has left rlc or has left to anyones knowledge? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Contact Myles_Knight if you know how this can be accomplished.
Thank You
1 user thanked Myles_Knight for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 3/6/2022(UTC)
SweetGuy
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2022 7:47:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
No. Members may have to leave for many reasons, and they may have intentions of coming back at some point. They wouldn't be too happy to come back and find that someone else has taken over their club.
9 users thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 3/5/2022(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 3/5/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 3/5/2022(UTC), SaphyreRose on 3/6/2022(UTC), rolichan on 3/6/2022(UTC), Bad_Timmy on 3/7/2022(UTC), NICODEMUS_Y2K on 3/8/2022(UTC), Fla_Lon on 3/8/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 4/24/2022(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2022 8:07:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Myles_Knight;1688852 wrote:
Is it possible to take over a club, that the original owner has left rlc or has left to anyones knowledge? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Contact Myles_Knight if you know how this can be accomplished.
Thank You

No, you cannot take over someone's club that would be a copyrights issue, If you find out who owns the club you could send them an email and offer to buy it from them or they just might transfer it to you for free.

But to just take over it because it's abandoned would not be allowed.
2 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
rolichan on 3/6/2022(UTC), Myles_Knight on 3/6/2022(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2022 9:21:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
What the Sam Hill! You suffering from the Christopher Columbus syndrome or something? ROLMAO Look What I discovered. HAHAHA
4 users thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 3/5/2022(UTC), rolichan on 3/6/2022(UTC), Myles_Knight on 3/6/2022(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 3/7/2022(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2022 8:27:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Myles_Knight;1688852 wrote:
Thank You

If you like the club your referring to, another option would be go back to the club, take a few screenshots and post them here. The person that originally built that club could still be in rlc, recognize it from the screenshots and let you know how you can own one like it.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
2 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Myles_Knight on 3/6/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 3/6/2022(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2022 2:16:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Myles, Copy cats don't do well on here. Just ask the people owners of Torture Garden 2. Should you decide to make your own club. Make sure you get a Deco person who's taste is not only in their mouth and has skills.
4 users thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
rolichan on 3/6/2022(UTC), Myles_Knight on 3/6/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 3/6/2022(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 3/7/2022(UTC)
DarkLadyJADE
#7 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2022 8:08:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It seems some do not understand, that not all places completely is abandon. There are which is abandon or left alone because over the years, either Utherverse or third party sites that supported it did some major changes and the owner could not keep up. I do alot of exploring and see that myself.

As for copycating a property, be careful of doing so. I seen a few who did it and oh the drama I seen over it. Some of course did try with permission and that too went down hill, some did not.

You can take ideas of what you like and try to make it your own style. I like people to explore my 35 properties I own and explore what I did, and see what ideas they come up with. Honestly sharing ideas are good. The fun of designing your own property is like creating a child that you will see it grow. It fun when you learn in designing over the time you do it, improve on it what you continue to learn. Making something on your own is worth while.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
4 users thanked DarkLadyJADE for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 3/7/2022(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 3/7/2022(UTC), rolichan on 3/7/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 3/7/2022(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#8 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2022 8:36:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You never know how long somebody will be gone or if/when they will return. I was gone for almost 7 years, yet The Outskirts Of Nowhere continued to get heavy traffic throughout that entire time. There's no need to "take over" anything. Club properties with built-in music feeds run themselves - you like the place, go there and dance and invite your friends to join you. I'da been really peeved if I came back and found my properties had been reassigned to another member.

3 users thanked Bad_Timmy for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 3/7/2022(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 3/7/2022(UTC), rolichan on 3/7/2022(UTC)