Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Sitting in mid air
KING_MARK1987
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 9:08:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I have seen several people sitting in mid-air and would like to know how they are doing so? I have even tried asking ones i have seen doing this and no one wants to say how it's done? Could someone please explain how a person can sit in mid-air?
1 user thanked KING_MARK1987 for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 2/24/2022(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 9:15:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
MARKWOLF_87;1687863 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. I have seen several people sitting in mid-air and would like to know how they are doing so? I have even tried asking ones i have seen doing this and no one wants to say how it's done? Could someone please explain how a person can sit in mid-air?

You can either stay the size you are or go smaller, once you decide on that type /sit in the message box don't push enter just click out of it so that the forward /sit stays in there.

Then jump in the air as you come down quickly click back in the message box and click enter you will sit down then, you can keep doing that until you to where you want to.

To get out of either type /stand or go into your closet by clicking the shirt up top and come back out of it.
2 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 2/24/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 2/24/2022(UTC)
KING_MARK1987
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 9:23:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you.
1 user thanked KING_MARK1987 for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 2/24/2022(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 9:59:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If you plan to do this on a regular basis I might suggest adding the Sit on the ground Action to your Quickbar. Once you've added it and closed the editor just jump in the air. (For me it is the space bar.) While up in the air click on the Sit on the ground icon and you should now be sitting in the air. To cancel and return to the main ground just click on the icon again.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 2/24/2022(UTC), Plixton_UA on 2/24/2022(UTC), Pryss_2 on 2/24/2022(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2022 4:00:20 AM(UTC)

Let's just say some features like this can lead to a secondary feature or more and people may be reticent because in the past they lost features as they were spoken about and got taken out by the then Devs. But the /sit like being tiny has been around that long it seems to be an accepted feature. It can be done almost anywhere.

My particular way is type in /sit which is part of the slash command set. Click in the open window out of the chat box so the chat window is not affected by anything typed, directly anyway. But we will make it affected after we jump. At the top of the jump (guage that yourself with practice) hit the return key twice. The first hit puts the cursor back in the chat window just like an empty chat window with a return puts you outside the chat window. The second hit on return carries out any chat in there. Et voila you sit in the air. But it doesn't have to end there.

Type /sleep in the chat window and hit enter once. You stand up in the air. Type /sit in the chat window and press enter once and you temporarilly sit then go back to standing on the ground. This last action happens no matter if you sit or stand in the air. You can sit on the ground too if no seats exist or are available. If you click on one of the virtual maps whilst sat you get turned into a Mario Cart. A person sat who can move around like they were on a cart, by using the normal forward/back actios and CTRL to control speed.

This Mario Cart can be done another way but I cannot and unfortunately will not mention that one. Hidden gems like these used to be passed on to others and were part of the fun that kept people here longer, especially new people who saw what was happening around them. Unfortunately they were removed by over zealous people.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 2/24/2022(UTC), Pryss_2 on 2/24/2022(UTC)
DareDevil345
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2022 12:51:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The_Black_Rieder;1687890 wrote:
If you click on one of the virtual maps whilst sat you get turned into a Mario Cart. A person sat who can move around like they were on a cart, by using the normal forward/back actios and CTRL to control speed.

This Mario Cart can be done another way but I cannot and unfortunately will not mention that one. Hidden gems like these used to be passed on to others and were part of the fun that kept people here longer, especially new people who saw what was happening around them. Unfortunately they were removed by over zealous people.

Never knew that had a name Smile Whenever I have done it, it was by mistake lol