Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Cannot see chat tabs
JuliYah777
#1 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 7:45:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
My computer restarted and all was changed i can no longer see the tabs in the chat. I have changed the size in display but still cannot see my chat tabs. These are covered by the task bar. I have hidden the task bar but is a huge pain in the butt when i have multiple people talking to me. How can i fix this?

Thank you.
1 user thanked JuliYah777 for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 2/18/2022(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#2 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 9:01:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
JuliYah777_BAB;1687423 wrote:
My computer restarted and all was changed i can no longer see the tabs in the chat. I have changed the size in display but still cannot see my chat tabs. These are covered by the task bar. I have hidden the task bar but is a huge pain in the butt when i have multiple people talking to me. How can i fix this?

Thank you.

Hello,

I once had this issue but I found a quick solution (at least for my issue).

I clicked on the Expand option on the top of the screen and the chat tabs came back when the window expanded to fit the full screen.

I hope this option will work for you as well.

Best,

Anhton

Edit: In my case the RLC software does not originally open in full screen so you may have to do this any time you have this issue.
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 2/18/2022(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 2/18/2022(UTC), JuliYah777 on 2/19/2022(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#3 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 4:26:15 PM(UTC)

Good answer above by Ahnton as that happens to me in a few programs, MSFS20 for example. Other things, the font size of the chat window can be resized, sometimes it helps (Big T, little t), sometimes it makes it worse. Dragging the chat window up can help some people as in resizing the window itself on it's top bar on the right. You need to click on the top left lock pin first then lock it again at that size. Having the correct screen settings (this can go wrong sometimes on a new computer). Hiding the Taskbar sometimes helps and others it makes the problem worse. You can move the Taskbar top of the screen, left or right side, but that would bug the hell out of me. Make sure no external programs are fooling with the font. It might help to drag it somewhere else on the screen then drag it back anyway.

In the settings window (get to it from the circle top right), under the Interface Tab I have;

Use Direct Keyboard Input and Direct Mouse Input set with a red blob in the square. Opacity all 4 full right. Font Style Segoe UI, Font Size 12, no Interface Theme, nothing else needs changing. Just in case any of this has for some reason changed.

Make sure the TaskBar is only about 1/4" high, any bigger will hide stuff.

If you use a Taskbar program like I used to do for dual monitors stop using it, reboot and log back in. See if that makes a difference.

It's a bit like a petrol engine not starting, could be the plugs, points, leads, battery, fuel etc etc and you have to tick them all off the list until you find the problem. I never get that problem personally, I have no car. Wink Grin

Rieder
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
JuliYah777 on 2/19/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/19/2022(UTC)