Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
New MSI Laptop How to set up for RLC, to much logs out
Miss_Lucine_TG
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2022 3:03:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I have a new laptop MSI GE76 raider, I freeze much on RLC and then having a black screen. Can someone helping with settings ?

Miss Lucine
DarkLadyJADE
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2022 4:48:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
For Client Settings you can do this--->Click F7 (or Tool Icon on upper right screen) and do this, Set your Max FPS to 30; Set your Texture Detail to Low or Medium; Set your Max Avatars to 15; Set your Texture Filters to Bilinear, click OK and then reboot.

But also reminder of what else could be causing the lag and crash.

1) What your computer memory and what percentage of memory you have loaded from total available memory?
2) What your process speed?
3) What internet your using and its speed? And it public or your private Internet?
4) what apps starting up when turning on computer and is it to many for the computer to start up?

All these can be factors of what is going on with computer crashing or lag.

For more help click customer support and they can help you figure what also could be the issue.

NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
Pytch
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2022 6:58:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
What graphics does it have? AMD/Radeon often causes black triangles onscreen. If so, here is a workaround: https://utherverse.fando.../wiki/AMD_Driver_Issues

I have my settings at:

• Max FPS: Unlimited
  • Texture Detail: Medium
  • Max Avatars: Unlimited
  • Texture Filter: Bilinear

Any recent 'gaming' PC/laptop should be ok with this.

If you set Max Avatars to 15 and maybe there are 50 people in the club, you will only see 15 of them. You will probably be walking through other peoples avatars and maybe dancing in the same position as someone else.

My Internet is ping 2, down 150, up 30.
Can't get into RLC/UV? Look on the Utherverse Discord server. Here is an invite link: https://discord.gg/2zzfVJYSWA
The Uthers Discord (Xaeon and crypto focussed): https://discord.gg/jWdcFQrd
Viegoth
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2022 2:51:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
GPU is fine: nVidia 3070/3080
CPU is fine:Intel Core i7
Memory is fine: 32GB

1. Check your drivers. If the laptop is really new, it may have been sitting on a shelf for a few months and need updated drivers.

2. Check your security/antivirus software. Just because you have security software doesn't mean you're in the clear. Some antivirus or firewall software can actually cause more problems.

3. Check your internet connection. If you are using a mobile or cellular connection.... just don't. If you are using a wifi/wireless connection, you might be looking at interference or wifi congestion. Try connection directly to your internet source using a network cable.

4. Run a repair of the RLC client and reset it to factory settings. Sometimes new installations or new downloads can get corrupted. But also your cache can get corrupted and cause a mess of problems. Once you've done a repair, log in and go to an empty place somewhere... and then open your closet (Avatar Customization window) and start clicking through all the different clothing item choices. You don't have to save anything, just flip through choices so that they load. This forces them to download and store a new copy in your cache. This can help with laginess/chopiness and occasional freezing.

The actual client settings shouldn't be an issue for your computer, but like a new pair of boots... it might just need to be broken in.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
Miss_Lucine_TG
#5 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 1:35:31 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you folks for good advices

Lucine
Miss_Lucine_TG
#6 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 1:48:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
One more question my msi laptop has the choise betweem 360 Hz or 60 Hz refresh screen mode, wich one to use for rlc ?

Lucine
Paul_FW
#7 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 3:28:16 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Miss_Lucine_TG;1685122 wrote:
One more question my msi laptop has the choise betweem 360 Hz or 60 Hz refresh screen mode, wich one to use for rlc ?

Lucine

If you have the choice like in Nvidia settings per programme, I would start low, and check the performance a high refresh rate can cause screen tear.
Trial and error, see what works best without issues.
Miss_Lucine_TG
#8 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2022 7:54:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes to much parameters to check no I have sometimes flickering screens, most of all the inlog screen
KO1L
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2022 11:57:20 AM(UTC)

Miss_Lucine_TG;1685122 wrote:

Lucine

Refresh rate have it maxed out but one word of advice whatever you do don't set Ur in game fps to unlimited set it to 30 or 60
Rlc really needs to remove unlimited fps option.

reminds me of glitches in this game
Miss_Lucine_TG
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2022 2:54:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
is it possible to have two settings, one for desktop and one for laptop ? Or are those the same shared settings ?

Lucine
Viegoth
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 11:36:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Miss_Lucine_TG;1685190 wrote:
is it possible to have two settings, one for desktop and one for laptop ? Or are those the same shared settings ?

Lucine

Whatever client settings you choose are stored on the computer you are using. Each computer saves its own settings. So if you use RLC on your laptop with one set of settings, you can also use RLC on your desktop with a different set of settings.

Just keep in mind that if you ever run a repair (using the 'Repair' button on the RLC launcher), your settings for that computer will be reset to the default and you would have to set them again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-