Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Dj info wanted
Warden_Dragon
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 9:49:33 AM(UTC)

i was looking for utherverce DJ stuff. i was told this is hear. so looking for info if where and how to get info on it.
Warden_Dragon
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 10:59:00 AM(UTC)

or i might try shout cast. maybe. then what package would i need. looking for any info and a cheaper easy DJ for my club reamended
SweetGuy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 6:52:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
What exactly are you looking for? There are no specific setups you have to have, so it falls on what you are most comfortable with. I'll let others fill in the details, but I'll give some quick info.

You need the software, and then a streaming server. There are many options for servers, including some managed by UV members. Shoutcast or Icecast are the primary ones used, many offering both. Prices vary, but you can start completely free by doing a Google search for free SHOUTcast servers. Personally, I would recommend using one of those to get your setup fine-tuned before considering paying for a server. With differing prices comes differing options, so don't expect to have the fastest or highest amount of listeners on a free stream.

As for software, that is where the most personal choices will come from. The majority use software called SAMS. It is a very powerful tool, but legal copies can be quite expensive. Essentially, you just need a SHOUTcast or Icecast capable encoder and then some way to play the music. While I'm a bit out of the DJing scene now, in my days I just used a program called BUTT. All it does is broadcast all sounds coming from my computer. Then I just used Windows Media Player as well as any other sources as needed. The downsides of this are, you may not have all of the tools such as fade-ins, fade-outs, etc... so you gotta get creative or REALLY know your music to make it work smoothly.

Each person makes their set up their own, so hopefully, many other active DJs will give their input and assistance.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Lost62 on 12/21/2021(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 9:35:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here's another thread you may find helpful:

https://forums.uthervers...s-a-easier-way-now.aspx

Also...I have an "instructional" that I put together that I send out to anyone who asks for it. I will just paste it here so if it can help others, it's available.

Good luck.

To DJ in RLC, this is what one needs:

First, you need to get a broadcaster of some sort. I think most use Sams Broadcaster (https://spacial.com/what-we-do-features/) or Virtual DJ (https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html). There's also one called Mixxx but I don't have a site for that. (Rez provides a link for Mixxx in the above referenced link to the other discussion.)

If you go with SAMS, you need the Pro Sams, which is about 300 dollars. If you use the old, cracked version, you will have MANY problems and you won't be able to DJ. I know from experience.

Once you get a broadcaster, you need to have a music library. You need to download music (mp3 format) and create a LARGE music library.

You will need a converter.. I think most DJs at this point use MediaHuman, which is very easy to use, it's fast and never breaks down. You get updates regularly. (mediahuman.com/?mh_product=youtubetomp3&mh_source=win-desktop&mh_version=3.9.9.45) but there are others you can use.

Once you have a broadcaster and have your music library, it's time to get a stream.

I use PurePower Streams, they are pretty reliable and have good tech service AND they are available in RLC as well as Second Life and 3DXChat. There are other stream companies in RLC, I suggest you research them all and choose which works best for you.

PurePower Streams profile in RLC:

https://www.utherverse.c...aspx?MemberID=103111148

PurePower Streams Website:

http://purepowerstreams.net/home.php

Once you have a broadcaster, a converter, a music library and then a stream... you need to practice.. then you need gigs.

Broadcaster should be first because they are the most expensive part of being a DJ.

I hope this helps.. hugs..BB
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
SweetGuy on 12/22/2021(UTC)