Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to deal with a troll
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 6:36:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

as you all know, meaningful operation of the RLC forum is currently being disrupted on a daily basis by what I personally call the Trumplican Orphan.

Unfortunately, RLC obviously doesn't have the technical means to put an end to this activity at this time.

So here are a few tips on how to live well with this nonsense.

1) Don't post replies, because they will be deleted by RLC as soon as a new Orphan account has been reported and RLC has finished its investigation and the garbage posted by the Orphan before has been removed as well.

I know it's not always easy to keep your cool and composure, but the more attention you give the dolt, the happier he'll be, as attention is all he's desperately seeking. So it's not worth putting in the work to answer him.

2) If you want to help RLC and the forum community in the fight, the best way to do that is as follows:

- Click on the "Search Button" in the Social Center and open the Search feature in a new tab.
- Set the search filter to search for "Anyone
- Activate the search for "Profile Created" there as well.

Then look at the search results. If you find a suspicious name, open the profile and report it.

What is left to do then can only be done by RLC, since we as simple users have even less technical possibilities than RLC itself. So at this point, from this moment on, it is RLC's duty to investigate our leads.

Which parts of the name are all suspicious, we all know, there will certainly be more, for that the impertinence of this moron and his criminal energy with which he disregards the law that applies to RLC is too big.

There is a second option to stop this schmuck in advance. When you are in the forum all you need to do is pay a little attention at the box shown in the screenshot from time to time.

If there is a "newest member" with one of the usual suspects names displayed, then research the name via the Search feature in the Social Center. Mark the name from the first character, copy it with short cut "Ctrl + C" into memory and then copy it with short cut "Ctrl + V" into the box (hand with the 1).

A second variant is to simply type the first 5 to 8 characters into the search box (by hand2). Then you only need to press the Search button. The troll profile will be displayed and you can immediately see when the profile was created.

If it is from the current day and the name is suspicious, report it, the rest is then as mentioned above the business of the officials of RLC.

An African proverb says:

If many small people in many small places do many small things, they can alter the whole world.

The same is true for the RLC Forum. And then I offer you a second proverb, this time one from Germany.

Many hounds are the death of hares.

That means the more we hunt, the faster and sooner we catch it. One dog has no chance against a hare, but many dogs ... well, the rest you think for yourself.

Good luck, stay healthy,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 7/29/2021(UTC), ASultryWmn on 7/29/2021(UTC), rolichan on 7/29/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/30/2021(UTC), MrStevenNorth on 7/30/2021(UTC), Passing_Glances on 7/27/2022(UTC)
aangel_l
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 11:48:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ive seen people that agree with Sean with names that essentially says I'm a right wing nutcase. When I look at the post they have made its 0. When I look them up in game they aren't there. I can assume they were made specifically for forums.

Sad really. To be the only nutcase in the world must be so lonely. Its like a mistreated little girl making up a invisible friend because reality is too much to bear. It would be sad and in need of compassion if it wasn't a push for racism and sexism.

Take the Black Lives Matter marches.

It started out just like the last ten marches that were had because of police atrocities. But the videos were just too compelling to ignore. And like the killing of a white kid in Mississippi if the white people hadn't got involved would've just fizzled.

It started out apolitical but there were no Trump signs and there were no white supremacist running things so it was considered an enemy of the state.

Might be the reason they lost the election.

Now you just imagine if this had happened in China or Russia. The clones of the big nut would've been outraged.
5 users thanked aangel_l for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 7/29/2021(UTC), divingA_WnC on 7/29/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/30/2021(UTC), rolichan on 7/30/2021(UTC), MrStevenNorth on 7/30/2021(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 12:02:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
aangel_l;1673762 wrote:
Ive seen people that agree with Sean with names that essentially says I'm a right wing nutcase. When I look at the post they have made its 0. When I look them up in game they aren't there. I can assume they were made specifically for forums.

Sad really. To be the only nutcase in the world must be so lonely. Its like a mistreated little girl making up a invisible friend because reality is too much to bear. It would be sad and in need of compassion if it wasn't a push for racism and sexism.

Take the Black Lives Matter marches.

It started out just like the last tem marches that were had because of police atrocities. But the videos were just too compelling to ignore. And like the killing of a white kid in Mississippi if the white people hadn't got involved would've just fizzled.

It started out apolitical but there were no Trump signs and there were no white supremacist running things so it was considered an enemy of the state.

Might be the reason they lost the election.

Hello angel,

you got that right, those accounts thanking him there are accounts that have been banned before, not to say deleted, as well as their pointless scribblings.

Hence the brand new and highly topical forum joke:

Q: What do all these Trumplican orphan trolls get to hear sooner or later?

A: You're fired!

Good luck, stay healthy,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/30/2021(UTC), Passing_Glances on 7/27/2022(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 11:09:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Recently (of few hours) in this forum someone pondered what could be considered a sport.

It is considered a sport

- to chase a severely mentally impaired person across the forum

- Support the excellent moderator(s) of this forum in any form.

- to report an unbelievably stupid person whenever possible

- besides others to take care that embarrassingly stupid posts in this forum are removed as soon as possible

- to report a user who has been banned for a long time for breaking the rules, whenever he appears

- refresh the search page with recommended settings as often as possible, so that a terribly stupid troll is not given the opportunity to post his mental diarrhea in the first place

- collect 323 responses from RLC World Operations within one year from 7/6/2021 until today, talking about "appropriate actions have been taken

- to deprive an unconvincingly stupid person, as dumb as a turnip field, angry about the fact that the half-life of his postings has sunk below one hour on average, of any chance to post here at all and to report him, if possible, before he posts his nonsense that is unwanted by everyone else.

Anna7
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 1:51:01 PM(UTC)

i think tradtionally the method of dealing with a troll is to cut it head off .but because some forms spit acid

Oh and watch your head as they tend to live undr bridges dont but your head .

Maybe wear a hard hat
Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
rolichan on 7/26/2022(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 2:43:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Man kann auch still daneben sitzen, die Hände in den Schoß legen und es das sein lassen, was es ist, ein amerikanisches Problem. Das bedeutet, lass es die Amerikaner lösen, denn das ist es ja, was zumindest einige Vertreter dieser Spezies wollen. Wenn man sie unterstützt, riskiert man allenfalls von ihnen in den Hintern getreten zu werden.

ASultryWmn
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 4:46:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sie fängt schon wieder an. Was macht sie so 100% sicher, dass der Troll amerikanisch ist oder sogar auf diese Seite aus Amerika zugreift?
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
rolichan on 7/30/2022(UTC)
Cassey
#8 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 11:03:59 PM(UTC)

Medals:
divingA_WnC;1693318 wrote:
Man kann auch still daneben sitzen, die Hände in den Schoß legen und es das sein lassen, was es ist, ein amerikanisches Problem. Das bedeutet, lass es die Amerikaner lösen, denn das ist es ja, was zumindest einige Vertreter dieser Spezies wollen. Wenn man sie unterstützt, riskiert man allenfalls von ihnen in den Hintern getreten zu werden.

Do you know something I do not know Diving? What you said in Deutsch makes no sense to me...curious.

"You can also sit quietly next to it, put your hands in your lap and let it be what it is, an American problem. That means let the Americans solve it, because that's what at least some representatives of this species want. If you support them, you risk being kicked in the butt by them."

Maybe I was iggied by someone that said something before your post. Seems out of context for you diving.

1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
rolichan on 7/30/2022(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 2:49:24 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cassey;1693377 wrote:

Do you know something I do not know Diving? What you said in Deutsch makes no sense to me...curious.

"You can also sit quietly next to it, put your hands in your lap and let it be what it is, an American problem. That means let the Americans solve it, because that's what at least some representatives of this species want. If you support them, you risk being kicked in the butt by them."

Maybe I was iggied by someone that said something before your post. Seems out of context for you diving.

Hello Cassey,

I'm pretty much sure of that those to whom that was meant got the sense entirely and so can be you.

rolichan
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2022 3:37:39 PM(UTC)

Cassey;1693377 wrote:

yeah - more than a little of the recent behavior seems outta context... but the best i can suss out (because there was no other option than to assume since every attempt to actually have a discussion was met with flat refusal to even acknowledge reading any sort of attempt to clarify what is obviously nothing more than a misunderstanding of a common American idiom) is that this is her passive-aggressive way of continuing to try to keep her imagined battle alive.

see, me? ... i like to use the passive-aggressive approach when tryin to get a hypocrite (works with racists too) to actually see the lack of logic in their argument. if you keep pushing them to explain themselves... and you gotta be totally and obnoxiously relentless in this... but if you keep picking at them with flat truth, they always circle back on themselves. most run away at that point... but the ones who have bigger issues with critical thinking will just switch to a new argument.

but with issues like the one here - which i'm seriously only assuming the genesis of here - i prefer the actual aggressive-aggressive approach. with people i respect and call friend, i'm never afraid to state my true feelings on anything and if friends have misunderstandings, the human way to handle it is to discuss it. friendships that dissolve with one party not even knowing the cause of the dissolution are not - and never were - friendships. so the moral to this story is ultimately that i, per usual, am an overly trusting sucker who believed herself to have a friend when it was really nothing more than providing clarification on Americanisms that were apparently disapproved of.

so - and i did say previously that the last time i addressed either one of them was the 'last' time... so, apparently i lied - but as with all things in life - things change - so i'll say this directly to diving. if you got an issue with me, address me directly and privately - otherwise, move on and find something new to get bent outta shape over. bottom line is - you misunderstood an American idiom and completely overreacted - and rather than listening to someone who may know something that you actually don't, you decided i was your enemy and have been putting out your childish passive-aggressive barbs ever since.

knock it off - you're behaving like a child.
2 users thanked rolichan for this useful post.
Pig_PV on 7/31/2022(UTC), Paul_FW on 8/2/2022(UTC)
DarkLadyJADE
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2022 5:37:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:

To deal with Trolls, you bait them and track them down and let UNIORG deal with them. Then they be no more in Real Life or Virtual Life. It fun to watch them squirm and shake in their boots.

But then I am an evil person. And I know a few troll hunters who did not survive UNIORG's hunt. That is a true fact.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
rolichan
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2022 7:47:05 PM(UTC)

... Huh

why would getting consultation on integrated business software frighten away trolls? you think callin' HR on them will scare them off?

https://www.uniorg.de/en/
ASultryWmn
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2022 8:00:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
BAAAAWWWWWHAHAHAHAH girlllllllll scrambling to get off the floor and back in my seat.
DarkLadyJADE
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2022 3:10:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
rolichan;1693449 wrote:
... Huh

why would getting consultation on integrated business software frighten away trolls? you think callin' HR on them will scare them off?

Not the web link to UNIORG, but sad to say not everything lives in the virtual world. Because they live in Real Life.
NO LIVES MATTER!! Only believe in Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination for only one true self-discipline race, THE HUMAN RACE. Those who don't agree, are the enemy of the State of the Human Race.
Paul_FW
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2022 3:17:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
DarkLadyJADE;1693469 wrote:
rolichan;1693449 wrote:
... Huh

Not the web link to UNIORG, but sad to say not everything lives in the virtual world. Because they live in Real Life.

Its ok Tell your Current geezer I have no further interest in you.
He has nothing to worry about !
ASultryWmn
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2022 1:19:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH if this place goes belly up I'm sure gonna miss the laughs I have had in here.
rolichan
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2022 5:06:45 PM(UTC)

DarkLadyJADE;1693469 wrote:
rolichan;1693449 wrote:
... Huh

... again - Huh

so... a mysterious organization that apparently has no web presence at all - that "hunts" for trolls on-line? how does one contact this organization to alert them to troll activity on the web?

and you do realize that the internet exists in real life - yes?
ASultryWmn
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2022 10:22:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
aww forget it as long as the troll been in here if they were worth anything beyond potential skin cancer patients, they would have smashed his ass by now. We better off calling Ghost Busters and they not even real.