Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
wav file sounds
Nefarious_Needs
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 12:53:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Greetings all, I have been trying to make wav file sounds for the add sound script with no luck at all, it's not working for me.

Does anyone have any idea how this works or a script that works for it, I know it needs a host thanks?
Viegoth
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 7:16:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Nefarious_Needs;1667211 wrote:
Greetings all, I have been trying to make wav file sounds for the add sound script with no luck at all, it's not working for me.

Does anyone have any idea how this works or a script that works for it, I know it needs a host thanks?

Are you trying to create your own .wav files?

I believe the files need to be of a certain format (wave files have a lot of various formats).

This is what I've used for testing... I'm fairly sure both S8 and S16 (bits per sample) work. Lossless waves probably aren't going to work.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
3 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 4/1/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 4/1/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/4/2021(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 10:27:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Viegoth;1667237 wrote:
Nefarious_Needs;1667211 wrote:

Are you trying to create your own .wav files?

I believe the files need to be of a certain format (wave files have a lot of various formats).

This is what I've used for testing... I'm fairly sure both S8 and S16 (bits per sample) work. Lossless waves probably aren't going to work.

Thank you Viegoth, I am looking for directions to where, to begin with ,I have the freesound link to upload them but which link do you use to play in the world is what I am looking for.

That youtube link you put in says Video Unavailable
http://www.youtube.com/v...NVMujZVE&autoplay=1

this is a URL from freesound I put the link in the URL box in world but it does not play, please explain what I am doing wrong.

For example

Prop-sign01
Script- Audio Add Sound
URL - https://freesound.org/pe...n_Hittle/sounds/258283/

Auto Start -checked

volume- 50

Proximity-checked

Loop Sound -50

close prop editor,f5 I come back I get the music icon but it's not playing this is where the problem is.

Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 11:22:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello,

You are absolutely correct when you say that the WAV file will need a host.

I believe the problem could be the link. You may not be able to link to the direct sound from the Free Sound site.

I did a test by using a link from Free Sound and also got no results so I downloaded the Free Sound WAV file to my PC. I then uploaded the WAV file to my private online server and copied the link. When I pasted the text into the URL for the Audio Add Sound script I heard the sound file.

I hope this information helps!

Best,

Anhton
3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/4/2021(UTC), ASultryWmn on 4/12/2021(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/2/2022(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 11:45:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Anhton_Novo;1667248 wrote:
Hello,

I believe the problem could be the link. You may not be able to link to the direct sound from the Free Sound site.

I did a test by using a link from Free Sound and also got no results so I downloaded the Free Sound WAV file to my PC. I then uploaded the WAV file to my private online server and copied the link. When I pasted the text into the URL for the Audio Add Sound script I heard the sound file.

Best,

Anhton

Thank you, Anhton I am sure there is a hosting site made for wav or mp3 files, I was going by what was posted in the new scripts tab on the profile page in choosing a wav file to use for Audio Add Sound, I think UV should make a video on how to use the Audio Add Sound Script so people won't be so confused about how to use it.
2 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/1/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/13/2021(UTC)
Viegoth
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 01, 2021 5:31:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Nefarious_Needs;1667249 wrote:
Anhton_Novo;1667248 wrote:
Hello,

Best,

Anhton

Thank you, Anhton I am sure there is a hosting site made for wav or mp3 files, I was going by what was posted in the new scripts tab on the profile page in choosing a wav file to use for Audio Add Sound, I think UV should make a video on how to use the Audio Add Sound Script so people won't be so confused about how to use it.

Freesound definitely is not the answer. They don't want you hot-linking to their site. That link you posted is just a webpage link, not a wave file link. Also, I think the URL needs to end in ".wav" to be accepted.

As for the youtube video not working... that's just an old think I used in my signature. Guess it's been removed. Oh well.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
1 user thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/13/2021(UTC)
Brianna
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 03, 2021 10:57:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Just curious and not sure this is even possible...

Could you create a sound file that would greet someone when they spawn in your property(club) and use their name?

I think that might be pretty cool.
If technology was perfect, ...it wouldn't need US....

Brianna(SM) (a.k.a. DJ_Brianna(SM)) Owns WDGN_db_RADIO(TM) and the Club_Drakon(TM) franchise.
3 users thanked Brianna for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 4/3/2021(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/13/2021(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/7/2021(UTC)
aangel_l
#8 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 5:26:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
ive got a swamp scene I want to put in a large bees nest. I came here and found out i had to use wav audio . I put in the internet free wav sound effects. found a lot if free ones, just copy and paste. Most are made from a synthesizer and have very bad quality. They are very short and do not sound realistic. Photobucket used to host sounds but as we all know they aren't on good terms with anybody. but if poor quality sounds are ok theres plenty out there
1 user thanked aangel_l for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/13/2021(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#9 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 8:32:10 AM(UTC)

DJ_Brianna;1667321 wrote:

Could you create a sound file that would greet someone when they spawn in your property(club) and use their name?

I don't think it is possible, because that script must be composed of an artificial intelligence that must be able to read the user ID.
This implies an external company association with utherverse.inc, or that utherverse.inc is in charge of its development.
Add to it that many users do not want to be revealed by these scripts, even the existing writing scripts, there are users who when seeing them put their hands to their heads, put the cry in the sky or even feel watched. (a very stupid logic, I know .. but it happens)

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
Viegoth
#10 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 10:27:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cala_ULIKHYI;1667652 wrote:
DJ_Brianna;1667321 wrote:

I don't think it is possible, because that script must be composed of an artificial intelligence that must be able to read the user ID.
This implies an external company association with utherverse.inc, or that utherverse.inc is in charge of its development.
Add to it that many users do not want to be revealed by these scripts, even the existing writing scripts, there are users who when seeing them put their hands to their heads, put the cry in the sky or even feel watched. (a very stupid logic, I know .. but it happens)

Actually, this is possible. But you need to leverage some sort of text to speech mechanism (ie. Google) to do it, as you would have to convert the member's name from text into audio. This is something that would be much easier using a webpage, but I suppose it could be done using a straight audio playback request as well.

Profile Message

-
4 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/13/2021(UTC), A_Seddy on 4/13/2021(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/14/2021(UTC), Never_Lost on 3/31/2022(UTC)
ByPerseus_Design
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 12:07:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone! How are you? I am in need of a huge help !!! I need a hosting site for audio files that can be used with the Audio Add Sound script. Can anyone point me to a good platform for this?

Hugs

Perseus

LINK TO SHOWROOM (LAYOUT) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@1711585
LINK TO STORE (FURNITURE) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@181491/furniture_showroom
LINK TO HOUSE OF PERSEUS (FASHION DESIGN) ===>>>>> vww://utherverse.vww/@142629/maison#entrance
MY CLOTHING CATALOGUE ====>>>>> https://www.utherverse.c...arch.aspx?mid=104451832
MY RADIO STATION - ATLANTIS MUSIC HALL ====>>>>> https://byperseus.wixsite.com/radio

MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV
#12 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2022 5:48:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Here is a site that has some good sounds. You can also just google the sound you are looking for.
https://www.findsounds.com/ISAPI/search.dll