Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HTML5 AND GIFS (REPLACING THE OLD FLASH SCRIPT)
Sarah_KP_CP
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 6:03:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
sharing my struggle to replace the old flash script with gif content:

i will skip all that part of converting the flash to gif, and advance to what was my problem and you can adjust it to you if you have the same problem

i had a flash fireplace converted to gif and hosted to postimage.org

in RLC i used a sign01 prop, attached a "web browser (chromium)" script to it
linked the direct link to it and this is what i got:

turns out this problem is the "postimage.org" site ( had the same problem with "giphy", so i uploaded the same gif image in another host - this time https://imgfly.me

used the image url direct link in the sign01 prop and the result was:

now you only have to adjust size (your image size) in the script to get the final result:

i hope you can find this useful and saves some time to some of you

not afiliated to postimage neither imgfly, just sharing my thoughts

huggs
Sarah~

13 users thanked Sarah_KP_CP for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 11/23/2020(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 11/23/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/23/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 11/23/2020(UTC), Aki_dO on 11/23/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 11/23/2020(UTC), MR_RANDY_SDL on 11/23/2020(UTC), Cougar on 11/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 11/25/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC), Mr_NYDon on 9/16/2022(UTC)
A_Seddy
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 6:13:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well done! Applause ThumpUp
6 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Sarah_KP_CP on 11/23/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/23/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 11/23/2020(UTC), MR_RANDY_SDL on 11/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 11/25/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 9:18:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Sarah_TRC;1661314 wrote:

i will skip all that part of converting the flash to gif, and advance to what was my problem and you can adjust it to you if you have the same problem

huggs
Sarah~

Amazing initiative, tenacity and kindness sharing Sarah ThumpUp

Note i have submitted the following post to be placed in the HTML5 Toys & Gizmos topic and asked SG his opinion on if it should be there. Seeing SiTV numbers i know there is a lot of swf fireplaces out there. The method below is an alternative to the great solution Sarah has graciously shared her work with others. Sincere TYSM for that Sarah

The following various methods can be done with youtube or the hosted video files i have shared, the benefit of video vs GIF is in the clarity and length of the fireplace loop.

It can also be done as a regular fireplace or by choosing a Holiday theme one both of which are available at Youtube.

Try full screen at Youtube to see deco setting details better

This is not something i wanted to post in the HTML5 Toys and Gadgets topic
because what i really want to share next is how to do video/transparent using free software. i have to test the free software first since i use Adobe premiere

This i am sharing because of Christmas & SiTV has fireplace swf files out there a lot
that people used (i never minded that) but they will need replacing.

In the video above it is using youtube to do the fireplace video which i used to do things like that using youtube as video scenery out of a window and such. But Youtube in the past was fussy would change/not work so i prefer using my own hosted videos gives better control, no ads, and can do more like transparency. Hosted small video loops might be better also not use bandwidth as much once in the disk cache.

In the video i used the pedestal prop to do the fireplace cover, i like that prop because you can do a little thickness on the png images.

i am not the best deco and sure others can create nicer images but the links to the fireplace overlay in front of the video are.

http://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/FPOVERLAY2.png change the 2 to 3 or 4 to get the other ones.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iGwawktAMRg?autoplay=1&loop=1
That is the url and syntax used in the chromium browser script don't forget to turn up the emissive to 255 in the state tab

Of course, you can change the 11 character youtube code to other videos, there are plenty of fireplace ones.

Also, i did 6 short looping ones that are https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/FPV/FPV5.html

Change the 5 to 1-6 for the other ones and if you add a "m" after the number
https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/FPV/FPV5m.html
The "m" is to mute the sound

All the white that shows on those links is transparent to they fit fine.

The dancing Mr. & Ms. Clause

This is why i want to do a post on how to do the video part so people can create their own, being able to host the videos and the HTML, CSS and .JS. SiTV can help on if members who can do the videos need hosting.

The dancing Mr. & Ms. Clause is not one of my best but if it spreads JOY you are welcome to it

The link is https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/Si-Mr-MsSanta.html

Put that in the chromium browser script again don't forget emissive to 255 in the state tab

Play with the scale in the script tab size it to 1280 width 720 height. Careful when changing the scale, don't do that fast using the up-down arrows it can get you stuck/crash RLC

Also, Mr Clause cuts the rug deeper so have to find a happy medium in the Y position.

As always those who can help back to cover cost on SiTV it is always appreciated

https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/Si-Mr-MsSanta.zip

Source files to the Mr-MsSanta hopefully soon i will find the right free video software to do a How-To post on the transparent video, maybe some can figure it out before with those files

Peace

* Going to be looking at the realistic water swf and providing some clocks also see what can be done soon. Those too are out there in high numbers done in flash.
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
7 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/23/2020(UTC), MR_RANDY_SDL on 11/23/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 11/23/2020(UTC), Cougar on 11/24/2020(UTC), DareDevil345 on 11/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 11/25/2020(UTC), Randy_Rocks on 12/1/2020(UTC)
LazTopCat
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:11:59 AM(UTC)

Has anyone played around with WickEdiitor??? It seems pretty easy to use. And might be a way to replace FLASH. I dunno. Huh
https://www.wickeditor.com/#/

4 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 11/25/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/25/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 11/25/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:18:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
LazTopCat;1661431 wrote:
Has anyone played around with WickEdiitor??? It seems pretty easy to use. And might be a way to replace FLASH. I dunno. Huh
https://www.wickeditor.com/#/

Great find! The scripting is sort of like a light version of AS3. Basic timeline editing for the animations with keyframes and tweening. This can save loads of time and make some nice interactive basic apps.

The .wick files seem to be ok to use as html

https://forum.wickeditor...esults-in-txt-file/2225

2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/25/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/26/2020(UTC)
Mountain
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 7:10:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:
When flash departs all of the internets. There will be a change. Most of my zabys have SITV. Have not heard anything about that being able to continue. There are some really good designers on here with a lot of good ideas. I have spent so much money here. Invested so much into this. From someone who pays for this and does not depend on others to pay it for me or from sales of anything. I appreciate everything anyone has sold me or done for me. I knew what this was when my friends had me join years ago. Everyone knew. All designers should proud of their achievements. With the pandemic and so many losing everything. Loss and sacrifice have become a common thing. I'm not much on the forum thingy, but trying to find answers brought me here. Again. On this day of being thankful. I am thankful to be alive and have the privilege of being in this. Don't know what the future will bring on here, but we are here now.
4 users thanked Mountain for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 11/26/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 11/26/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:08:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Mountain;1661473 wrote:
When flash departs all of the internets. There will be a change. Most of my zabys have SITV. Have not heard anything about that being able to continue. There are some really good designers on here with a lot of good ideas. I have spent so much money here. Invested so much into this. From someone who pays for this and does not depend on others to pay it for me or from sales of anything. I appreciate everything anyone has sold me or done for me. I knew what this was when my friends had me join years ago. Everyone knew. All designers should proud of their achievements. With the pandemic and so many losing everything. Loss and sacrifice have become a common thing. I'm not much on the forum thingy, but trying to find answers brought me here. Again. On this day of being thankful. I am thankful to be alive and have the privilege of being in this. Don't know what the future will bring on here, but we are here now.

It's been work and plenty of it last 48hrs but the puzzle pieces are all coming together.

i will always do my main live smexy music video channel and enough naughty/tv/films to get things going on the new player. But it is my wish that more people do their own channels.

Anyone who has uploaded a video to youtube will be able to upload anything they choose and have it play all see same, same time. You are a Mountain on the A list each month making SiTV possible... Different, new things to get used to but i hope the new player helps keep people together and sharing their content with each other.

Don't worry bout it. Pffft we got this Mountain. Go over to RLC Street Century Theater - no flash.

Flash? We don't need no stinkin' flash badges! Smile

Peace

3 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Cala_ULIKHYI on 11/26/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/27/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:13:58 AM(UTC)

Although Silesia Can give you more details about it .... I remember reading that sitv is already updated, so that its display would not affect the disappearance of flash

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
Silesa
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 11:29:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cala_ULIKHYI;1661479 wrote:
Although Silesia Can give you more details about it .... I remember reading that sitv is already updated, so that its display would not affect the disappearance of flash

What i mean by we got this is kind of like on a few occasions the nieces and nephews tore the house up. It is going to be a mess BUT eventually, we will get through it, IMO better than new.

There is not going to be multiple screens at a property for a month or months after the Jan 1st. It is possible through peer to peer networking and WebSockets. There is an open-source to do that with and UV/Brian used it to do the Townhall.

None of those types of platforms are very user friendly to do what we always have had here Video Players. They are written for video conferencing.

This is the reason i didn't choose to go that way. Here is the thing some might choose to go that way, i'd help them if they needed to, had that working over a year ago.

It's all about the limited video codecs in Chromium i can not say for sure but real good chance the devs will get us back the codecs in chromium. There are open source builds of chromium with the codecs now.

Big When and small if the Devs make that happen, 1 to 6 months we will have easy ways of doing Real-Time Streaming (HLS/M3U8). What we have now, Nginx and a gazillion HTML5 video players out there be easy to do. Real-time light on resources should be no audio/video echo on multiple screens. Why i chose the platform i did we get codecs/real-time light on resources back, that will plug right into the new player SiTV has now.

RQ was very correct when asked about if the equivalent of flash copy could be done with Ajax/PHP asynchronous requests, which works fine for data apps but not so good on video/audio.

OK in the best plain english version, what SiTV has working now is just like what Drake and Iceware had in flash SYNC all see same same time but SiTV new player is HTML5.

Flash and Flash copy made it possible for multiple screens, flash was made to handle video and audio.

Haven't talked to Kesha in a while last time i did she was impressed with SiTV new player. YEARS of friendly competition and exchange of knowledge, but knowing Kesha she doesn't quit and curious is an understatement on what she is up to.

BUT i will be glad for the people first when the Devs get the codecs back, players will be a lot easier LIVE not just sync.

Plus what i been working on (way to upload mp4 convert to WebM on SiTV player) won't be needed. BUT we got that on SiTV working already, nothing left to do but make it pretty next few weeks and get us through till the devs get the codecs back.

If you could work a Drake or Iceware sync player and able to upload a video you can run a SiTV HTML5 player. If you can't that is OK plenty of others will have them for all to still have video in RLC.

Happy Bird Day All

Peace

3 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 11/26/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/27/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC)
MrStevenNorth
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2020 2:29:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi Silesa,

You are always such a wizard on this stuff with my other friend Hi Lo. I talked to a computer tech in a best buy store
(the geek squad), they said soon chrome and firefox will be sending automatic updates to replace 'flash'. Is this true?

Steven
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

1 user thanked MrStevenNorth for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/27/2020(UTC)
daernur
#11 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 7:06:18 AM(UTC)

To pick up on a semi-tangential thread of this discussion: transparency.

I had created a variety of signs (beer neons, etc) in flash with transparency. My preliminary investigation is that the transfer from Flash could be quite challenging. GIF will not support transparency (as per my understanding), and I cannot get any on-line converter to convert my old SWF files from Macromedia Flash 8 that contain tweening effects to MOV, M$P, WEBM, or whatever, successfully. I chased the Wickeditor option, and although a cool free program, that program seems to insist on a solid background as well.

I understand from Selesa's previous post that Adobe Premiere would work, but would prefer to avoid locking into $40 USD a month for an item that is only an ancillary item in the bag of tricks.

Any guidance, thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful. I would be happy to look at anything in the concept or alpha stages to try to contribute to the common cause. This may not be the change for which we asked, but it is a chance to build back better.

At your service,

D
1 user thanked daernur for this useful post.
Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC)
Chaos
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 7:14:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello,
I am hoping someone has an answer or solution to this problem. Last night I watched a movie in our theater with SiTV, However, for me and for me only, every time a Movie gets to 31.3 minutes I lose sound, and get a Green Screen. No matter what the movie, and it only happened to me, not to the others in attendance?

In addition, with this new Flash, will SiTV be able to set up so that if one person hits play for a movie, everyone in attendance will see the same movie such as Century Theater?

Thank you,
Chaos
“Life is nothing without a little Chaos to make it interesting.”
1 user thanked Chaos for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 10:14:56 AM(UTC)

Chaos;1661616 wrote:
Hello,
I am hoping someone has an answer or solution to this problem. Last night I watched a movie in our theater with SiTV, However, for me and for me only, every time a Movie gets to 31.3 minutes I lose sound, and get a Green Screen. No matter what the movie, and it only happened to me, not to the others in attendance?

In addition, with this new Flash, will SiTV be able to set up so that if one person hits play for a movie, everyone in attendance will see the same movie such as Century Theater?

Thank you,
Chaos

chaos i would contact sitv owner directly to get that answer.
1 user thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 10:16:07 AM(UTC)

daernur;1661537 wrote:

I had created a variety of signs (beer neons, etc) in flash with transparency. My preliminary investigation is that the transfer from Flash could be quite challenging. GIF will not support transparency (as per my understanding), and I cannot get any on-line converter to convert my old SWF files from Macromedia Flash 8 that contain tweening effects to MOV, M$P, WEBM, or whatever, successfully. I chased the Wickeditor option, and although a cool free program, that program seems to insist on a solid background as well.

I understand from Selesa's previous post that Adobe Premiere would work, but would prefer to avoid locking into $40 USD a month for an item that is only an ancillary item in the bag of tricks.

Any guidance, thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful. I would be happy to look at anything in the concept or alpha stages to try to contribute to the common cause. This may not be the change for which we asked, but it is a chance to build back better.

At your service,

D

i am able to make transparent gifs work all the time.
daernur
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2020 12:55:11 PM(UTC)

Thank you for your reply. What software do you use to create the GIF?
1 user thanked daernur for this useful post.
Eld_Talis_AAV
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 12:23:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
daernur;1661636 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. What software do you use to create the GIF?

I use https://ezgif.com/ to create my GIF files
2 users thanked Eld_Talis_AAV for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/2/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 12/13/2020(UTC)
daernur
#17 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2020 11:28:24 AM(UTC)

Silesa;1661325 wrote:
Sarah_TRC;1661314 wrote:

huggs
Sarah~

Amazing initiative, tenacity and kindness sharing Sarah ThumpUp

Note i have submitted the following post to be placed in the HTML5 Toys & Gizmos topic and asked SG his opinion on if it should be there. Seeing SiTV numbers i know there is a lot of swf fireplaces out there. The method below is an alternative to the great solution Sarah has graciously shared her work with others. Sincere TYSM for that Sarah

The following various methods can be done with youtube or the hosted video files i have shared, the benefit of video vs GIF is in the clarity and length of the fireplace loop.

It can also be done as a regular fireplace or by choosing a Holiday theme one both of which are available at Youtube.

Try full screen at Youtube to see deco setting details better

This is not something i wanted to post in the HTML5 Toys and Gadgets topic
because what i really want to share next is how to do video/transparent using free software. i have to test the free software first since i use Adobe premiere

This i am sharing because of Christmas & SiTV has fireplace swf files out there a lot
that people used (i never minded that) but they will need replacing.

In the video above it is using youtube to do the fireplace video which i used to do things like that using youtube as video scenery out of a window and such. But Youtube in the past was fussy would change/not work so i prefer using my own hosted videos gives better control, no ads, and can do more like transparency. Hosted small video loops might be better also not use bandwidth as much once in the disk cache.

In the video i used the pedestal prop to do the fireplace cover, i like that prop because you can do a little thickness on the png images.

i am not the best deco and sure others can create nicer images but the links to the fireplace overlay in front of the video are.

http://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/FPOVERLAY2.png change the 2 to 3 or 4 to get the other ones.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iGwawktAMRg?autoplay=1&loop=1
That is the url and syntax used in the chromium browser script don't forget to turn up the emissive to 255 in the state tab

Of course, you can change the 11 character youtube code to other videos, there are plenty of fireplace ones.

Also, i did 6 short looping ones that are https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/FPV/FPV5.html

Change the 5 to 1-6 for the other ones and if you add a "m" after the number
https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/FPV/FPV5m.html
The "m" is to mute the sound

All the white that shows on those links is transparent to they fit fine.

The dancing Mr. & Ms. Clause

This is why i want to do a post on how to do the video part so people can create their own, being able to host the videos and the HTML, CSS and .JS. SiTV can help on if members who can do the videos need hosting.

The dancing Mr. & Ms. Clause is not one of my best but if it spreads JOY you are welcome to it

The link is https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/Si-Mr-MsSanta.html

Put that in the chromium browser script again don't forget emissive to 255 in the state tab

Play with the scale in the script tab size it to 1280 width 720 height. Careful when changing the scale, don't do that fast using the up-down arrows it can get you stuck/crash RLC

Also, Mr Clause cuts the rug deeper so have to find a happy medium in the Y position.

As always those who can help back to cover cost on SiTV it is always appreciated

https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/CM/Si-Mr-MsSanta.zip

Source files to the Mr-MsSanta hopefully soon i will find the right free video software to do a How-To post on the transparent video, maybe some can figure it out before with those files

Peace

* Going to be looking at the realistic water swf and providing some clocks also see what can be done soon. Those too are out there in high numbers done in flash.

Asking what appears to be a stupid question: When I tried plugging in my Youtube address in the looping fireplace example, my video ran once and failed to loop. Is there a setting internal to Youtube that needs to be set?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Goddess_Roxie_KB
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 11:53:47 AM(UTC)

How are you able to make it a transparent?

DJ_REBELCOWGIRL;1661627 wrote:
daernur;1661537 wrote:

At your service,

D

i am able to make transparent gifs work all the time.

Teen_Temptress
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 9:48:59 AM(UTC)

WHERE IS SILESA?
We have not heard from her for more than a month from Disney. Someone has closer contact with her than we do ... We are very worried about her.
2 users thanked Teen_Temptress for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/29/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 1/8/2021(UTC)
Star
#20 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2022 9:55:06 AM(UTC)

Goddess_Roxie_KB;1662660 wrote:
How are you able to make it a transparent?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've found a link showing how to do this. I finally got around to trying it today and it worked, so I wanted to share it for anyone else who can't figure it out and can't find it on the forum Smile

https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Web_Browser_(Chromium)#Transparent_GIF

I hope this helps someone out there Smile
4 users thanked Star for this useful post.
Pytch on 9/16/2022(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 9/16/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/17/2022(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 9/17/2022(UTC)