Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Mirrored Disco Ball--lighting
o_hannah_o
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2020 11:09:07 PM(UTC)

i'm failry new--to make a long story short, i've tried deco in may apps before, but it just kinda finally click and i've been doing it in rlc after years of trying other places.

i made a small party zaby for me and friends. it's a "breakout" area so i was able to do anything i wanted without the bones of the basic zaby getting in the way. i've done a lot in a short amount of time for learning, but now i'm really stuck. i have a mirrored disco ball that i have mounted to the ceiling and i have the rotation going and the animated texture attached, but i would really like it to put out light circles onto the walls and floor like a mirrir ball does in real life. i'm new to this, like i said, but i've read a lot and got a lot done. if anyone could give me a link to an article, or step by step instructions would do too *s*, on getting the circle lighting thing going, i'd really appreciate it.

if you wanna see what i've done with the breakout idea in the short time i've been doing deco, take a look:
"hannah's naked party"
vww://utherverse.vww/@1640844#outside%20club

before you go in--look up, that is the basic zaby up there
ground floor:
VIP Dance Floor
lap dance in each sectional
pole dance poles (on stage)
exotic dance stage (enter from side so exotic dance and tv do not interfere)
big screeen SiTV

second floor: (click the horse shoe on the front of the stage)
i call this the "lucky floor" bedrooms all
S-straight rooms
B-bondage rooms
Manu_DECO
#2 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2020 1:40:23 AM(UTC)

you can try to find a gif with that effect.
you did a good job for a first timer.
2 users thanked Manu_DECO for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/2/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 11/2/2020(UTC)
o_hannah_o
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2020 12:34:47 AM(UTC)

i don't see it manu, rlc doesn't support GIF format directly, so you have to convert it to flash and do a flash insert or imbed a browser. 6 embedded browsers is way too much overhead as it is recommended to use 1 or find another way. i have literally read hundreds of articles on Deco at this point, but being new i may be missing something. do you have specific examples of what you are talking about?

Manu_DECO;1658994 wrote:
you can try to find a gif with that effect.
you did a good job for a first timer.

o_hannah_o
#4 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:07:08 AM(UTC)

well, well, all my peeps, here is how it is done--really--no guessing and no suggestions, here is how to make the lights on the floor from the disco ball:

1-get a suitable object to rotate on the floor, i used a manhole and shrank the thickness down to 0.01% so it is basically a turning sign, which will also work. literally, anything that is flat that you can put on the floor and dance on and you can retexture it using a cached web script. create it.

2-add a rotate object script to it and set the Y-Axis Yaw to the same as the Mirror Ball.

3-create a transparent PNG file, i used MS Paint 3D, and set the back ground to be transparent in the canvas options. choose 2D stickers and create them all over the image in the boundaries of a circle, each sticker should be set to about 16% on the transparency strength, what i did, you decide. Save the file as a PNG. Put the file in your utherbucket, as your photos will not support the transparent features of your PNG.

4-add another script to the manhole, or whatever you use, cached web image and paste the link to your PNG you made.

5-enjoy the lights rotating on your floor of your zaby or club.

As with any of my posts, if you have any questions just inbox me and i will endevor to answer or correct any errors i may have made.

Special thank you to Darth and Michelle Khyros over at Fidelio's Hotwife Hotel & Bar for being kind enough to share how they did it. It works peeps, nothing more--no GIF support needed, no browser enbedding, no real custom anything except some simple dots on a transparent background using a free tool.
3 users thanked o_hannah_o for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 11/13/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/13/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/15/2020(UTC)