Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HTML 5
o_hannah_o
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2020 6:26:29 PM(UTC)

so i am seeing a lot of "use HTML 5" and "this doesn't work even in HTML 5", when i see that is it referencing an imbedded browser?
Cassey
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2020 10:34:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sorry Hannah, for me anyway, I am not sure what you are asking here.
2 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/4/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/5/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 12:37:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
o_hannah_o;1659239 wrote:
so i am seeing a lot of "use HTML 5" and "this doesn't work even in HTML 5", when i see that is it referencing an imbedded browser?

About a year ago there was a patch that changed the deco script attach web browser based on Internet Explorer to being based on Chromium. It has improved lag and capabilities, now the deco script is called web Chromium browser. (i think, chromium something is the name of the deco script in the deco editor)

Web pages with scripts, applications, animated gif images and videos plus other things just starting to be used with it (HTML 5)

https://forums.uthervers...romium.aspx#post1592361

There is several topics on it in this section but that topic link is the first one when it was showcased/ROLLED OUT/UV had an HTML5 SHOWCASE EVENT.
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
5 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 11/5/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 11/5/2020(UTC), MR_RANDY_SDL on 11/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/5/2020(UTC), o_hannah_o on 11/14/2020(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 1:31:02 AM(UTC)

Quote:
What is HTML5?

HTML5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, the code that describes web pages. It's actually three kinds of code: HTML, which provides the structure; Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which take care of presentation; and JavaScript, which makes things happen.

Source: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/internet/web/html5-what-is-it-1047393

It's evolving, not complete yet. Flash is destined to go this year and it is hoped HTML5 will replace it in some way. At the moment HTML5 is not yet fully defined, finished or working. Hence you will get some people saying use HTML5 and some saying it doesn't work or more likely "How the bloody hell do I do that?"

What it is not;

It is not a new web browser, it is the new and evolving code used in Web sites and pages. Many of the current browsers use it.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
3 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 11/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/5/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/5/2020(UTC)
Chantal
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 2:13:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well the whole reasoning behind the removal of flash and a choice over html5 is thanks to lobbying companies who want their codecs which need licenses fees to be paid to them for websites to use their software. Flash in itself was designed in a way that it allowed far more flexibility and greater control of the coder. Meaning you didn't really need these license fees.

Due to this is has also been plagued over the years with leaks and weaknesses in the code. My personal opinion is that adobe simply caved under the pressure to remove it and no longer support it, this also benifits them where they force people to use their new software programs.

In most all aspects html5 is the same as flash other then the lack of action script, which allowed way more freedom to creators. But I don't think anyone is going to have a choice, since all the "big" names in the industry and the license holder of flash all going to stop supporting it. They also very unlikely to release the source code. There are some open source and programming groups trying to continue flash and flash websites, but without the source code they have a long road ahead. I also think a lot of web history will be lost due to this removal, many flash based applications simply won't be accessable anymore to the general public.

So wanting or not wanting, we all going to have to accept that flash is probably no longer going to be a thing end of this year.

I have been migrating all my flash apps I build over the years to HTML5, unfortunatly due to how HTML5 works some of the apps I used won't be returning. I completed this work a while ago so anyone visiting my places should be ok in the future.
I setup a Discord for everyone!

Feel free to join at: https://discord.gg/4CgshQF

Need some help, visit: https://utherverse.fando...om/wiki/Utherverse_Wiki
6 users thanked Chantal for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 11/5/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 11/5/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/5/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 11/5/2020(UTC), Silesa on 11/5/2020(UTC)
o_hannah_o
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2020 11:15:55 PM(UTC)

i have a programing in HTLM book from a few years back and HTML 5 is even defined in there. So i know it's not a new browser nor even a new HTML standard. what i want to know is what prop supports HTML 5, none that i see, so if my assumption is correct, it's embedding a browser into something like a sign01 prop.. is that correct?

The_Black_Rieder;1659278 wrote:
Quote:
What is HTML5?

HTML5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, the code that describes web pages. It's actually three kinds of code: HTML, which provides the structure; Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which take care of presentation; and JavaScript, which makes things happen.

Source: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/internet/web/html5-what-is-it-1047393

It's evolving, not complete yet. Flash is destined to go this year and it is hoped HTML5 will replace it in some way. At the moment HTML5 is not yet fully defined, finished or working. Hence you will get some people saying use HTML5 and some saying it doesn't work or more likely "How the bloody hell do I do that?"

What it is not;

It is not a new web browser, it is the new and evolving code used in Web sites and pages. Many of the current browsers use it.

The_Black_Rieder
#7 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 2:04:59 PM(UTC)

Quote:
In what year did HTML 5 become the current standard?

The first working draft of HTML 5 was published in January 2008. Adoption of HTML 5 was gradual between 2008 and 2012, and then steady. HTML 5 was finally issued as a W3C Recommendation in 2014.

I think there was a property a while back they had which showed props perhaps using HTML 5 if memory serves (I do have short term memory problems due to severe pain meds) and people were able to walk around. Other than that the best people to ask are Support.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

Viegoth
#8 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 2:49:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
o_hannah_o;1659395 wrote:
... what i want to know is what prop supports HTML 5, none that i see, so if my assumption is correct, it's embedding a browser into something like a sign01 prop.. is that correct?

No prop supports HTML5. Props do not "support" anything. They are merely models or vessels for content(scripts). It's the scripts that support the content. And scripts are attached to props (basically any prop).

HTML(including HTML5) is a web programming language. Which means you would use it to create a web page. And you would use a "web" browser to view that page. So that should tell you that to utilize HTML5, you would need to use a "web browser" script, attached to your prop of choice, and a web page hosted somewhere on the internet, which is written/programmed using HTML5.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
2 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/7/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 11/7/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#9 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 2:50:09 PM(UTC)

You're right The_Black_Rieder.

Today I was reading the pach notes.
(I would prefer it to be visible in profiles, not all users regularly visit the utherversefandom)
So I wanted to visit the html5 room
vww://utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree
but it was impossible. the viewer was throwing an error.

Possible causes:
  • The room no longer exists as such
  • They changed the VWW

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
    The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
  • Viegoth
    #10 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 2:56:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Cala_ULIKHYI;1659468 wrote:

vww://vww://utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree
    but it was impossible. the viewer was throwing an error.

Possible causes:
  • The room no longer exists as such
  • They changed the VWW

• Did you happen to notice the URL you are trying to visit?

"vww://vww://" <-- this is not valid in a URL. The correct URL would be "vww://utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree".

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
    A_Seddy on 11/7/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/8/2020(UTC)
    Cala_ULIKHYI
    #11 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:02:36 PM(UTC)

I don't understand that BBCode auto-writing error, I copy and paste the URL as it appears in the fandom, and the forum rewrites it

Viegoth
    #12 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:05:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Cala_ULIKHYI;1659472 wrote:
    I don't understand that BBCode auto-writing error, I copy and paste the URL as it appears in the fandom, and the forum rewrites it

I just visited that property and it loaded fine for me. Maybe try it again. If it doesn't work for you, then maybe you could post the error you get.

vww://utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree

Profile Message

-
    Cala_ULIKHYI
    #13 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:29:44 PM(UTC)

That's right, right now I'm in the living room ... maybe at noon there was the failure.

I want to remind you that I read and write in Spanish, therefore I am obliged to use the translator, so that it also reads in Spanish, that generates a failure in the links, which leaves a blank space.
    Example, I say.
    Http://google.com
    When translating it reads
    Http: //google.com
    And when returning the reading to English, the code is fine, but thrown in error (broken link)

The_Black_Rieder
    #14 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:35:54 PM(UTC)

Thanks Cala and Viegoth, I got an error clicking on the link from Viegoth. But I think it may be FireFox at fault. I then copy/pasted it into Internet Explorer, logged in and went there no problem. I have like a brick wall in my head due to the meds and the more I try to get my mind past it the more ill it makes me, it expands and expands and makes my head hurt internally. I feel sick and about to pass out when it happens so I try not to push myself too much. So remembering the property was just not about to happen. I now have the place in my Landmarks. Thanks again.

Thanks especially to Cala for looking into this more in depth. I used to do all that but cannot now do so. All I have left is long term memory mostly.

Rieder

2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
    Cala_ULIKHYI on 11/6/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/7/2020(UTC)
    Cala_ULIKHYI
    #15 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:54:55 PM(UTC)

Well, maybe we should thank you for having that enthusiasm.

I was always very curious in that sense, and they were things that I knew, what I did not know was how to function in the forum without the help of the reversible translator.

Viegoth The reading should be correct in any of these 32 cases
  • http://vww//utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree
  • vww://vww//utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree
    When you have the game closed and you want to open it by traveling directly to that location, as seen in the image below

And this is the one that is copied and pasted in the URL with the viewer already open.
  • vww://utherverse.vww/@2568/@1528368#entree

What I don't understand is because it forces me to use a new tab to paste the url, because if I use the mouse menu or copy in the same translated forum tab, that's when it throws the error.

• Viegoth
    #16 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 4:40:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Just remove the first "vww://" from the URL.

I think the forums automatically adds "http://" in when you add a link to a post. It's best to copy the URL and paste it into the address bar of the Utherverse client.

Profile Message

-
    o_hannah_o
    #17 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2020 1:38:22 AM(UTC)

Thank you Viegoth for adeptly correcting my newbie jargon error. but to be actually supper correct the script does nothing too... it just links you to OS level resource or various layer available to the OS to do tasks. the script itself is interpreted by another OS layer or objects available to the OS layers that will handle the request in, hopefully, a desired and acceptable way.

Also thank you for stating that there is not anything, other than the embedded web browser, indeed it is not the script that does it either, but the actual embedded web browser generated at the request of the script, that will support HTML5.
    hannah

Viegoth;1659467 wrote:
    o_hannah_o;1659395 wrote:
    ... what i want to know is what prop supports HTML 5, none that i see, so if my assumption is correct, it's embedding a browser into something like a sign01 prop.. is that correct?

No prop supports HTML5. Props do not "support" anything. They are merely models or vessels for content(scripts). It's the scripts that support the content. And scripts are attached to props (basically any prop).

HTML(including HTML5) is a web programming language. Which means you would use it to create a web page. And you would use a "web" browser to view that page. So that should tell you that to utilize HTML5, you would need to use a "web browser" script, attached to your prop of choice, and a web page hosted somewhere on the internet, which is written/programmed using HTML5.