Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Rotate Object
StormMunroeChaos
#1 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 2:43:21 AM(UTC)

Hi can someone tell me how to rotate an object, I have totally forgotten how to do it?
A_Seddy
#2 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 3:33:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
If you only want to change the position of the object on one of the axes, go to the "Rotation" tab in Prop Editor. If you want a continuing rotating movement of the object, use the "Rotate Object" script.
More information here: https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Prop_Editor
4 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 11/6/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/6/2020(UTC), StormMunroeChaos on 11/7/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/8/2020(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#3 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2020 11:37:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:

There are 3 different types of rotation in the new Rotate Object script. They are as follows:

1. Velocity Pitch (X-Axis)

2. Velocity Yaw (Y-Axis)

3. Velocity Roll (Z-Axis)

Place the Velocity (Speed) in the box which corresponds to the desired rotation. If you want the prop to rotate in the opposite direction just click on the CCW option for that particular rotation.

If you want to switch things up a bit you can add multiple rotations in the same script. Just put numbers in multiple boxes. Below is an example of how the three basic rotations work.

One thing to note. It is best to make sure the that Activate on Load is not checked until AFTER you put in the specs in the script. That will make it easier to control it. Once you click on the Activate on Load script and click on the release button the rotation should begin.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best,

Anhton

(Just a side note, The image at the top shows all three of the rotation options at the same time. The regular prop editor windows would require scrolling down. I just combined it as one image to make it easier to see all of the options)
6 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
MrsPattyWroxxMWS on 11/6/2020(UTC), StormMunroeChaos on 11/7/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/7/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 11/7/2020(UTC), Scr_karenWFF_KMT on 11/7/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/8/2020(UTC)