Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
different way to boot from region
CinnamonSugar2
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 4:10:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Some time ago i had seen either a post here or on someones blog about a way to boot someone from your zaby but not by sending them to vancouver, somehow it involved making a prop that revolved around with a move to location to transport them home or to a club or wherever you had the url for. however i tried what i thought i remembered and it didn't work on someone that was in the way of my decoing that was ghosting (fell asleep in rl i believe lol) does anyone happen to know how to make this work, how do i do it, and am i making any sense explaining what im trying to do lol
SweetGuy
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 4:45:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If the person is already there, then it likely won't work. It sounds like you probably did it correctly, but what you are trying has to be triggered in order to work and can't be triggered by someone already in that spot.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/5/2020(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:24:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
but why wouldn't it be triggered if the prop is spinning around and sort of whacks them when they aren't looking
SweetGuy
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:31:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm sure there are much better ways to describe it but think of them as a tree. Since they are already there it's not going to be triggered by them. In what you are describing, they aren't moving, the trigger is, so it's going to consider everything currently in its path as a permanent fixture. Now if they were to walk into it themselves, it would notice that they aren't something already supposed to be there and then trigger.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/8/2020(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:45:34 PM(UTC)

At one time if multiple people were in a Zaby they all saw the changes at the same time. For some time now the position has changed to one where if they are not all in the Prop Editor at the same time then they do not see the changes. That is until they refresh or go to the Transport and back. By not seeing the changes the trigger would not affect them, no matter if it worked or not. Because on their screen it doesn't yet exist, until they do the refresh.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/6/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/8/2020(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 6:09:25 PM(UTC)

Medals:
well that is a bummer, i didn't have booting rights at the place i was decoing and he was in the way luckily the owner was there and after apologizing to his ghosting avi she booted him to vancouver but it still would have been rather funny to send him elsewhere
CinnamonSugar2
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 6:12:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
would it have worked if the spinning move to location prop had already been in the zaby when he arrived and then just moved to whack him when he went afk then? since the prop was already in place and he wasn't or not because it was moved to him rather than him moving to it?
Cala_ULIKHYI
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 7:55:45 PM(UTC)

I'm not sure if the answers correspond to your question ... or my translator went for coffee.

If you mean what is the script that moves users from one VWWurl to another, it is, move to VWW location, but I don't know if it is already operational.

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
Cougar
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 11:15:57 PM(UTC)

Cinnamon,

I have used a similar method to what you are describing. I used an invisible prop with a trigger to send the offender to Gay Alley.

I did it cause the dude was wayyyy homophobic rofl. He kept telling me that he loved to go to Vancouver.

It was in my club, I used a door above the dance floor, when he entered, I would move the door to his position and lower it on him...poofSmile

We had great fun with that for a long time. The guy couldn't figure out how he kept winding up in (gasp) Gay Alley! He came back and experienced that for well over a month.

Just call me a bitchSmile He is gone now, and prolly still wondering how all that happened!

~Coug
Don't shop, just adopt. Support your local animal rescue, if you can't adopt, foster, if you can't foster, sponsor, if you can't sponsor, volunteer, if you can't volunteer, donate, if you can't donate educate! Give old blankets and towels! And PLEASE, ALWAYS spay or neuter your pet!!

4 users thanked Cougar for this useful post.
Paul_FW on 9/6/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/6/2020(UTC), MrStevenNorth on 9/6/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/6/2020(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 11:38:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
yes cougar! thats what im talking about! so if the person is there but ghosting it should work if the prop is already on the property and moved to them but not if its built after they are already there?
1 user thanked CinnamonSugar2 for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/7/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 1:22:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Had the problem some years ago people jumping in where your decoing, you can use a trigger with a port to on it, just place it in the Default landing, as you have Prop edit open you will not port, if you move into the area, if a friend want to jump in tell them to jump to your avi, if they are not your friend and trying to jump in they would have to search you to jump to your avi.

Of course there is an inherent problem with this, if you do not remove the trigger as in selecting it in state tab, when you jump back into the property you will port as well, not having prop edit open, but you could set a landmark outside of the area and use that to get back in.

We did take this one step further, with my ex deco partner being stalked buy someone, so we set up a trigger in different locations in different properties, I think we did about 10, and the final one ended back in the original place, its not hard to do you just have to make the start points named to where the triggers are in each property,, the only way out of the endless loop for them is to use the big red X, of course after some time they did get the hint, she did when they gave up bait them saying come for a fuck and stand in one of the triggers with prop edit open. Obviously the first trigger needs to be set at the default landing of the property they are jumping to.

I did try the effect to see what it was like, and yea if some one did not know they would think their PC is going Mental Smile

I think Coug is correct, even if you make the trigger after they are there, and lower it onto them it will port them, not tried it but makes sense that it works when lowered onto them rather than the sideways action. (not that there is anything wrong with sideways action)

And yea Black Rieder is correct, others used to see the changes made as they happened, in some cases with props occasionally they can, but probably not with triggers and lighting changes any more, in some cases you have to jump to another property not just F5 or press Go again in the URL bar for a total reload, really annoying when trying to teach some one deco, perhaps this could be bought forward by the UA ambys, before they undertake any practical Deco lessons, or they will need to resort to screen share to show what they do.
PS Coug,, You got to love a Bitch with devious talents lol Smile
3 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/6/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/6/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/7/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 8:27:03 AM(UTC)

ok, mi traductor se había ido a tomar café Grin !!!

Pero dejenme decir, que con el, move to VWWurl , también podías cruzar desde utherverse a QA, PS.. (y cualquier otra franquicia).

Personalmente yo el, move to Point, lo uso también para, cuando el usuario quiere limpiar lag, o cuando aterrizaban avatares que no se movían dela entrada. (el prop tenia el segundo script con move to box)

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
MrStevenNorth
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 10:56:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It would be nice to have also (anyone with boot rights) to not only be able boot someone out of layout to a designated
place like Vancouver, but would be nice within the same layout?

That would be fun for clubs who often play these silly prison or jail clubs...(are we having fun yet?...I guess jail is fun for some...smh)
that play these probation games (pay bail to club)...lol. I would like that ability as a warning too. Send them to a holding cell or brig.
They are released, and if they still cause drama, then its off to Vancouver completely out of the layout and blocked for good. The triggers
mentioned above capable of this?
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

1 user thanked MrStevenNorth for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/7/2020(UTC)
CinnamonSugar2
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2020 12:09:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
guess im going to have to find a willing victim and try some stuff out to see if i can get the end result im looking for lol
2 users thanked CinnamonSugar2 for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/7/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/7/2020(UTC)
Cougar
#15 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2020 2:02:54 AM(UTC)

Cinnamon,

I left the door in the club, I think it still there, just invisibleSmile I used a door because with my club there are no other doors, I could just grab the door and move it to the victim...errr offender.

I have never tried to make something like that after there was a victim in the vicinity, but good luck!

~Coug
Don't shop, just adopt. Support your local animal rescue, if you can't adopt, foster, if you can't foster, sponsor, if you can't sponsor, volunteer, if you can't volunteer, donate, if you can't donate educate! Give old blankets and towels! And PLEASE, ALWAYS spay or neuter your pet!!

1 user thanked Cougar for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/7/2020(UTC)