Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Flash Script how to enter new source?
Silesa
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 5:41:28 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Viegoth;1650828 wrote:
Just a point of interest...

Flash and Chromium really don't have anything to do with one another.

The script "Attach Flash Control" still uses Internet Explorer.

Chromium, as it is now, doesn't do Flash.

FieldHick_USMC;1648272 wrote:
UV has a flash handler that interfaces with the Chromium backend. So while updates to Flash will not happen unless it's done by third parties, the handler should still operate.

With the sincerest humbleness possible Viegoth i hope you will consider this.

"Chromium, as it is now, doesn't do Flash"

Very true that is but, neither does Internet Explorer on it's own.

In the past after a RLC client software/computer reload the Adobe flash player had to be loaded in order for Flash/Internet Explorer in RLC to work properly.

If FieldHick's post is incorrect i would very much appreciate exactly how now it is possible we do not have to load Adobe Flash player to have Flash work properly in RLC.

Is it not true in the past flash player software had to be loaded so that it worked in IE/RLC?

https://helpx.adobe.com/...ash-player-windows.html

Since the Chromium patch and what FieldHick is stating (a 3rd party flash handler has been added) loading of the Flash player no longer seems neccesary.

@ Debbie_Tan for post #19 TYSM i thought it would be nearly impossible to find someone who could have the example you shared. That would really support my theory/guess that the 3rd party flash handler is slightly different on how it handles Flash.

i do hope Viegoth responds his technical knowledge here is deservingly highly regarded. i for sure do not want to say he is wrong as i might not be aware of somethig he is aware of, but equally, he might not be aware of somethings also.

Peace
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/30/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 8/30/2020(UTC)
Stonedwookie
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 6:26:42 AM(UTC)

ahh yes i vaguely remember having to have to install flash player seperately in the past when i used to play in 2013 not so sure about now though no idea of the technical side though
2 users thanked Stonedwookie for this useful post.
Silesa on 8/30/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/30/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:26:37 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Stonedwookie;1650836 wrote:
ahh yes i vaguely remember having to have to install flash player seperately in the past when i used to play in 2013 not so sure about now though no idea of the technical side though

Yes, you need to update your Windows Internet Explorer with the latest version of Flashplayer.
2 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Silesa on 8/30/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/30/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:46:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
A_Seddy;1650842 wrote:

Yes, you need to update your Windows Internet Explorer with the latest version of Flashplayer.

"You do not have Flash player installed."
https://www.codegeek.net...flash-player-test-page/

No flash player installed/IE updated with flash on my computer yet flash is working swimmingly in RLC

There is 3rd party software in RLC handling it that will most likely do fine past Flash EOL 12/31/2020

4 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 8/30/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 8/30/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/30/2020(UTC), Pytch on 8/31/2020(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 4:31:14 PM(UTC)

Silesa;1650847 wrote:
A_Seddy;1650842 wrote:

No flash player installed/IE updated with flash on my computer yet flash is working swimmingly in RLC

There is 3rd party software in RLC handling it that will most likely do fine past Flash EOL 12/31/2020

Flash IE updates ended with Windows 10 where it became "baked in"
to the Windows Update Process.
1 user thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Stonedwookie on 8/31/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 5:24:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Hot_Liquor;1650873 wrote:
Silesa;1650847 wrote:
A_Seddy;1650842 wrote:

Flash IE updates ended with Windows 10 where it became "baked in"
to the Windows Update Process.

Actually it is Edge not Internet Explore that has Flash baked in. Edge in turn is built on Chrome with Flash built in. But Chromium does not have Flash at all. Running Chromium browser does not access flash simply because it is "baked in" into windows 10. It is in Edge not windows 10 itself.

Microsoft released on Wednesday its new Edge web browser that lets users install extensions from the Google Chrome web store. In some important ways, the new Edge is just Google Chrome dressed in Microsoft clothing — it's based on the same open-source technology that Chrome is built on, Chromium.

1 user thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/31/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:53:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Adobe is walking away from Flash beginning 2021. If Utherverse continues to use Flash in-world after the end of this year it would be incredibly ignorant. Doing so will make those with bad intentions very happy though.
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/31/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#28 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:35:17 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cassey;1650904 wrote:
Adobe is walking away from Flash beginning 2021. If Utherverse continues to use Flash in-world after the end of this year it would be incredibly ignorant. Doing so will make those with bad intentions very happy though.

Anything is possible, however motivation to do malicious in a virtual world with flash?

Not seeing a whole lot of those happy ones putting a lot of effort into that to try to capitalize on vulnerabilities.

Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/1/2020(UTC)
Prncs_ROS_CNV
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2020 8:54:58 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Viegoth;1650828 wrote:

I was told as of Dec 2020 we would longer be able to use the flash seeing shockwave will not be allowed here or any other games
Viegoth
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2020 12:22:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
RAYOFSUNSHINE_BB;1651011 wrote:
Viegoth;1650828 wrote:

I was told as of Dec 2020 we would longer be able to use the flash seeing shockwave will not be allowed here or any other games

Not sure who told you that, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't an "official" statement from Utherverse.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/1/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/1/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/2/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/2/2020(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2020 6:32:12 PM(UTC)

Flash is being pulled so that it can be renamed Dash and sold back to everyone under a new name. This is no different than when Mannon realized he had no more customers because everyone had already bought from him. It's one big Monopoly and they're all in on it. Microsoft, Chrome, Firefox, Adobe. One big scam were all buying, hook, line and sinker.
1 user thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Stonedwookie on 9/2/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 5:22:29 AM(UTC)

Medals:
RollEyes Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In 2016, Adobe announced it was ending support for the outdated, unstable program most frequently used to create and run animations — a decision that was, according to many, long overdue. Flash will be shut down completely at the end of 2020, and most won't even realize it's gone.

My opinion is that Flash has served the RLC community well. The ability to do custom deco items using Flash is common throughout RLC. Especially on being able to 3d animate prop textures. Very glad UV has made the effort to continue flash through 3rd party software.

Peace

Viegoth
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 12:39:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Silesa;1651083 wrote:

In 2016, Adobe announced it was ending support for the outdated, unstable program most frequently used to create and run animations — a decision that was, according to many, long overdue. Flash will be shut down completely at the end of 2020, and most won't even realize it's gone.

My opinion is that Flash has served the RLC community well. The ability to do custom deco items using Flash is common throughout RLC. Especially on being able to 3d animate prop textures. Very glad UV has made the effort to continue flash through 3rd party software.

Peace

It's not being continued any differently than it has been in the past. It still uses the Adobe Flash plugin in Internet Explorer. I guess technically both Adobe and Microsoft are "3rd parties". But nothing has changed. And I don't see it changing any time in the near future.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
Silesa
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 2:35:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Viegoth;1651123 wrote:
Silesa;1651083 wrote:

Peace

It's not being continued any differently than it has been in the past. It still uses the Adobe Flash plugin in Internet Explorer. I guess technically both Adobe and Microsoft are "3rd parties". But nothing has changed. And I don't see it changing any time in the near future.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Utherverse Digital Inc\Utherverse VWW Client\chrome_elf.dll

..... libGLESv2.dll libEGL.dll libGLESv2.dll

So the Chromium patch still uses internet explorer?

Brian does mention they will be compiling/building their own version of Chromium to be included with the client software @ the townhall

Hot_Liquor
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 3:03:10 PM(UTC)

At the end of the day It's all 1's and 0's on a hard disk. If this is done in the form of a flash plug in for each browser or built in to the HTML5 web page programming language who cares? Here's the problem. None of the browsers could agree on a universal video format. MP4 is the peoples choice but Webm is completely open source and someone else thinks there's should be the standard. Now to top things off Microsoft has disavowed WWC or World Web Consortium as the final authority claiming HTML5 should be fluid and ever evolving while WWC believes 1 final draft of rules should be set in place for HTM5 and the book closed so Microsoft has created its own authoritative consortium based on ever evolving rules. Simply put, It's one big fracking mess.

Wink
MrStevenNorth
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 11:18:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Any substitute for flash we can use presently and in the future? If you can, answer in layman language p[lease?

Steven
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

Viegoth
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 2:26:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Silesa;1651137 wrote:
Viegoth;1651123 wrote:
Silesa;1651083 wrote:

Peace

C:\Program Files (x86)\Utherverse Digital Inc\Utherverse VWW Client\chrome_elf.dll

Brian does mention they will be compiling/building their own version of Chromium to be included with the client software @ the townhall

Chromium and Internet Explorer are two completely different things. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Chromium handles web pages in RLC. Internet Explorer handles Flash.

That's it.

If you use the 'Attach Web Browser' script, it uses Chromium.

If you use the 'Attach Flash Control' script, it uses IE.

This is not going to change any time soon, because there is no suitable replacement for Flash at this time and too much of RLC depends on the capabilities of Flash.

Oh, and for those who might argue that you don't use Internet Explorer, or don't have Internet Explorer on your computer... if you have a Microsoft Windows operating system, you have Internet Explorer. It's packaged as an core part of the system, whether you use it or not. RLC taps into this (as do many other programs) when it needs to access Internet Explorer.

Profile Message

-
4 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 9/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/3/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/3/2020(UTC), VJ_SusieSunshine on 9/3/2020(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 4:12:00 AM(UTC)

Thanks Viegoth for the above post. UV has always relied on Internet Explorer for it's use. I have seen many people claim that they use this browser or that browser flavour, some even exclaimed that Internet Explorer no longer exists in Windows 10. According to what I read MS turned round and explained it like this, IE should no longer be looked at as a main stay web browser, it's out to pasture as such. But what it is there for is to retain backwards compatibility with older processes we still need and use.

Perhaps it may be this last lifeline that may keep Flash programs working in UV. We were always advised to update Flash in IE for UV, not in the everyday browsers we used except to keep those too up to date. Who knows, but remember this it may not be in your face these days folks but it's still relied on for everyday use. Don't underestimate IE yet. It's saved me many a time with the PB fiasco by filtering images through it. Sites I cannot use or online form filling that just didn't work properly. a quick opening of IE and all was sorted.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
1 user thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/3/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 6:03:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Viegoth;1651214 wrote:
Silesa;1651137 wrote:
Viegoth;1651123 wrote:
Silesa;1651083 wrote:

Peace

Chromium and Internet Explorer are two completely different things. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Chromium handles web pages in RLC. Internet Explorer handles Flash.

That's it.

If you use the 'Attach Web Browser' script, it uses Chromium.

If you use the 'Attach Flash Control' script, it uses IE.

This is not going to change any time soon, because there is no suitable replacement for Flash at this time and too much of RLC depends on the capabilities of Flash.

Oh, and for those who might argue that you don't use Internet Explorer, or don't have Internet Explorer on your computer... if you have a Microsoft Windows operating system, you have Internet Explorer. It's packaged as an core part of the system, whether you use it or not. RLC taps into this (as do many other programs) when it needs to access Internet Explorer.

FieldHick_USMC;1648272 wrote:
UV has a flash handler that interfaces with the Chromium backend. So while updates to Flash will not happen unless it's done by third parties, the handler should still operate.

One of you or both of you are right. Or maybe neither of you, what we do not have is something solid, concise and clear on the Flash issue from a Offical staff post.
Cursing

IMO what is most important is will Flash still work in RLC post Flash End Of Life 12/31/2020?

Also based on post #19, if factual it appears that something did change on how flash is handled when the Chromium patch went into effect.

Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/4/2020(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 7:29:40 PM(UTC)

MrStevenNorth;1651205 wrote:
Any substitute for flash we can use presently and in the future? If you can, answer in layman language p[lease?

Steven

Adobe is to the internet like AT&T is to phone service. They create nothing only massive amounts of money gobbling up any and all competition, buying their products, rights and patents. With Adobe it is not so much they can make a 3d cube spin in the center of your screen but they have tools that allows you the developer to simply grab a corner, make it spin one time, tell it to repeat. Bada bing easy. It does all the computer language for you, you just seemingly play with a little building block spinner toy. So until that 3d type windows point, click and drag is created for HTML5 the short answer is.

As soon as a format becomes universal and someone builds it (The animation Building Toy) for HTML5, Adobe will buy it and present it to the market as their own.

Wink
2 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
VJ_SusieSunshine on 9/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/4/2020(UTC)