Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Misc. Shop Arch problem
Empr_Rios_Vkstr
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 1:27:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Greetings all,

I have a property in which I used the Misc. Shop Arch extensively. I was able to cover it with my own jpg and Flash setting , exact fit. It worked well up till when photobucket started charging and putting their watermark on everything. To address this I reloaded the jpg on Imgur. Since then the prop turns completely black. Is there a flaw in the prop or just a new way to cover it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...
A_Seddy
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 1:53:25 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I believe you are just using the wrong link from Imgur. They provide you a weblink, which is not a direct link to the picture/texture. To get this you need to right click on it and select "Copy Picture Address" and use that link in Prop Editor.
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 8/23/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 8/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/24/2020(UTC)
Xo_Mj_oX
#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 4:30:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Like Seddy says, out of the 6 links imgur provides you want to be using the direct link.
2 users thanked Xo_Mj_oX for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/24/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 8/24/2020(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#4 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 7:47:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Plus Flash has stopped working on some of my props altogether. They all turned black in the begining I reloaded the script and they restored now if they go black I have to just use cache web image. the image loads not as crisp as with flash but it will pass. I figure it's just our 10 minute warning of what will happen in December.
2 users thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/24/2020(UTC), Empr_Rios_Vkstr on 8/24/2020(UTC)
Empr_Rios_Vkstr
#5 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 9:32:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Greetings all,

Yes i did confirm i have been using the direct link for my imgur pics. I have used several pics from imgur and they all seem to post normally to all of my other props. It seems to be only the misc. Arch that doesn't work. With photobucket flash works fine and prop looks normal but with photobucket watermark. When using same set up with imgur however it turns completely black. If i try to not use flash and convert to cashe nothing happens. Arch remains the orig green color. Anything else you could suggest?
ASultryWmn
#6 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 10:12:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ohhhhhhhh the stupid photobucket water mark. It is my understanding that you will have to make a fresh copy of that watermarked image. download the image then upload to another hosting site and water mark should be gone. Good luck.
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 8/25/2020(UTC)