Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to find out who was the deco of a layout
Sherri_Sapphire
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:33:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have a country house layout that i have had since 2018. I went there today and its black and white checker boards everywhere. How can I find out who the deco was to see if there is a fix for it. I went to my properties and the layout does not have the decos name just the title of the layout. I also tried to reapply the layout and that did not fix it either.
1 user thanked Sherri_Sapphire for this useful post.
Silesa on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:28:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sherri_Sapphire;1648176 wrote:
I have a country house layout that i have had since 2018. I went there today and its black and white checker boards everywhere. How can I find out who the deco was to see if there is a fix for it. I went to my properties and the layout does not have the decos name just the title of the layout. I also tried to reapply the layout and that did not fix it either.

Does it have either photobucket or tiny pics water marks,if that is the case there is nothing the decorator do about it,you may have to do a restore of the whole yourself or get someone to do it for you.
2 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Silesa on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Sherri_Sapphire
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:58:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
that was not what I asked but thank you.
rolichan
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:34:05 PM(UTC)

try doing a search in the directory for the layout title... i've found a couple that way. or, if the textures are hosted by photobucket, the name of the account should show up when you go straight to the image... some people have the same photobucket account name as their rlc name. of course, that assumes that at least one texture is still being hosted at photobucket, so that prolly won't work on the props with the black and white checkerboard for textures...

what's the title of the layout? post it in here, maybe someone else has it and knows who made it.

3 users thanked rolichan for this useful post.
Silesa on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Sherri_Sapphire
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:40:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The name of the layout its country house day i received it in 2018.
2 users thanked Sherri_Sapphire for this useful post.
Silesa on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:48:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Hello,

The Country Home Day layout was given away in the 2018 Spring Swagbag giveaway. It is built on a Basic Zaby Layout 2 V2. I got the layout but never even checked it out. I just went there for the first time and I see the same checkerboard patterns all around as is shown below:

I wasn't able to find the designer but when I went to some of the props to see the urls for the links for the textures, this was the main url for the props:

"https://dreamworldgrid.com/lychee/uploads/big/b32714c20b3b93f0cd570fc7173ba57e.jpg"

I tried putting a few of the links into a couple browsers to see if the image would show but all I got each time was a message that the domain is inactive.
The url that each image goes to is "https://dreamworldgrid.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi" See image below:

It looks like the person has had their account suspended and all links have been broken.

Maybe someone can use this information to get the name of the decorator for you.

Good luck with your search!

Best,

Anhton

Sherri_Sapphire;1648184 wrote:
The name of the layout its country house day i received it in 2018.

Edit: The layout I'm referring to is called Country Home Day NOT Country House Day. I just wanted to be specific. There could be two different versions.
5 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 7/27/2020(UTC), Silesa on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC), Stonedwookie on 7/27/2020(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#7 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:16:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
How's that saying go?

Hindsight is 20 20

If only deco images were done the way clothing images are in RLC.

Any hoots if the Layout was in the swagbag at least people didn't lose their rays on it, but it may have not always been free.

Was it is in the swagbag? Think it is safe to have someone redo the images at it and distribute the layout to people who want to restore theirs if that is true. But be best to get UV's opinion/permission on something like that.

Plus if you contact customer support and give them the info from Your Saved Layouts
Layout Title Date/Time Created

Maybe that table data can be linked to who sent the layout. Definatly IMO a query search of the layout title could find the member id of who created it.

Peace
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/27/2020(UTC)
Sweetpea
#8 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:58:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It could be Elegant Designs. I know Matt_Eusword used Dreamworldgrid and he hasn't been in world since last year. I was told he passed away.

I dont know if he ever donated to the swag, so it may not be one of his designs.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
4 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 7/27/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/27/2020(UTC), Silesa on 7/28/2020(UTC)
Erin_Matt_BDWF
#9 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:49:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Mine' the same way. I got this layout when it came out. After awhile, I replaced it with another layout, but kept that one. After reading this post, I went back to it and discovered mine the same way. I did make a few changes to it to make it more my own, and those changes were all still there, but the rest is all checkered up. So sad. I lost a honeymoon suite zaby the same way one time, and since then, if I see something I like and want to save it, I download the images and upload them to my imagur account. Then, if it ever goes, I can go in and replace them. Unfortunately, since I stopped using this layout before I started that, I never did it with this one.
1 user thanked Erin_Matt_BDWF for this useful post.
Cougar on 7/31/2020(UTC)
CCD_Rum
#10 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:31:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The two links in the entrance lead to Elegant Design Profile which is Matt's.
So the layout can be discarded since the servers are no longer hosting the images.
6 users thanked CCD_Rum for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 7/27/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 7/27/2020(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/28/2020(UTC), Kacey_SWD on 7/29/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/31/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#11 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 5:48:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Elegant Designs Showroom

Outside

Inside

That's enough to make anyone sick, poor Matt Sad
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
3 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/28/2020(UTC), Silesa on 7/28/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 7/29/2020(UTC)
MrStevenNorth
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:54:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
NefariousNeeds_R;1648179 wrote:

Does it have either photobucket or tiny pics water marks,if that is the case there is nothing the decorator do about it,you may have to do a restore of the whole yourself or get someone to do it for you.

Yes, poor Matt. His beautiful work gone.

It is difficult to identify a decorators work often. Known decorators have a certain quirk patterns or their rationale how they build. Lighting, details, over detailed, austere detail, textures if they are intact. Some builders build straight and true, others very sloppy upon closer inspection. Lots of things.

But I disagree there is nothing a decorator can do about a layout trashed by a texture server that goes belly up. In our case, we spent many days (months) restoring old layouts from the photobucket mess. We convert textures to a different server and reapply and save. It takes time and is a drain of effort better spent on new projects, but we feel necessary to support of clients who have purchased from us. In most cases, we can just send a new version of the same layout. If a business is of good will, they will offer support and help maintain a loyal customer base. However in RLC, the loyalty angle seems rather a joke related to anything here. But we try and are still here. Wish more people would purchase layouts.

Steven & Heaven North Designs.
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)