Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to make rose fountain work?
Stonedwookie
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 11:16:37 PM(UTC)

is there any animated texture for this prop ? how do we make water run through it?
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 12:19:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Stonedwookie;1648055 wrote:
is there any animated texture for this prop ? how do we make water run through it?

There's no animation for it that I know of, you have to improvise.

To put a water texture in the bottom part.. I use the prop map to put a water texture in the bottom section but then..I clone the fountain and make the clone flat. I then add another water texture that I've lowered the opacity in and slide that into the bottom part of the fountain, raising it up to the top edge. For example..on the map portion, I'd use a water texture that's a pretty blue color with the "water crinkles" but then for the texture on the clone..maybe I'd use a lighter blue and lower the opacity.

You can also just skip mapping it and make a clone. Make the clone flat, add the Animated Water texture and lower it into the bottom of the first fountain.

To make it into an actual fountain..

Black Chandelier prop, rotate it 180 (X axis). Add one of the animated water scripts (whichever one looks better for the project you're working on), make sure to check texture translucent under State tab. Lower it into the fountain (from the top) and resize the chandelier to an appropriate size.

One of the water animations (can't remember the name of it) will actually make it appear as if water is shooting out of the chandelier, like an actual fountain. Play with the different water animations and you'll see...

I hope I didn't leave anything out, I'm telling you from memory and I haven't made one of these in a long time, lol.

Good luck and if you see me in world and need help, lemme know.

Edited to add: If you want water running over the sides, just use a waterfall, resize it, hang it over the sides and use a water animation.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

5 users thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
Stonedwookie on 7/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 7/25/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/25/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 10/12/2020(UTC)
Stonedwookie
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:24:15 AM(UTC)

BB_Licious;1648058 wrote:
Stonedwookie;1648055 wrote:

There's no animation for it that I know of, you have to improvise.

To put a water texture in the bottom part.. I use the prop map to put a water texture in the bottom section but then..I clone the fountain and make the clone flat. I then add another water texture that I've lowered the opacity in and slide that into the bottom part of the fountain, raising it up to the top edge. For example..on the map portion, I'd use a water texture that's a pretty blue color with the "water crinkles" but then for the texture on the clone..maybe I'd use a lighter blue and lower the opacity.

You can also just skip mapping it and make a clone. Make the clone flat, add the Animated Water texture and lower it into the bottom of the first fountain.

To make it into an actual fountain..

Black Chandelier prop, rotate it 180 (X axis). Add one of the animated water scripts (whichever one looks better for the project you're working on), make sure to check texture translucent under State tab. Lower it into the fountain (from the top) and resize the chandelier to an appropriate size.

One of the water animations (can't remember the name of it) will actually make it appear as if water is shooting out of the chandelier, like an actual fountain. Play with the different water animations and you'll see...

I hope I didn't leave anything out, I'm telling you from memory and I haven't made one of these in a long time, lol.

Good luck and if you see me in world and need help, lemme know.

Edited to add: If you want water running over the sides, just use a waterfall, resize it, hang it over the sides and use a water animation.

Thank you i will give it ago later and see if i can get working Smile
4 users thanked Stonedwookie for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 7/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/25/2020(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/25/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 10/12/2020(UTC)
Stonedwookie
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 7:34:31 AM(UTC)

Gucci Snake Fountain
4 users thanked Stonedwookie for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/25/2020(UTC), Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 7/25/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/25/2020(UTC), Goddess_Roxie_KB on 10/12/2020(UTC)