Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Resort Cabin
Nefarious_Needs
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 6:29:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hey Mr.Unicorn, How can the Resort Cabin be used without a UV Business License?

I am thinking the Insufficient Role stands out here , that is of course if that role does not apply being that the property is being given away.

3 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 7/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/1/2020(UTC), RANDY_1970 on 7/3/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:01:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'll probably end up on a list over this, but here goes.

It's great that they give away nice property templates in the swagbags, but from a business stand point, some of them haven't been and are not practical.

Resort Cabin, this one for instance is a business template like the Large Property 13 was. Unless I'm missing something it takes 700 Rays a year for UV Business, just to be able to rent it.

Then two months from now when a new member that wasn't here for this swagbag sees a layout they like built on this template, and wants to purchase it. The rent on this one alone which is 74.95 a month, or 618.74 a year will scare 99% of them off. If that didn't do it, then having to be UV Business @ 700 a year should do it. The best deal on this on would be 1318.74 Rays a year. That's $ 92.32 per year green back American money.

Resort Cabin is a tiny property template to begin with, but something nice could be built on it.

I guess what I'm getting at is if your going to make a template like this a freebie in the swagbag at least remove it from the Business Section, and adjust the rent to something more appealing to new members down the road.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being ungrateful, just offering an idea that makes better business sense, to me anyway.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
6 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 7/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/1/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/2/2020(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 7/2/2020(UTC), x_xKirax_x on 7/3/2020(UTC), BettyBlue on 7/3/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:22:31 PM(UTC)

Well the great hall that came out in the last swagbag is also a business property but now everyone has it for free if they took it out of that swag of course.
2 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 7/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/2/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:36:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL;1645972 wrote:
Well the great hall that came out in the last swagbag is also a business property but now everyone has it for free if they took it out of that swag of course.

Anyone new after that swagbag can't get it for free, they have to be UV Business, and pay monstrous rent. So, if you build a layout on it your stuck with marketing it to the ones that got one from that swagbag, and not everyone knows of the swagbags.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

5 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 7/1/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/2/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/2/2020(UTC), BettyBlue on 7/3/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 7/3/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 3:30:56 PM(UTC)

You must understand that these gifts are for regular and resident users, who log in the world every day, or at least every week.

If there were gifts, and you did not get to take them, it should not be a drama for the user, in future gift bags you can take them, as already happened with ..
  • Rude Zaby Luxury
  • Loft Bedroom
  • Large Property 13
  • The Winter Workshop

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
Nefarious_Needs
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 4:21:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Cala_ULIKHYI;1646038 wrote:
You must understand that these gifts are for regular and resident users, who log in the world every day, or at least every week.

If there were gifts, and you did not get to take them, it should not be a drama for the user, in future gift bags you can take them, as already happened with ..
  • Rude Zaby Luxury
  • Loft Bedroom
  • Large Property 13
  • The Winter Workshop

That is so incorrect, the gifts that is put in the swag bag is for anyone who made an account, you could have been away for years and came back viped and the swag bag would be open to you.

You can even be green and basic and still get a few things out of the swag bag not as much as someone VIP would but it's the same.

The gifts in swag bag are not just for regular members they are anyone who made an account and no you don't have to log inworld every day or once a week to have access to it, you can go on the forum get the link to the swag bag and log in there

I think you are missing the point of what Debbie is saying, try rereading what was posted for a better understanding of it.

Rude Zaby Luxury
Loft Bedroom
Large Property 13
The Winter Workshop

All of these properties long time members may have granted, the point Debbie is making is new members who don't have them we have to pay the high rent that is on some of them if they want a layout that's made for anyone of them.
4 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 7/2/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/2/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 7/16/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 8/3/2020(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#7 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 7:44:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:

You are getting the resort cabin for free in this swag bag, no rent, no biz license needed.

UV doesn't have to give us anything. I for one, am quite thankful for all UV donates, as well as, members who donate their talent, creations, and designs.

To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
7 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Toya_TnT on 7/3/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 7/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/4/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 7/4/2020(UTC), CandyBlueRose on 7/4/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/5/2020(UTC), Mr_NYDon on 7/5/2020(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#8 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 8:32:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
SaphyreRose;1646091 wrote:

You are getting the resort cabin for free in this swag bag, no rent, no biz license needed.

UV doesn't have to give us anything. I for one, am quite thankful for all UV donates, as well as, members who donate their talent, creations, and designs.

Thank you, but I was asking a question, you always try to make it seem as if someone is challenging something when I was not and no I was not posting to get into conflict with you or anyone else and your not saying anything to me that I don't already know.

Members who donate their talent , creation, and designs Really.
3 users thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 7/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/4/2020(UTC), BettyBlue on 7/5/2020(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#9 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 9:22:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
NefariousNeeds_R;1646095 wrote:

Thank you, but I was asking a question, you always try to make it seem as if someone is challenging something when I was not and no I was not posting to get into conflict with you or anyone else and your not saying anything to me that I don't already know.

You asked this

How can the Resort Cabin be used without a UV Business License?

The answer to that is - you are getting the resort cabin for free in this swag bag. That is how the resort cabin can be used without a Business License; otherwise you need a Biz License. In Swag Bag, UV will donate a template which is normally a property that is only available to Biz Licensees or one that is high rent.

To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
1 user thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 7/4/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#10 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 9:42:26 AM(UTC)

Medals:
SaphyreRose;1646105 wrote:

You asked this

The answer to that is - you are getting the resort cabin for free in this swag bag. That is how the resort cabin can be used without a Business License; otherwise you need a Biz License. In Swag Bag, UV will donate a template which is normally a property that is only available to Biz Licensees or one that is high rent.

That's the point, after the swagbag you can't get it without a UV Business License, and then on it's own the rent is way to high.

The suggestion is:

Templates that are in the UV Business Section that are given away in swagbags should be removed from that section and placed in another section with a more reasonable rent. That would make it more lucrative for new members that weren't here for that particular swagbag to buy layouts that were made for that Template.

I run across this issue all the time. Newer people or people that missed a certain swagbag wanting to buy a layout built on one of the UV Business Templates. For the most part they won't do it, the cost is to high.

I think it would be more profitable for the Deco people and Utherverse to level the playing field on these Templates and make them more available after they've been in swagbags.

New people might be more apt to stay if they have better and more affordable access to items their attracted to.

5 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 7/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/4/2020(UTC), BettyBlue on 7/5/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 7/16/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 8/3/2020(UTC)
Sweetpea
#11 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 10:54:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Debbie_Tan;1646110 wrote:
SaphyreRose;1646105 wrote:

You asked this

That's the point, after the swagbag you can't get it without a UV Business License, and then on it's own the rent is way to high.

The suggestion is:

Templates that are in the UV Business Section that are given away in swagbags should be removed from that section and placed in another section with a more reasonable rent. That would make it more lucrative for new members that weren't here for that particular swagbag to buy layouts that were made for that Template.

I run across this issue all the time. Newer people or people that missed a certain swagbag wanting to buy a layout built on one of the UV Business Templates. For the most part they won't do it, the cost is to high.

I think it would be more profitable for the Deco people and Utherverse to level the playing field on these Templates and make them more available after they've been in swagbags.

New people might be more apt to stay if they have better and more affordable access to items their attracted to.

So basically what you are saying is that RLC should only give away properties that are available to the general public and low rent, because if they start taking away the business properties, those with business licenses are now losing one of their perks.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
Pierrot13
#12 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 11:32:07 AM(UTC)

Debbie_Tan;1646110 wrote:
[quote=SaphyreRose;1646105][quote=NefariousNeeds_R;1646095][quote=SaphyreRose;1646091]

The suggestion is:

So taking your suggestion it would translate into:

Never give something away to reward loyalty or even just being there at the right time, because we have to make it easy on everyone in the future to get whatever they might want to get.
There are thousands of layouts for sale on properties with little to NO rent but we have to cater to the one person who might possibly come along and buy a layout on a property which was a thank you to the people who pay their Vips every month.

We should not create layouts for people who got that property as well and might be perfectly willing to purchase a nice layout to go on it.

Reducing the catalogue everytime a property is given away might be a temporary fix, there are only a few properties in there - and then?
How would that make people feel who pay their business license?

Never mind the fact that we have to be able to profit off a gift!

While I understand the desire to make things available to everyone I also understand the desire to work up to something one really would like to have. I bet there are people out here who would pay for all the licenses and property rents if the layout would be so desirable that not having it would be more "painful" than buying it with all the added fees.

Last but not least I remember a property given out twice because the demand was so great.

Maybe we can accept gifts graciously without demanding changes to them before they are even given.

6 users thanked Pierrot13 for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 7/3/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/4/2020(UTC), LongHorn3 on 7/4/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/4/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/4/2020(UTC), CandyBlueRose on 7/4/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 1:04:07 PM(UTC)

NefariousNeeds_R;1646041 wrote:

That is so incorrect, the gifts that is put in the swag bag is for anyone who made an account, you could have been away for years and came back viped and the swag bag would be open to you.

You can even be green and basic and still get a few things out of the swag bag not as much as someone VIP would but it's the same.

The gifts in swag bag are not just for regular members they are anyone who made an account and no you don't have to log inworld every day or once a week to have access to it, you can go on the forum get the link to the swag bag and log in there

I think you are missing the point of what Debbie is saying, try rereading what was posted for a better understanding of it.

Rude Zaby Luxury
Loft Bedroom
Large Property 13
The Winter Workshop

All of these properties long time members may have granted, the point Debbie is making is new members who don't have them we have to pay the high rent that is on some of them if they want a layout that's made for anyone of them.

I fully understood debbie's proposal.

But I also understand UV's reserved right to do business.

What I wanted to say is that the gift bag is like an Easter egg .. if you. Is active in RLC (any variant, within the world, on the web, in the forum ... etc) you will see the announcement of an open gift bag, and you can go to claim any prize, regardless of your user rank (I never said It was exclusive to VIPs, that happened the 1st bag, and there were considerable complaints and the range spectrum was removed).

Obviously, if you do not visit anything related to UTHERVERSE.INC on those days, you will not be aware that the bag is open, and therefore the Easter egg escaped from your hands.

The issue of being a new user and wanting to own the properties of past bags.

1º If you are really a new user, you are completely unaware of what was given and what was not.

2º The fact that users give away layotus for the properties does not imply or oblige UTHERVERSE.INC to give the property away ...
If the user really wants that layout, they have the option of leasing the property, to a future gift bag where the desired property will be given away again.

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
4 users thanked Cala_ULIKHYI for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 7/4/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/4/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/5/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/5/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 7:31:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I want to be clear on this, my idea was only a suggestion that I felt was a small change that might better the community, not a demand. After looking at the Business Instance section I see my idea / suggestion might not be to much of a stretch after all. It appears some of the Templates in the Business Instance section no longer requires a Business License.

Great Hall & Mile High

Loft Bedroom

Vegas Resort

Someone mentioned that these Templates were Perks for members that have a UV Business License. I've had a UV Business License for several years, and this one doesn't appear to be a Perk to me, at 824.99 Rays a Month. This is obviously a mistake, but I couldn't resist. Cheesy

After seeing all this I think I'll just wait and see if they remove the Business Instance requirement on the Resort Cabin like these others.

7 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
BettyBlue on 7/5/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 7/5/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 7/5/2020(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 7/5/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/5/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 7/5/2020(UTC)
Sweetpea
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:13:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Debbie_Tan;1646240 wrote:
I want to be clear on this, my idea was only a suggestion that I felt was a small change that might better the community, not a demand. After looking at the Business Instance section I see my idea / suggestion might not be to much of a stretch after all. It appears some of the Templates in the Business Instance section no longer requires a Business License.

Great Hall & Mile High

Loft Bedroom

Vegas Resort

Someone mentioned that these Templates were Perks for members that have a UV Business License. I've had a UV Business License for several years, and this one doesn't appear to be a Perk to me, at 824.99 Rays a Month. This is obviously a mistake, but I couldn't resist. Cheesy

After seeing all this I think I'll just wait and see if they remove the Business Instance requirement on the Resort Cabin like these others.

I don't think they are removing the business license from those properties. I also have a business license and when I look under my account as Sweetpea I show exactly what you have posted here.

However, I looked at my alt account __MW__ and she does not have a business account and this is what it states under those properties, and that Vegas Resort isn't even listed under my alt account at all.

Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 7/5/2020(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:24:45 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Sweetpea;1646257 wrote:

Great Hall & Mile High

Loft Bedroom

Vegas Resort

I don't think they are removing the business license from those properties. I also have a business license and when I look under my account as Sweetpea I show exactly what you have posted here.

However, I looked at my alt account __MW__ and she does not have a business account and this is what it states under those properties, and that Vegas Resort isn't even listed under my alt account at all.

I didn't think to look with an alternate profile, so this is good to know. I was going to finish the layout I started on the Loft Bedroom, but that won't happen now. I won't be building anything on the other Business Instance Templates either. I've already made that mistake, and it won't happen again.

Xo_Mj_oX
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:37:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Debbie i wouldn't give up on the loft bedroom layout you are building, i am fairly sure that property was given away in 2 separate swag bags so i think a lot of people will have that property type Smile
6 users thanked Xo_Mj_oX for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 7/5/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 7/5/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 7/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/5/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/6/2020(UTC), BettyBlue on 7/6/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 12:57:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Debbie_Tan;1646262 wrote:

I didn't think to look with an alternate profile, so this is good to know. I was going to finish the layout I started on the Loft Bedroom, but that won't happen now. I won't be building anything on the other Business Instance Templates either. I've already made that mistake, and it won't happen again.

If you started working on a layout for the Loft Bedroom, you are absolutely safe. As Angels has correctly stated, they are out there in masses literally (I have several myself, all from swag bags).
4 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 7/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/5/2020(UTC), Cougar on 7/6/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 7/6/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#19 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 6:47:29 AM(UTC)

Debbie_Tan;1646262 wrote:
Sweetpea;1646257 wrote:

Great Hall & Mile High

Loft Bedroom

Vegas Resort

That is right not ALL of the property you can get with your tag shows untill you buy the tag!!! Been like that from day one!!! i know under my alt accounts 75% of the business properties do not show up!!! i know some that have the business tag that are not UVIP and there property list is dif than mine with me being UVIP!!! maybe that is a perk of uvip holders??? staff will have to answer that question. just idea not bitching or saying anyone is right or wrong. it would be nice if you are a uvip member and have the business tag on your main account that it follows over to the other 4 accounts too as a uvip only perk but i know that is NEVER going to happen.

1 user thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/6/2020(UTC)