Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to set a special light scene
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 11:20:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Good evening everyone,

during the last few days I have read a lot to acquire very special deco skills, I have read everything about the topic in the Superzabylist, I have searched the forum in general for the topic and read on there, I have read blog entries of other users, I have talked to other decorators, I have experimented myself and now I give up, I have to ask here, otherwise I won't get anywhere.

All I have to do to complete a new Deco Project is to put the whole place in a different light. And that is exactly where I fail.

To better explain what kind of light scene I want to have, I add below three screen shots taken from the landing point, shot 1 with the viewing direction 90°, shot 2 with the viewing direction 180°, shot 3 with the viewing direction 270°.

A sunset at a place, fictitious in Sweden, in summer time, just before or after midsummer night. The light is intended to enhance the impression of a sunset, which is created by the magnificent sky alone, which I bought from LI. I would like to have it with the light scene in such a way that most of the light, as is logical, comes from the direction of the sun.

The light inside the houses, such as the main house or sauna hut, can also be influenced by this, but that doesn't have to be the case, because I will provide different lighting conditions in the houses themselves with small trigger boxes. My problem is simply the large light scene that generally influences the whole place. The template I use is Large Property 13.

Is there anyone who can help me here with an explicit, clear and step-by-step explanation? I'm grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance for replies, all the best, stay safe and be well,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 4/7/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#2 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 2:51:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Good afternoon!

Have you tried the color and lighting tool by SifuPeter? Below is a quote from one of his posts which includes a link to a small app for choosing colors and lighting positions. It is similar to his stair creation tool. (which is awesome by the way!) You choose the color you'd like to use then the rotation and inclination (from drop boxes) It will then give you the numbers to use for the direction.

I hope this information helps!

Best,

Anhton

Please note that it will ask if you trust the program.

SifuPeter;1278369 wrote:
http://sifupetertools.com/Deco/Color.hta

This little tool calculates the desired light color and direction

Enjoy
11 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 4/6/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 4/6/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/6/2020(UTC), Bl4ck_W1d0w_COMC on 4/7/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/7/2020(UTC), WynonnaE on 6/10/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 6/24/2020(UTC), RICAN_KODG on 6/24/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 6/24/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC), xx_Tianna_xx on 9/4/2020(UTC)
Morganna_Vex
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:25:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I use the Trigger prop and lighting adjustments in that for altering my room lighting. If that helps at all.
1 user thanked Morganna_Vex for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 6/24/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:08:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Trigger box create light area, make it as big as you like in scale, best to give the area a name, in first row use a strong colour like a green , 0, 200,0 make sure all props have unlit unchecked with probably the exception of the sky, as props with unlit checked is the same as setting 255,255,255, so full ambient white light equivalent, when all props are sorted, set really dark like 10 ,10 ,10 in first row, anything missed with shine bright, then move down to second row, directional put a strong colour in and set the direction of the sky light source using the 3 boxes below middle is up and down left right back forward either side. but combinations will produce the angle of light source, ( best to wear something white easier to see ) when happy with direction, use R G B rapid table to get the right colour with the R G B values, when happy take the dark shadows out with ambient settings on top row.

https://www.rapidtables....eb/color/RGB_Color.html

If you want to add a lamp, same sort of thing except you have an intensity value , and need to name the create light script not area to the same name as the previously created light area name (exactly its case sensitive)

The light source from the Create light object from a lamp wil be emanating from it position reference , with a lamp usually the bottom, so placing a lamp on the floor will only light whats under the floor , so you would need to use a lamp above a lamp and the one on the floor would not need a light script.

Put simply with create light script using a lamp, you have to light the lamp with a lamp above it then make the one with the script invisible.

If you want to adjust any props that don''t look natural go to state tab and use the ambient and diffuse setting to adjust how the prop reacts to the light sources respectively, Emissive adds white light .

2 dimensional props like signs brick wall you can use the Z scale, of the prop to adjust the intensity of how it reacts 0.01 being the brightest.

The larger the scale of a prop 3D or 2D the less it will react to light settings.
Hope this helps Smile
9 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 6/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 6/24/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/24/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 6/24/2020(UTC), rolichan on 6/24/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 6/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/25/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 7/24/2020(UTC)
rolichan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:58:58 AM(UTC)

hi diving Smile

paul has a lighting lesson that really helped me a lot - and quickly at that, it's not that long of an exercise - but i can't find it now.

paul? where'd you put that?
4 users thanked rolichan for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 6/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 6/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/25/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:30:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
rolichan;1644885 wrote:
hi diving Smile

paul has a lighting lesson that really helped me a lot - and quickly at that, it's not that long of an exercise - but i can't find it now.

paul? where'd you put that?

Found it Smile
https://forums.uthervers...-class.aspx#post1624019

7 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
rolichan on 6/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 6/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 6/24/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/24/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 6/25/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/25/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:53:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

first of all I would like to thank everyone here for helpful contributions to this topic.

I should have contacted all of you much earlier to say that the topic was finished here a long time ago, more precisely since a little more than two months.

Therefore at this point an additional thank you to Anhton_Novo , who gave me access to the really helpful tool of Sifu_Peter.

After a short time of experimenting I made two versions of the layout back that time. Unfortunately the restrictions around Corona didn't leave me any time to do what I had planned to do, which was to have a nice midsummer night party in this layout, which is dedicated to Sweden.

Because my restictions through Corona look exactly like the restrictions that all health care workers around the world face, restrictions on free time and holidays.

All I can do now with my very limited time is to post screen shots of what it looks like in this layout today.

The early evening light version, seen from the landing point, the viewing direction is the one from which the evening sun shines in the sky

Still the early evening light version, seen from the landing point, but now looking towards the sun, as a hobby photographer I would have to say, it is a classic backlight shot

Now the late evening light version, the location and camera angle are exactly the same as the two screen shots above, compared to the real place, the island of Tjörn on the Swedish west coast, to which this layout is dedicated, I would have to date the upper screen shots to a time around 08.00 pm, the two lower ones around 11:15 pm

As all of you will have noticed, the fronts of buildings are little affected by light. This is because I have installed special trigger boxes inside the house, but also outside the main house under the outside lights and also under the outside light at the sauna hut. With the help of these trigger boxes I wanted to create a more realistic scenery.

This is what it looks like when you come out of the sauna and stand under the outside light of the sauna.

This is what it could have looked like dancing around the classic Swedish maypole in the light of the setting evening sun on the evening of midsummer night.

Too bad, I was really looking forward to invite my friends to a midsummer night party, but what the heck, it just wasn't meant to be. Next year it will be Midsummer Night again, and then we will all have largely survived Corona. May we all see this pandemic as an opportunity to focus our lives on the really important things, our health. Every country, every government, every single person must use this pandemic to learn the right lessons. May all of us who survived it learn the hard lesson well enough.

And now a German nurse, whose avatar is dressed in a Swedish bathing suit and who is standing under the outside light of the bedroom balcony, goes to bed, wishes you all a good night, stay healthy,

divingA

who recommends everyone to think again carefully about corona restictions,
if they are really as bad as it seems at first sight

maybe I should demonstrate against my personal corona restrictions,
maybe all nurses worldwide should demonstrate against personal corona restictions,
think about what that would mean

but now, finally off to bed, tomorrow is a new working day,
another chance to accumulate more overtime,
I must be well rested, so bye bye you all

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 6/24/2020(UTC), rolichan on 6/24/2020(UTC), Xo_Mj_oX on 6/25/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/25/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 6/25/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC)
rolichan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:13:24 PM(UTC)

LOL

i'm so sorry diving! i didn't even notice you asked the question 2 months ago! Blushing

but i'm happy you got it sorted and hope i can come to the midsummer night party next year Wink
2 users thanked rolichan for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 6/25/2020(UTC), caring_D on 6/28/2020(UTC)