Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Collidable to put above Water Surface Collidable Floor for Raised Platform Highchair Sit Script?
Cassey
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:08:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi,

So far the only thing that will work for me not to sit below the seat of the highchair I'm using with a small wall above like I did on floor is another Water Surface, but the raised platform is very small.

I was wondering if there was a smaller collidable in size by default I could use for a floor that would work for that.

Hoping someone can save me some time because I already tried a couple.
The_Black_Rieder
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:46:00 PM(UTC)

Cassey;1632273 wrote:
Hi,

So far the only thing that will work for me not to sit below the seat of the highchair I'm using with a small wall above like I did on floor is another Water Surface, but the raised platform is very small.

I was wondering if there was a smaller collidable in size by default I could use for a floor that would work for that.

Not 100% sure if this is what you want but I would do this;

Get a stool, the one with the blue pad and back and set the sit script on that.
Put that stool inside your stool and take the script OFF yours
Collideable court Floor level with the foot rest of the blue stool (height of which determines where you sit)
Test it then make the blue stool and the horizontal court floor invisible in the State Tab
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
5 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Cassey on 3/31/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 3/31/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 4/1/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/1/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:05:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The_Black_Rieder;1632277 wrote:
Cassey;1632273 wrote:
Hi,

Not 100% sure if this is what you want but I would do this;

Get a stool, the one with the blue pad and back and set the sit script on that.
Put that stool inside your stool and take the script OFF yours
Collideable court Floor level with the foot rest of the blue stool (height of which determines where you sit)
Test it then make the blue stool and the horizontal court floor invisible in the State Tab

I was hoping I could use a different platform floor because I want to have 2 stools with a table on either side and have fewer props, but that sounds like it may work Rieder. I'll give it a try.

Thank you. Smile
SaphyreRose
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:10:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:

I'd try the seating method by SifuPeter tools,

You can find it in this link.

He has many tools and they are most useful

Seating Method by SifuPeter

To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
6 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 3/31/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/1/2020(UTC), marta on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), SifuPeter on 4/3/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 12:22:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cassey;1632283 wrote:

I was hoping I could use a different platform floor because I want to have 2 stools with a table on either side and have fewer props, but that sounds like it may work Rieder. I'll give it a try.
Thank you. Smile

The court floors do not need to be big. And instead of one square court floor per stool, you could use one rectangular for every two stools.
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/1/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 1:53:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Don't forget the need to use chair seat 2 script Smile
4 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/1/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 4/2/2020(UTC)
Chantal
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 3:11:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Chairs

Use seat panel, which is a prop specifically made for it. Just watch Durty Jay's movie about it, if you really wanna be a pro at making these. Though instead of using a wall, I personally use a plastic chair, which I find easier to remember that it is a chair script.

And remember that micro and mini avatars have a compleetly different sitting height. The other avatar sizes should all work if you set your avatar to medium, which is prolly the best
I setup a Discord for everyone!

Feel free to join at: https://discord.gg/4CgshQF

Need some help, visit: https://utherverse.fando...om/wiki/Utherverse_Wiki
5 users thanked Chantal for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/1/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/5/2020(UTC)
marta
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 8:14:43 AM(UTC)

In my opinion, the number and type of props used for raised stools are not important because they are all invisible.

Instead, I follow the SifuPeter system mentioned above by Rose, which prerogative is the small size of the collided plane that allows the avatar to go around the stools without tripping.

For do this, I use the wall for the script Chair 1 Seat (without offset) and a Flat Plane as a collided plane and after adjusting the position of the wall and the height of the Plane, I copy the coordinates of the wall into the Plane and reduce its scale = 0.01x 1.00y 0.01z

8 users thanked marta for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/1/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 4/1/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 4/2/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC), SifuPeter on 4/3/2020(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/5/2020(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 11:33:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I love Peter's method, and here is why. Seat Panels and some other props are hard as all get out to grab if you need to go back in at a later date and edit.

The wall which the seating script is on, is easy to grab even when it is invisible. Also the collide plane upon which the wall sits, can be made very tiny like you see in marta's image. Another nice thing about it is you do not have your avatar collding into an invisible raised floor.

Here is his pdf - I should have grabbed it from the other post I linked to

SifuPeter wrote -
Quote:
Most valid advise is already mentioned by others.

There exist an easier and more feature rich method to do seating based around the simple wall. This allows for using multiple seat / script action points around visible objects like chairs and beds.

http://sifupetertools.co...tingInRLCTheEasyWay.pdf
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
4 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC), SifuPeter on 4/5/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 12:26:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
SaphyreRose;1632379 wrote:
I love Peter's method, and here is why. Seat Panels and some other props are hard as all get out to grab if you need to go back in at a later date and edit.
[...]

It is correct that the seat panels are not easy to grab just with your mouse pointer at a later stage, but by using the prop list they are easy to highlight for further editing. Seat panels are actually my preferred props to use where appropriate, because they work very reliably and are easy to place.
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 4/1/2020(UTC), Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC)
SaphyreRose
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 5:15:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:

I always think of them as something you'd put a seating script on, in this instance they would be used as the collide floor upon which to place the raised chair. I normally use the flat plane, surface water, etc. for those items. Peter taught me how to do all of this, so it's really just what someone's preferred method happens to be. Just like a portal to another spot, I use a door not a wall or such. I always install DJ stream on some sort of music prop- DJ equipment or juke box as it coorelates with a device that plays music. Just easier for me to remember.
4 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Cassey on 4/1/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/1/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC), SifuPeter on 4/5/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 6:17:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Chantal;1632312 wrote:
https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Chairs

Use seat panel, which is a prop specifically made for it. Just watch Durty Jay's movie about it, if you really wanna be a pro at making these. Though instead of using a wall, I personally use a plastic chair, which I find easier to remember that it is a chair script.

And remember that micro and mini avatars have a compleetly different sitting height. The other avatar sizes should all work if you set your avatar to medium, which is prolly the best

That is how I did the stools on the ground floor. Smile Because the ground floor goes outside and is so large I used the water surface prop for that. Then the other day I looked up at the much smaller floor base dance floor and thought, I need to put a few chairs and a couple tables up their too. lol

Thank you so much for all the suggestions everyone. I have not had time to go back in and try any but will. I am sure they will help others, and me. Smile
3 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 4/2/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/2/2020(UTC)
Paul_FW
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 3:06:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Proof that the forums are a great source of info and inspiration.
making the Collide as small as possible, on the same prop co-ordinates as the seat scripted prop, so much less to get your avi stuck on. I do tend to use the hotel chair as a hidden prop, just because its a habit, only for the purpose of adjusting sitting angle, and a reduced size plane as collide to adjust seating height of avi, but yea Face palms myself for not seeing this as long as on same position as seat script, once again Size don't matter!! So they say Smile Great Tip Smile Smile
2 users thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/2/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/2/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 6:57:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I wanted to thank everyone again, and let you all know it wasn't working because I made a mistake. I had thought, but it turned out I never put another seat panel under the stool seat on the raised platform.

Thank you everyone, sorry to have wasted your time.
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 4/5/2020(UTC)