Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Screen tears and jaggies possible fix
Sweetpea
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 3:49:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I wasn't sure where to put this, but thought this might be a good spot as people may look to see if there is anything that will help them.

FYI... this will probably be a bit wordy but it is what it is...haha

I got a new computer the end of last week, I was so excited because I've never had a gaming computer I've only had either a laptop or desk top PC (not an apple fan)

My adult son watches Neebs Gaming on You Tube and he told me that they use a company called XIDAX, so I went out to that site and they helped me build a computer.

I knew from past posts in the forum of people having problems with screen tears, so I tried to be very careful in what I told them. Sadly when I had it all set up and logged in world what happens...screen tears and jaggies. I was almost in tears, computers are not cheap and I didn't want to have to return it.

So I submitted a support ticket, and they told me that it was due to having a newer AMD Driver and I would need to down grade to an older version because AMD didn't support older graphics. So instead of downgrading the driver, I contacted XIDAX and we had a remote chat, I logged into the game so they could see exactly what I was talking about. After about 30 minutes of them asking me all kinds of questions we figured out that it was how I had my monitors plugged into the tower.

I have 2 monitors, one of them is 10+ years old and is not HDMI compatible, the other is newer. Well when we set up the computer, we plugged the monitors into the driver ports on the tower instead of the graphics card. Well I still had the screen tears and jaggies. But they had a solution for that too.

They said I need a monitor that either uses a display cable or HDMI cable and to make sure they were plugged into the graphic card ports. So tonight I went to purchase a new monitor ( really need 2 monitors... really I do...haha) But because of all the craziness these days I have to order one to be delivered.

We disconnected the old monitor and just plugged in the newer one with the HDMI cable and I logged into world and it worked, no more screen tears or jaggies. I was so excited even though I only have one monitor that I just had to let you know of a possible fix if you are having the same problems. Before you give up, try to plug your monitor/s into the graphics card ports, it worked for me so it may work for you.

I did update my ticket with this info (a little less wordy as they already knew the background) so that if anyone else has these issues they have a possible solution to try before telling you to down grade your driver.

hugs
pea

Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
5 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 3/25/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 3/26/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 3/27/2020(UTC), Cassey on 3/27/2020(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 3/28/2020(UTC)
Stonedwookie
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:29:32 PM(UTC)

i have the same trouble with my amd laptop the screens wont make a difference its the world textures something do with later drivers not supporting dx9 shaders in the game everything esle in the game works fine like clubs its just the world textures that fail the only thing that will fix it is changing to NVIDIA card or messing with your drivers the monitors wont fix it
Sweetpea
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 2:58:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Stonedwookie;1631178 wrote:
i have the same trouble with my amd laptop the screens wont make a difference its the world textures something do with later drivers not supporting dx9 shaders in the game everything esle in the game works fine like clubs its just the world textures that fail the only thing that will fix it is changing to NVIDIA card or messing with your drivers the monitors wont fix it

Maybe it worked for me because I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1600 Super 6GB graphics card. My processor is an AMD RYZEN 5 3400G RC/8T 4.2 GHz

Do I know what any of that means, heck no. I just know that when I had my monitors plugged into the drivers I got all kinds of flashing, jaggies and screen tears. Once I plugged it into the graphic card ports, than I no longer had that problem.

I was just putting this out there as a possible fix that can be tried before uninstalling and reinstalling a downgrade.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 3/27/2020(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 3:15:10 PM(UTC)

Sweetpea;1631502 wrote:
Stonedwookie;1631178 wrote:

Maybe it worked for me because I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1600 Super 6GB graphics card. My processor is an AMD RYZEN 5 3400G RC/8T 4.2 GHz

Do I know what any of that means, heck no. I just know that when I had my monitors plugged into the drivers I got all kinds of flashing, jaggies and screen tears. Once I plugged it into the graphic card ports, than I no longer had that problem.

I was just putting this out there as a possible fix that can be tried before uninstalling and reinstalling a downgrade.

This.

I use HDMI 1-3 but I also have an AMD card causing the black lines and missing floors, walls, and blinking everything.
^5 for getting it to work for you!
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
A_Seddy
#5 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 5:30:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Dear Pea, I have a very similar set up, although not newest generation like yours. But also Ryzen 5 just the GTX 1050 Ti graphics card with 4 GB ram. So far no problems.
Stonedwookie
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:16:20 AM(UTC)

Sweetpea;1631151 wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this, but thought this might be a good spot as people may look to see if there is anything that will help them.

FYI... this will probably be a bit wordy but it is what it is...haha

I got a new computer the end of last week, I was so excited because I've never had a gaming computer I've only had either a laptop or desk top PC (not an apple fan)

My adult son watches Neebs Gaming on You Tube and he told me that they use a company called XIDAX, so I went out to that site and they helped me build a computer.

I knew from past posts in the forum of people having problems with screen tears, so I tried to be very careful in what I told them. Sadly when I had it all set up and logged in world what happens...screen tears and jaggies. I was almost in tears, computers are not cheap and I didn't want to have to return it.

So I submitted a support ticket, and they told me that it was due to having a newer AMD Driver and I would need to down grade to an older version because AMD didn't support older graphics. So instead of downgrading the driver, I contacted XIDAX and we had a remote chat, I logged into the game so they could see exactly what I was talking about. After about 30 minutes of them asking me all kinds of questions we figured out that it was how I had my monitors plugged into the tower.

I have 2 monitors, one of them is 10+ years old and is not HDMI compatible, the other is newer. Well when we set up the computer, we plugged the monitors into the driver ports on the tower instead of the graphics card. Well I still had the screen tears and jaggies. But they had a solution for that too.

They said I need a monitor that either uses a display cable or HDMI cable and to make sure they were plugged into the graphic card ports. So tonight I went to purchase a new monitor ( really need 2 monitors... really I do...haha) But because of all the craziness these days I have to order one to be delivered.

We disconnected the old monitor and just plugged in the newer one with the HDMI cable and I logged into world and it worked, no more screen tears or jaggies. I was so excited even though I only have one monitor that I just had to let you know of a possible fix if you are having the same problems. Before you give up, try to plug your monitor/s into the graphics card ports, it worked for me so it may work for you.

I did update my ticket with this info (a little less wordy as they already knew the background) so that if anyone else has these issues they have a possible solution to try before telling you to down grade your driver.

hugs
pea

ah yes my bad i mean radeon graphics card amd cpu should be fine