Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HTML5 and Profile Pages
Mrs_Joey39_BOA
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:29:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hey there!

So I have questions regarding converting flash video to html5 and embedding for my profile page. I have figured out how to write html5 code and converted my videos to ogg, mp4, and webm videos and created the code. Tested in Chrome and it worked...Copied and pasted the code to my profile and no dice....Won't work Sad Can anyone help?

CA
Angel Smile

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
Plato
Hot_Liquor
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 11:43:05 PM(UTC)

Mrs_Joey39_BOA;1629788 wrote:
Hey there!

So I have questions regarding converting flash video to html5 and embedding for my profile page. I have figured out how to write html5 code and converted my videos to ogg, mp4, and webm videos and created the code. Tested in Chrome and it worked...Copied and pasted the code to my profile and no dice....Won't work Sad Can anyone help?

CA

On profiles in an iframe your source must be http"s"

4 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 3/20/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/20/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 3/22/2020(UTC), DJ_Jenna on 12/7/2022(UTC)
Mrs_Joey39_BOA
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:07:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hot_Liquor;1629869 wrote:
Hey there!

CA

Going to try that! Thank you!

Angel Smile

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
Plato
Mrs_Joey39_BOA
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:10:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hot_Liquor;1629869 wrote:
Hey there!

CA

Okay, so...i am teaching myself and looking for sources...I am guessing here that in order to utilize https:// the videos would need to be hosted? Any suggestions on where I can host the videos? Possibly a free or low cost option.....Smile
Angel Smile

Plato
Cassey
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:38:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi!

I put a past dance team gif I had converted to webm on my profile for an example. It is displaying fine pointing directly to my Internet hosted webm in Firefox. Remember Internet Explorer does not support webm for any one that does not know. I use div on my profile for alignment reasons, but this should give you an idea though.

In-world as a prop sign you would have to host both the html and the webm in the same folders on the Internet.

Wrote above fast, update for in-world:

Prop: sign_01

Script: Attach Web Browser

URL: Internet path to hosted html

Scale: To change size

Interactive: Uncheck so people don't accidently zoom in on it

Code:
<li>
        <div align="center"><video autoplay loop muted width="700" height="110">
        <source src="https://cldup.com/filename.webm"
         type="video/webm;codecs="vp8">
        Your browser does not support the HTML5 Video element.
    </video></div>
     </li>
4 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 3/22/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/23/2020(UTC), SinSizzle on 3/23/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 3/24/2020(UTC)
Mrs_Joey39_BOA
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:17:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cassey;1630458 wrote:
Hi!

I put a past dance team gif I had converted to webm on my profile for an example. It is displaying fine pointing directly to my Internet hosted webm in Firefox. Remember Internet Explorer does not support webm for any one that does not know. I use div on my profile for alignment reasons, but this should give you an idea though.

In-world as a prop sign you would have to host both the html and the webm in the same folders on the Internet.

Code:
<li>
      <div align="center"><video autoplay loop muted width="560" height="110">
      <source src="https://cldup.com/JCm4_WKzNw.webm"
       type='video/webm;codecs="vp8, vorbis"'/>
    </video></div>
     </li>

I'm sorry...I don't understand but this is what I have...the person who created the video gave up her business to saomeone else and that person has not responded to messages on the social center. And Imagin left RLC...:-(

<center>Our Wedding!!!<center>

<center><object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2503308&k=P144446624&hk=1&loop=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2503308&k=P144446624&hk=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object><center>

<center>Our Wedding Vow Renewal at Two Years!!!<center>

<center><object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2500261&k=P56853296&hk=1&loop=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2500261&k=P56853296&hk=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object><center>

Converted to 3 forms for html5 of my wedding but not renewal...I don't have that one saved in video form on my computer. Sadly, I just have the photos.

<video controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay">
<source src="My Movie_VP8.webm" type="video/webm" />
</video>

<source src="My Movie_x264.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

<source src="My Movie_libtheora.ogv" type="video/ogg" />
</video>
Angel Smile

Plato
Hot_Liquor
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:36:33 PM(UTC)

Same answer given in PM ill post here for anyone doing the same and to find out if Mrs Joey has success.

Use your gmail account to automatically open a YouTube account then use this tutorial to upload directly from Kizoa to YouTube. From share button on YouTube grab the embed code and paste it in your profile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IjOzgJhzSQ
2 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Mrs_Joey39_BOA on 3/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/25/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:51:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Mrs_Joey39_BOA;1630873 wrote:
Cassey;1630458 wrote:
Hi!

Code:
<li>
      <div align="center"><video autoplay loop muted width="560" height="110">
      <source src="https://cldup.com/JCm4_WKzNw.webm"
       type='video/webm;codecs="vp8, vorbis"'/>
    </video></div>
     </li>

I'm sorry...I don't understand but this is what I have...the person who created the video gave up her business to saomeone else and that person has not responded to messages on the social center. And Imagin left RLC...:-(

<center>Our Wedding!!!<center>

<center><object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2503308&k=P144446624&hk=1&loop=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2503308&k=P144446624&hk=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object><center>

<center>Our Wedding Vow Renewal at Two Years!!!<center>

<center><object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2500261&k=P56853296&hk=1&loop=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://app.kizoa.com/i-Contact/sflite.swf?did=2500261&k=P56853296&hk=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object><center>

Converted to 3 forms for html5 of my wedding but not renewal...I don't have that one saved in video form on my computer. Sadly, I just have the photos.

<source src="My Movie_VP8.webm" type="video/webm" />
</video>

<source src="My Movie_x264.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

<source src="My Movie_libtheora.ogv" type="video/ogg" />
</video>

Sorry to say but if that is the code you are using including and below <center>Our Wedding!!!<center> it’s not going to work. To start, center and param are not supported in html5. You are mixing html5 video code with the old html code, if that’s what you are using.

I have had issues with the controls= part of your video html5. You don’t need the controls= after video after all your code is html5 compatible. Also, li part of my example means a list. Without the li it wouldn’t have displayed on my profile.

Long story short, there are many different ways to make html5 work using html5 markup language, but I see why you are having issues. I spent a while learning html5 to get multimedia to work with it in an Internet web browser. If I have time I will try to put together a more complete example for everyone, if someone else doesn’t do it first.

Yeah, it stinks I know.

1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Mrs_Joey39_BOA on 3/24/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:46:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
A quick example that works with html5 multimedia. A lot not needed in there, but should help some people. Again, many ways to code an html5 webpage. This is just one novice example that worked for me.

Code:
<style type="text/css">

table table table {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    width: auto;
}

table, tr, td {
    background-color:transparent;
    border:none;
    border-width:0px;
}

body, .bodyContent  {
    background-image:url(Your backround image path here if have.);
    background-position:2% 17%;
    background-attachment:inherit;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-color: #333333;
}

body,td,th {
    font-size: 12px;
    font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
    color: #9370db;
    text-align: left;
}
<!--
body {
    /*font: 100%/1.4 Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;*/
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

ul, ol, dl {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p {
    margin-top: 0;
    padding-right: 15px;
    padding-left: 15px;
}

a img {
    border: none;
}

a:link {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

a:visited {
    color: #6E6C64;
    text-decoration: underline;
}

a:hover, a:active, a:focus {
    text-decoration: none;
}

.container {
    width: 100%;
    overflow: hidden;
}

.sidebar1 {
    float: right;
    width: 700px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-right: 5px;
    margin-top: 45px;
}

.content {

padding: 10px 0;
    width: 700px;
}

.content ul, .content ol {
    padding: 0 15px 15px 40px;
}

ul.nav {
    list-style: none;
    border-top: 1px solid #666;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
}

ul.nav li {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #666;
    alignment-adjust: middle;
    padding-bottom: 25px;
}

ul.nav a, ul.nav a:visited {
    padding: 5px 5px 5px 15px;
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;    
}

ul.nav a:hover, ul.nav a:active, ul.nav a:focus {

}

.fltrt { 
    margin-left: 8px;
}
.fltlft {
    margin-right: 8px;
}

.clearfloat {
    clear:both;
    height:0;
    font-size: 1px;
    line-height: 0px;
}

/*body,td,th {
    font-size: 8px;
    color: #fff;
    text-align: left;
}*/

-->
</style></head>

<body>

<div class="container">
  <div class="sidebar1">
    <ul class="nav">
      <li>
        <div align="center"><video autoplay loop muted width="700" height="110">
        <source src="https://cldup.com/filename.webm"
         type="video/webm;codecs="vp8">
         Your browser does not support the HTML5 Video element.
    </video></div>
     </li>

</ul>

<!-- end .sidebar1 --></div>

</body>
2 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 3/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/25/2020(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:02:43 AM(UTC)

Many people are giving bad advice. All she wants to do is embed a slide show video on her profile. Firstly she shouldn't give a rats crack if it HTML5 or if the WC3 World Wide Web Consortium approves. Just make it work. She does not need to be converting to three different formats and be sent down some complicated road to nowhere. The "center" tag is not supported but still work and everyone still uses it. Casey you are posting CSS style code. This works hand in hand with all HTML's but it for the style of the page not the content.

Whenever possible use YouTube

Just sayn

TY

Kesha
2 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 3/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 3/26/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 7:05:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hot_Liquor;1631020 wrote:

Many people are giving bad advice. All she wants to do is embed a slide show video on her profile. Firstly she shouldn't give a rats crack if it HTML5 or if the WC3 World Wide Web Consortium approves. Just make it work. She does not need to be converting to three different formats and be sent down some complicated road to nowhere. The "center" tag is not supported but still work and everyone still uses it. Casey you are posting CSS style code. This works hand in hand with all HTML's but it for the style of the page not the content.

Just sayn

TY

Kesha

I know what css is. lol I didn't know the details though behind the question. Maybe I missed it. I posted css because html5 code works in css. Absolutely no reason to convert it to 3 formats that's for sure. Enough said by me on this...
Hot_Liquor
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:56:04 PM(UTC)

Cassey;1631201 wrote:
Hot_Liquor;1631020 wrote:

Just sayn

TY

Kesha

I know what css is. lol I didn't know the details though behind the question. Maybe I missed it. I posted css because html5 code works in css. Absolutely no reason to convert it to 3 formats that's for sure. Enough said by me on this...

It looked like my bad advice comment was directed at you but it wasn't. CSS does many things HTML used to do. It always better to use CSS when given a choice. But what is happening is all the hype most I'd say comes from Silesa has people converting files taking the long road to know where when they should just be grabbing and pasting an embed code like always.

Hosting is a factor YouTube handles it
Providing different formats and qualities YouTube handles it