Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Question related to a cloned layout
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 8:39:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

let's pretend I cloned a layout in the game with the help of the Property Manager. Is there now any way to totally erase all props there, to completely clean the entire layout down to the blank template, it was before I decorated it?

Thanks in advance for any helpful reply and hint,

kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Cassey on 2/3/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 2/4/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#2 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 8:58:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I tried to find a way to clear all the props of a property I had once too Diving. I thought maybe "Reset Room Textures", but didn't work. I'm not even sure what that does...
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 2/3/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 10:19:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Cassey;1620250 wrote:
I tried to find a way to clear all the props of a property I had once too Diving. I thought maybe "Reset Room Textures", but didn't work. I'm not even sure what that does...

Hello Cassey,

well, that I do know. It resets all changes you made happen with the "World Texture Editor" and sets all textures back to default.

Kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 2/4/2020(UTC), Cassey on 2/4/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 12:38:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Do I understand your question correctly in the sense that you want the clone to be empty and clean and not the original property? If yes, first thing to do is to save a backup of the layout you have in the original property in the "Layout" section on your profile page (tab "Property", button "Manage" then tab "Layouts" ). Once the layout is saved you return to the main property list. There you will find a "Reset" button. This will completely empty the property. Thereafter you can create the empty clone and at the end you can re-apply the saved layout to the original property while the clone will remain empty.
I assume you want the empty clone for testing things?
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 2/4/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 2/4/2020(UTC), Cassey on 2/4/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 5:00:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
A_Seddy;1620339 wrote:
Do I understand your question correctly in the sense that you want the clone to be empty and clean and not the original property? If yes, first thing to do is to save a backup of the layout you have in the original property in the "Layout" section on your profile page (tab "Property", button "Manage" then tab "Layouts" ). Once the layout is saved you return to the main property list. There you will find a "Reset" button. This will completely empty the property. Thereafter you can create the empty clone and at the end you can re-apply the saved layout to the original property while the clone will remain empty.
I assume you want the empty clone for testing things?

Hello A_Seddy,

unfortunately, when I got the Large Property 13 from the swag bag, I was so hungry for it that I decorated it and unfortunately I didn't save the original template as a separate layout. Now I'm in the situation that I have saved the last 3 layouts after one or the other change as back-ups, with each at about 4000 props, but not the empty and clean template.

I will probably have to delete the clone step by step by hand, so that I can finally start my new project sometime when everything is clean. Because I want to realize a new idea in the empty clone.

Kind regards, divingA

Sunrider56
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 5:55:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The Reset will wipe it out back to the way it was when it was new and untouched. Failing that, if you just start with the prop list and begin deleting from top down it shouldn't take you longer than 20-30 min to go through the list. Heck, I've spent that much time building a custom prop some days.
2 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 2/4/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 2/5/2020(UTC)
Xouir
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 10:09:58 PM(UTC)

Diving-
check your inbox.
1 user thanked Xouir for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 2/4/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 10:54:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello and good morning again everybody,

good morning from Berlin. I'm really flabbergasted now. I expected many helpful answers but not what completely surprised me within an hour. At about the same time two users have transferred an empty layout. I have known the first one, who was really only a short time earlier, for a long time, he has been one of my friends for a long time. The second one, more or less unknown to me so far (please don't misunderstand me), also transferred an empty "Large Property 13 Layout" shortly after. I am overwhelmed and moved to tears.

This is unbelievable!!!!

Of course I don't really know to what extent these two very dear and helpful people want to remain anonymous or not. As a precaution I delete the names from the mails I got from them. I have already transferred the transfer fees to the first user, because I think this is the least I can do as a thank you, besides the usual thank you. A personal mail was of course also sent back to him in response to his request.

The second user I have to and I want to and I will also refund the transfer fees. This is the right thing to do and, once again, this is the least I can do and must do. Also to this user I will send an answer by private mail. But also at this point I would like to thank you publicly. I still can't believe it, I still can't get my head around it.

For all of you, here are their mails. Because mails like this and users like this should be an example to us all. Also the RLC community lives from helpful people like these two.

Wub Wub Wub

Thank you two 1000 times

You saved me from the tedious work to erase still about 2500 props

because I started to delete props yesterday

Kind regards, divingA

5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 2/5/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 2/5/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/6/2020(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/8/2020(UTC), GULL_Firefox on 2/15/2020(UTC)