Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Seating on raised floors
X_Nawty_Angel_X
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 3:31:24 PM(UTC)

I am having issues with seating on raised floors when I go to sit I fall thru to lower floor what can I do to remedy this.
Thank you n advance for your assistance
X_Nawty_Angel_X
1 user thanked X_Nawty_Angel_X for this useful post.
Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 1/23/2020(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 3:44:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
X_Nawty_Angel_X;1618383 wrote:
I am having issues with seating on raised floors when I go to sit I fall thru to lower floor what can I do to remedy this.
Thank you n advance for your assistance
X_Nawty_Angel_X

Make sure your chair is at least 1 or 2 clicks above the floor. If the "foot" of the chair is "inside" the court floor then you will fall through.

Also, use Chair Seating 2 script, not 1.. if you use 1, you WILL fall through the floor.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

5 users thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 1/24/2020(UTC), Cougar on 1/25/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/25/2020(UTC), MR_LIX on 1/25/2020(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#3 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 3:31:17 PM(UTC)

If all else fails use any seating you want but DO NOT APPLY A SCRIPT to them. Instead place the blue club stool 3? The one with the round back rest. So that the seat is level with the seat you want them to sit on and facing forwards. In the script tab for all Blue stools set Seat 2 as BB suggested above and 150 to 170 in the first box for the offset. I usually set one then test, finally clone it to the other seats so you don't need to fill in the settings individually on each one.

Get a slim piece of Flat Plane or Court Floor and place the one strip through all of the blue stool footrests. Make the strip collideable and when testing you will see you step up onto the strip to sit. Don't make it so wide you bump into it, just enough to raise you and stop you falling through. Adjust the strip up/down to suit the height to sit at. Only the width and length of the strip need adjusting, not the thickness/height.

Once tested make all the blue stools and the strip invisible then do a final test on each seat again and view from a few angles to make sure it looks right. This is a fail safe fix just for a raised floor. On a system floor it is not usually needed.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
5 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Treas_BBLic_DRMC on 1/24/2020(UTC), Cougar on 1/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/25/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/25/2020(UTC), MR_LIX on 1/25/2020(UTC)
Treas_BBLic_DRMC
#4 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 3:53:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The_Black_Rieder;1618556 wrote:
If all else fails use any seating you want but DO NOT APPLY A SCRIPT to them. Instead place the blue club stool 3? The one with the round back rest. So that the seat is level with the seat you want them to sit on and facing forwards. In the script tab for all Blue stools set Seat 2 as BB suggested above and 150 to 170 in the first box for the offset. I usually set one then test, finally clone it to the other seats so you don't need to fill in the settings individually on each one.

Get a slim piece of Flat Plane or Court Floor and place the one strip through all of the blue stool footrests. Make the strip collideable and when testing you will see you step up onto the strip to sit. Don't make it so wide you bump into it, just enough to raise you and stop you falling through. Adjust the strip up/down to suit the height to sit at. Only the width and length of the strip need adjusting, not the thickness/height.

Once tested make all the blue stools and the strip invisible then do a final test on each seat again and view from a few angles to make sure it looks right. This is a fail safe fix just for a raised floor. On a system floor it is not usually needed.

This is also the fix for bar stools.. I started to include instructions on fixing bar stools but I reread her original post and it sounded like just regular seating.

Good advice, though. Hope your issue gets worked out, Nawty.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

2 users thanked Treas_BBLic_DRMC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/25/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/25/2020(UTC)