Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do I create a Dice or Number Generator viewable by all?
Poe_Dameron
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 5:21:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I am wanting to post a dice or number generator in a layout of mine. I have read other forum posts and answers about this. I still cannot make them work. I think it is because my deco knowledge is not on the level of the people trying to help and I am leaving out steps or settings that I guess others would already know.

I just want a simple sign that will display a number generator that can be seen by everyone. Can someone let me know all the complete steps and settings from start to finish?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Smile
SaphyreRose
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:41:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:

I do not know how to do it, but with the new html being implemented this is the route I bet you will have to go. Someone with html experience or one who knows about how to convert flash should be able to help
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
2 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/10/2019(UTC), Poe_Dameron on 11/10/2019(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:26:58 AM(UTC)

Maybe a widget from Random.org,

applied on an HTML5 web page script, using a sign_01 prop ?

Code:
<iframe src="https://www.random.org/widgets/integers/iframe.php?title=True+Random+Number+Generator&amp;buttontxt=Generate&amp;width=160&amp;height=200&amp;border=off&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;txtcolor=%23777777&amp;altbgcolor=%23CCCCFF&amp;alttxtcolor=%23000000&amp;defaultmin=&amp;defaultmax=&amp;fixed=off" frameborder="0" width="160" height="200" scrolling="no" longdesc="https://www.random.org/integers/">
</iframe>

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Poe_Dameron on 11/10/2019(UTC), SaphyreRose on 11/10/2019(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/11/2019(UTC)
1_Despicable_Me
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:55:46 AM(UTC)

This has been an issue for years.

You hear UV talk about wanting "ideas" well, might be something to bring to their attention, but don't hold your breath.

It can't be done with flash.

Not sure if new route will work. Html in past has caused lag issues.

You used to be able to use "being me" with a second computer and profile looking at an online roller that would then broadcast to a sign everyone could see, but that would start to lag and stop working in 20 minutes.

There is a roulette game online some use everyone can see each others 'roll' but that is cumbersome going back and forth between screens.

Best way IMO, is just to have a trusted neutral non player use an online roller and roll for everyone.

It would take UV maybe an hour to make a slash command, however, they can be tricked unless it is tied to a certain text color that can't be replicated by anyone or a copy and paste of former rolls.

Good luck.
Has Biden The Coward agreed to a live discussion with Putin Yet? Of course not, He's hiding in the Whitehouse Bunker getting his diaper changed still feeling humiliated by Putin.

2 users thanked 1_Despicable_Me for this useful post.
Poe_Dameron on 11/10/2019(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/11/2019(UTC)
Silesa
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:59:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Loving_INTENSE;1607675 wrote:
Maybe a widget from Random.org,

applied on an HTML5 web page script, using a sign_01 prop ?

Code:
<iframe src="https://www.random.org/widgets/integers/iframe.php?title=True+Random+Number+Generator&amp;buttontxt=Generate&amp;width=160&amp;height=200&amp;border=off&amp;bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&amp;txtcolor=%23777777&amp;altbgcolor=%23CCCCFF&amp;alttxtcolor=%23000000&amp;defaultmin=&amp;defaultmax=&amp;fixed=off" frameborder="0" width="160" height="200" scrolling="no" longdesc="https://www.random.org/integers/">
</iframe>

That is an interesting/creative solution but i can only hope i am wrong. i think like flash whoever clicks it to generate the number will be the only one who will see it. Not all see the same at the same time. For that, some ajax coding or other method is going to be needed.

i could develop a gizmo to do that but hoping someone else will as i am a bit busy with refining my all live video in non-flash

An easy way to do it now is broadcast live a screen capture video of the random number webpage.

Peace

BTW it has been done in flash. Lion had it (a gizmo) as part of his Iceware player, somewhere there might still be one that is still working.
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Poe_Dameron on 11/10/2019(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/11/2019(UTC)
Poe_Dameron
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 12:05:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I can deal with it, if it can only been by the person using the prop to get the number. I appreciate the advice and the information, but I do not know what to do with the information I have been given.

I can create a sign_01. What script do I use? Where do I paste this HTML code that has been offered to me to try? These are things that I am also needing help with. I'm looking at the different scripts and tabs, but don't see anything that looks like what I should use. My deco knowledge is not as advanced as others and I guess I am needing the install process to explained to me.

Thanks, again.
Silesa
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 12:46:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Poe_Dameron;1607684 wrote:
I can deal with it, if it can only been by the person using the prop to get the number. I appreciate the advice and the information, but I do not know what to do with the information I have been given.

I can create a sign_01. What script do I use? Where do I paste this HTML code that has been offered to me to try? These are things that I am also needing help with. I'm looking at the different scripts and tabs, but don't see anything that looks like what I should use. My deco knowledge is not as advanced as others and I guess I am needing the install process to explained to me.

Thanks, again.

Poe the issue is credibility and the excitement of all seeing the number drawn at the same time.

Most raffles are not done this way and most, of course, are legitimate and would not cheat people which way more than likely
any plans of a raffle you will have are also most certainly legitimate Poe.

The best way IMO as i have stated is to share the excitement of picking the number is for all to see it being done at the same time, this also reassures people it is legitimate.

Again an easy way to do that is through a live video broadcast of a screen capture showing both a time of day website with seconds ticking next to a random number generator web page.

Someone with any online video game streaming experience would easily be able to do that and only take me a few minutes to provide them with the means to display that video in world live all see the same.

Again also i would and tempted to do an easier gizmo that would accomplish this, show both the time of day and a click button that highlights when clicked choosing the random number. i at this time can not afford to be distracted and spend time developing something like that. BUT know there are others who could and should take the opportunity to provide it for the community.

Let me know Poe if i can help if you have someone with live streaming experience and i will help with the rest as best i can.

Peace

1 user thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/11/2019(UTC)
Poe_Dameron
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 1:07:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks, Silesa. I should have state that it is not for a raffle drawing or anything like that. I agree the integrity would be questionable and that would not be a good idea. It was just to use like dice for a game that I created in a layout and would serve as a number for game pieces to be moved. It's just for my own private use and not anything that I would need to be developed or created. Just for my private use.

I've seen them in other layouts and thought it was a simple thing to install. Was hoping to find out how. But again, thanks for your input. Smile
1_Despicable_Me
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 1:22:16 PM(UTC)

I think you should post in Kendrick's thread and ask directly for UV to make this. It wouldn't take them more than an hour to do. Who knows, they may make a dice prop that can be rolled.

It's a shame they don't put effort into little things the community has requested for over 5 years plus.

https://forums.uthervers...tch-Suggestion-Form.aspx
Has Biden The Coward agreed to a live discussion with Putin Yet? Of course not, He's hiding in the Whitehouse Bunker getting his diaper changed still feeling humiliated by Putin.

1 user thanked 1_Despicable_Me for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/11/2019(UTC)
Silesa
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 1:30:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Poe_Dameron;1607702 wrote:
Thanks, Silesa. I should have state that it is not for a raffle drawing or anything like that. I agree the integrity would be questionable and that would not be a good idea. It was just to use like dice for a game that I created in a layout and would serve as a number for game pieces to be moved. It's just for my own private use and not anything that I would need to be developed or created. Just for my private use.

I've seen them in other layouts and thought it was a simple thing to install. Was hoping to find out how. But again, thanks for your input. Smile

Very good and encouraging to hear Poe good idea to continue with your plans and know at some point someone will make it available

Live all see the same dice and random number generators.

@ THX agree but maybe not in an hour