Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
help with ground fog
DemonRaven_Kiss
#1 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 9:36:47 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I want to create a thin see through ground fog. I tried a couple of methods suggested but it did not produce the desired effect. Confused Please help.
Loving_INTENSE
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 10:28:42 AM(UTC)

DemonRaven_dO;1579582 wrote:
I want to create a thin see through ground fog. I tried a couple of methods suggested but it did not produce the desired effect. Confused Please help.

Viegoth had a useful post, 7 yrs ago : )

Viegoth;922930 wrote:
Generally to make fog, you use an "Attach Emitter" script. You have to play around with it a little to get exactly the effect you want, but here is an example of a small patch of fog.

Prop: Trigger Box
Script: Attach Emitter

Texture File: cum.png
Particle Life: 10
Emitter Life: 300
Particles Per Sec: 150
Speed: 20.00
Start Scale: 1.50
End Scale: 2.00
% Life Fading in: 5
% Life Fading out: 70
Enable Fade: Checked
Alpha Scale: .05
Spawn Cube X: 500
Spawn Cube Y: 100
Spawn Cube Z: 500
Normal X: 0
Normal Y: -1
Normal Z: 0

Play around with the numbers a little to adjust how it looks, but change things in small increments to start with. And keep in mind that emitters cause lag... especially fog emitters. so use them carefully and sparingly.

-Vie

4 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
DemonRaven_Kiss on 3/11/2019(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 3/11/2019(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 4/11/2019(UTC), Never_Lost on 6/1/2019(UTC)
__Dusty__
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 11:28:05 AM(UTC)

Try the Super Zaby List:

http://forums7.uthervers...PDATED-AND-REVISED.aspx

Scroll down to the Water and Hot Tub Section:

Steam and Fog:

https://forums.uthervers...sm1325711_FOG-balls.aspx
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
5 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
DemonRaven_Kiss on 3/11/2019(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 3/11/2019(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 3/12/2019(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 4/11/2019(UTC), Never_Lost on 6/13/2019(UTC)
MrStevenNorth
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:52:26 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Fog is a great effect here. It should be used more were appropriate to the setting. Clubs (often Gothic ones) use a low ground fog.
But a low ground fog also looks great at an airport setting too. (like the end scenes of Casablanca (1943). Very romantic.

Make a long foggy pier with a thick fog outside of a club perhaps with a lonely pier light to illuminate the lovers having stand up sexy
by....leave the rest to you. But unfortunately, clubs suck as far as atmospheric deco. Everything is catered to capacity numbers of avi's. Sad
But a modest balance of well formatted textures should be able to accommodate both. Assuming the players in the clubs have a computer video plug in
that is anything beyond 'abacus 7'...lol). But you don't have to use fog related to a club only of course.

They are great in spas too naturally of course. The more virtual realism, the more the sex and interaction subconsciously is too IMO.

I won't repeat a how to as Dusty surely has that covered already.

Steven
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

Mussentuchit
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:32:49 PM(UTC)

DemonRaven_dO;1579582 wrote:

pick a small object attach emitter select smoke next play with xyz setting and emitter outputs you can use several to have it move around and down stairs but it is still see through. let me look and see what zaby i put this in .. if i still have it.