Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
plane_01 - sign and wall - difference
o_Fabian_o
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:14:29 AM(UTC)

hi ... know anybody the difference between

singn_01 its four times there
plane_01 its 3 times in the propeditor
Sign_animated 3d etc and
wall

what is the best way to use them in building zabys .. or you know a good description - I have not find one.

thanks for helpSmile
divingA_WnC
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:35:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
o_Fabian_o;1574775 wrote:

Sign_animated 3d etc and
wall

what is the best way to use them in building zabys .. or you know a good description - I have not find one.

thanks for helpSmile

Hello Fabian,

well, that are some good questions. And the answer, which is of all props might be the best depends simply on one thing: it depends on what you'd like to do with them.

Do you like to decorate a picture at a wall? If so, i'd take sign_01 prop. Would you love to make a concrete wall, which should best look somewhat three dimensional, then take the wall prop. There are 10000s of more options and the simply answer, what to take best is always the same one: it depends on what you have in mind to realize.

I know, this might not help you much, but this is, how it is.

Good luck, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/30/2019(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/30/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/31/2019(UTC)
o_Fabian_o
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:55:23 AM(UTC)

divingA_WnC;1574784 wrote:
o_Fabian_o;1574775 wrote:

Sign_animated 3d etc and
wall

thanks for helpSmile

Hello Fabian,

well, that are some good questions. And the answer, which is of all props might be the best depends simply on one thing: it depends on what you'd like to do with them.

Do you like to decorate a picture at a wall? If so, i'd take sign_01 prop. Would you love to make a concrete wall, which should best look somewhat three dimensional, then take the wall prop. There are 10000s of more options and the simply answer, what to take best is always the same one: it depends on what you have in mind to realize.

I know, this might not help you much, but this is, how it is.

Good luck, divingA

yes thanks with the walls i know - is 3d ... but other is a miracle beside they are not 3d Smile
Anhton_Novo
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:08:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
SifuPeter had some very interesting things to say about signs, walls, lag, etc.

Below is a post he made about 3 years ago. There is a link there near the top of the post for a pdf which gives much information. Some of this may come in handy for you.

Best,

Anhton

SifuPeter;1392922 wrote:
The problem might be the scale. On a sign_01 the image is sadly not exactly 0 based. So the image moves a tiny bit up and to the left such that for every 1x it moves 1 position to the right and every 2y scale it goes 1 point on the 1 up.

Given the above means that you might have to reconsider what you exactly do when decorating.

I would suggest taking a more holistic approach and get the best building and viewing experience.

This PDF might be useful although a tad technical
http://sifupetertools.co...htSizingAndImageUse.pdf

If you use signs (which are faster than walls) then you should build to the left, not to the right as this is faster to place. Signs have the wonderful advantage of not being two sided, again speeding up the rendering of your place. And by building a sign inside an light area and having a tiny gap between the light areas you avoid issues with light in corridor / light in room issues.

To summarize a long story on the what and how of images: you might want to standardize on images that are 1024 pixels tall by 512 wide or 1024 tall. This because binary happy numbers are much faster in mipmapping and scaling. In a normal zaby that would translate to a scale of something 2 by 2.

Here a classical example. To avoid images to look too much similar you can split an image such that they match in sequence.

Put this on a sign and then connect it (to the left) with this

and so on.

Obvious you can do this with trees as well.
Try this

Notice my high speed server is case sensitive so copy the names properly.

Enjoy

3 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 1/30/2019(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/30/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/31/2019(UTC)