Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
ho to make a fast property in the game and in upload
o_Fabian_o
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:39:37 PM(UTC)

hi all ...i have some speed questionsto make my zaby faster:

1. when I use 1000 times the texture A will it only be one time loaded or 1000 times?
2. making a Alphatree the probertty slower than a wall eg.?
3. what things beside textures make general a property slower?
4. is there something written - what makes a property fast .. what shall I avoid or do?
5. creating bots alot of lag?
6. or have someone more useful tipps and tricks for make a property faster?

thanks many questionsSmile I knowSmile Fab
-
Luna_HD
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:00:26 PM(UTC)

o_Fabian_o;1574660 wrote:

1. when I use 1000 times the texture A will it only be one time loaded or 1000 times?
4. is there something written - what makes a property fast .. what shall I avoid or do?

-

Simply...

1. If you use flash, use it sparingly. You can use it, just not a lot.
2. I have 12 bots in one place, no lag
3. Size textures for RLC (512 x 512 or multiples there of) (paint.net is a good program for editing and free)
4. Use jpg not png where possible
5. Optimise your images (https://tinypng.com/ is one good program). It's not the size of the image (I have used really large images), it's whether or not you size them correctly and then optimise.
6. Hit fn F2 on your keyboard and keep your fps up on screen, watch what causes it to drop.

Can't think of any more right now but others will I'm sure.

Good luck and if you need help just ask.
3 users thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 1/29/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/30/2019(UTC), DurtyJay on 3/1/2019(UTC)
The_Wraith
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:54:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Luna_HD;1574692 wrote:
Simply...

3. Size textures for RLC (512 x 512 or multiples there of) (paint.net is a good program for editing and free)
5. Optimise your images (https://tinypng.com/ is one good program). It's not the size of the image (I have used really large images), it's whether or not you optimise them.
6. Hit fn F2 on your keyboard and keep your fps up on screen, watch what causes it to drop.

PNG files really aren't as bad as most people think. Here is a partial quote from an earlier post of mine.

The_Wraith;1487368 wrote:

Another comment about textures that I don't think a lot of people realize. When choosing between JPG or PNG most people only use PNG files for transparency because of the file size. You can see in the two screenshots what the file size difference is.

60.98kB for the JPG compared to the 449.7kB on the PNG. But that is the compressed file size. You'll notice the uncompressed file size is the same for both texture. Once your video card gets the texture it will decompress it. So if using the texture above it wouldn't matter if it was a JPG or PNG it will still use 1 MB of your video ram to process.

So actually using JPG over PNG might save you a couple milliseconds the first time you see the texture. After that it's cached and will load from there.

There is some other information in that post about deco if you want to follow the quote to the thread. Just disregard the comment about using Photobucket. I made it before PB decided to screw their users.

8 users thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
Dartagnan_TFM on 1/29/2019(UTC), __Dusty__ on 1/29/2019(UTC), Luna_HD on 1/29/2019(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/29/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/30/2019(UTC), divingA_WnC on 1/30/2019(UTC), LazTopCat on 1/30/2019(UTC), DurtyJay on 3/1/2019(UTC)
o_Fabian_o
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:35:54 AM(UTC)

Luna_HD;1574692 wrote:

-

Simply...

5. Optimise your images (https://tinypng.com/ is one good program). It's not the size of the image (I have used really large images), it's whether or not you size them correctly and then optimise.

thx yes i know now a bit better but sometimes my photos are not 512 x 512 or 1024 x 1024 - I mean no square ... i work with ps cs6 i can change the the proportions but then dont look good it becomes not shart - as long i hold the proportion auf a pic isthe quality good ... eg my texture - photo is 1024 x 762 I can use it too .. or you mean 1024 x 1024 or the half is better?
thanks so muchSmile

o_Fabian_o
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:40:34 AM(UTC)

I am really happy that you all know so much and thx all of you that you have so clever ideas it helps me alot Smile thank you Smile

And so great that you explain in nice friendly good words Smile reg fab
divingA_WnC
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:27:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
o_Fabian_o;1574776 wrote:

Luna_HD;1574692 wrote:

-

Simply...

thx yes i know now a bit better but sometimes my photos are not 512 x 512 or 1024 x 1024 - I mean no square ... i work with ps cs6 i can change the the proportions but then dont look good it becomes not shart - as long i hold the proportion auf a pic isthe quality good ... eg my texture - photo is 1024 x 762 I can use it too .. or you mean 1024 x 1024 or the half is better?
thanks so muchSmile

Hello Fabian,

I assume, your photos, you've taken have the usual proportions of photos, which are mostly in a relation of 2 to 3 if horizontal or 3 to 2 if vertical. Now let's pretend for a moment, you'd like to use any of the below shown photos, which's original measures were 1536 x 1024 for first and 1024 x 1536 for the second one.

Once you convert any of them into .. let's say ... 512 x 512, they'll for sure look somewhat distorted.

All you have to do to avoid this is do simply some maths. What I usually do is, i reduce them down to ... for example 512 x 512, like shown below.

Now make for example a Sign_01 pro happen, which you scale into the original relation of these photos, means in this case, as example the prop have a scale of 1,5 in X and 1,0 in Y parameter of scale tab ... of course reverse way for second photo.

What you get to see then are the photos as you have taken them, with no distorsion and not much further loss of quality, but they'll be most easy to load for any computer.

Good luck, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 1/30/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/31/2019(UTC)
o_Fabian_o
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:17:22 PM(UTC)

thanks for all information .)

I am still not sure if i have one texture and use it in a proberty 10.000 times will it be just one time upload or 10.000 time and I have the biggest lag ever Smile
thx fabSmile
Chantal
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:25:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
o_Fabian_o;1575036 wrote:
thanks for all information .)

I am still not sure if i have one texture and use it in a proberty 10.000 times will it be just one time upload or 10.000 time and I have the biggest lag ever Smile
thx fabSmile

Ur question doesn't make much sense. There goes in a lot more then this thinking. The real question here is load on the computer, which is the rendering. This is what affects lag on most computers other then connection.

Now to break it down, and this will be fairly technical. Adding an image, depending on type of caching will cause the image to load up into your ram. Depending on which type of cache, which in utherverse could add the image load 3 times into the ram. Therefore its best to not choose multiple methods of caching within a single property, though thats another story in its intirety. Now adding copying that same prop and same texture should not increase ram usage at all as long as the cache is the same (so a first copied prop set a new type of cache will most likely still load this twice into the ram). Now copying this same prop and this same image a second time will cause this to load no additional ram.

That said, moving your avatar or camera will have to attribute resources from your computer to calculate the new values of what your seeing. While things are in a state of ram, therefor loaded. Having 2 images of the same type on different vectors would cause cpu load. From my expierence there is very little to no use from my gpu for any of these calculaties, that said the final render of the camera is compleetly gpu controlled and henceforth also creates it accordingly.

Adding a new prop with the same image however is a story entirely different as this causes additional ram, this is prolly a leak never fixed by the devs. So in short using the same prop and same texture should not cause additional stress on ram but it will causes additional stres on fps rates and some cpu usage for the calculations.

As I don't really see anyone making places with 10000 the same props on the same spot with the same texture, you have to account for some resource use no matter what. Optimizing your images is far more benificial to prevent lag in location. Highly optimized images on any props, can easily succeeed the 5000 or 10000 props in locations. I have build many places with huge prop counts and even some of the slowest computers (7 ish years old) have been able to visit my places without a problem.

One caviat though, distance is a big factor for the rendering load, and this is also depending on the leaf static properties of props in the property your building at. Therefor not all properties are suitable to build many props at. And with many I mean 3000 or more. Building large places requires understanding and knowledge about decorating. There is many facets you need to master if you want to build really large lag free places.
I setup a Discord for everyone!

Feel free to join at: https://discord.gg/4CgshQF

Need some help, visit: https://utherverse.fando...om/wiki/Utherverse_Wiki
1 user thanked Chantal for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 3/1/2019(UTC)