Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
floor how big
o_Fabian_o
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:48:24 AM(UTC)

Hi . if i do the floor how big I can make the floors and how close to each other to prevent that i can run without be blocked from the next floor thx Smile fab
Luna_HD
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:34:10 PM(UTC)

o_Fabian_o;1572411 wrote:
Hi . if i do the floor how big I can make the floors and how close to each other to prevent that i can run without be blocked from the next floor thx Smile fab

The surface water is the best thing to use for floors. You can make it as big as you want but leave the 'y' value at '1' or you'll fall through. With the surface water you have one floor instead of many joined together, much easier.
4 users thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
Cassey on 1/16/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/18/2019(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/18/2019(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/2/2019(UTC)
The_Wraith
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 4:43:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Something to keep in mind when using a colidable floor is the bigger you make the floor the harder it will be to make a ramp coming off it for stairs. I try to keep any prop I'm using as a colidable floor at a max size on the X and Z of 4x4. 2x2 is even better. Once you start getting any larger then you get issues with people getting stuck at the bottom of the steps. Here is an example of the different props I used for the base floors on a build.

Those are all scaled 1x1 and sitting on a Basic Vacant Street. For larger areas I would definitely use the surface water. For smaller areas you can get away with the court floor or plane 01. When tiling multiple floor sections I usually set my first prop then clone that and move it where it's needed. After setting a cloned floor section check to see if you get stuck trying to walk on or off of it. There will be times you will get stuck for no apparent reason. If that happens just delete that prop and clone it again. It's easier doing that then trying to fight the prop figuring out how far up or down it's off. As long as you can walk on and off the floor section there shouldn't be any problems with overlapping adjacent floor sections.
7 users thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
Cassey on 1/16/2019(UTC), o_Fabian_o on 1/18/2019(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/18/2019(UTC), Luna_HD on 1/18/2019(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 1/18/2019(UTC), Cougar on 1/20/2019(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 4/2/2019(UTC)
o_Fabian_o
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:57:41 AM(UTC)

thanks perfect help Smile if i dont do stairs i can make floor 400 x 400 ?
1 user thanked o_Fabian_o for this useful post.
Luna_HD on 1/18/2019(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#5 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 6:09:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
IF you aren't going to do any stairs then yes but for a floor that size don't put the texture on that prop. Use a smaller prop to put your texture on and tile it so the court floor would be good for this. The reason is that at the size you are talking about the texture would be so "stretched" that you wouldn't be able to see the texture you'd just have an ugly floor. Of course if you are using just a single color no pattern or anything then you can use the main floor unless you are using the surface water prop. If you are using this prop for your floor then put one court floor if you are using a straight color. If you are using some kind of pattern then you will need to tile it.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
3 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/18/2019(UTC), Luna_HD on 1/18/2019(UTC), Cougar on 1/20/2019(UTC)
Sweetpea
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 8:26:31 AM(UTC)

Medals:
o_Fabian_o;1572866 wrote:

I don't know if it is an RLC glitch or just what happens if you make your collidable floor too large. But I have fallen through collidable floors that were just 1 single prop that was too big. So if you make your floor 400x400 even without stairs, it is possible that you will fall through.

This happened to me many times when I opened the first flea market, it was built on a small park vacant and I had to make the collidable floor smaller or just walking along I would fall through and it was just one single collidable floor prop.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 1/19/2019(UTC)
Luna_HD
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:44:00 AM(UTC)

Sweetpea;1573072 wrote:

I don't know if it is an RLC glitch or just what happens if you make your collidable floor too large. But I have fallen through collidable floors that were just 1 single prop that was too big. So if you make your floor 400x400 even without stairs, it is possible that you will fall through.

This happened to me many times when I opened the first flea market, it was built on a small park vacant and I had to make the collidable floor smaller or just walking along I would fall through and it was just one single collidable floor prop.

When I first bought my showroom it had many court floors as the collidable and I kept falling through in places. Even after I put down the surface water I kept falling before I found all the court floors and there were many lol.

Every one has different ways of doing it but the surface water is my choice and I've never had a problem with it. I guess it's just a matter of choice and then trial and error.
1 user thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
Sweetpea
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:31:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Luna_HD;1573090 wrote:
Sweetpea;1573072 wrote:

When I first bought my showroom it had many court floors as the collidable and I kept falling through in places. Even after I put down the surface water I kept falling before I found all the court floors and there were many lol.

Every one has different ways of doing it but the surface water is my choice and I've never had a problem with it. I guess it's just a matter of choice and then trial and error.

I agree with the surface water, just found out about using that a couple of months ago. Since I've changed it to a single surface water, I'm not getting stuck on stairs at all.

Court floors it didn't matter if I had just one or many, I would get stuck on stairs and would fall through.

This is just my opinion, but I think for the base to keep them the original size 1x1x1 and if you need more than 1 use more. I've not had any problems that way.

But even though I've done deco for almost 9 years here, I'm haven't done much breakout building where I needed a collidable floor. So I don't have near the experience with that as many others.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.