Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Having problems adding a Poll
Sweetpea
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:54:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm trying to set up the poll so that everyone can vote for their favorite flea market logo, and nothing happens when I click the Add Poll under options.

I have been unable to find any directions on how to add the poll, would anyone that knows how, please put the directions or link here.

Thanks so much

pea
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Silesa on 12/2/2018(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:30:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Sweetpea25_;1562091 wrote:
I'm trying to set up the poll so that everyone can vote for their favorite flea market logo, and nothing happens when I click the Add Poll under options.

I have been unable to find any directions on how to add the poll, would anyone that knows how, please put the directions or link here.

Thanks so much

pea

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but I've been getting this for hours.

The specified CGI application encountered an error and the server terminated the process.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Silesa on 12/2/2018(UTC)
__Dusty__
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 8:18:40 PM(UTC)

Debbie_Tan;1562093 wrote:

Thanks so much

pea

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but I've been getting this for hours.

The specified CGI application encountered an error and the server terminated the process.

Usually, that message comes from the Firefox and Google browsers. When that happens, try clearing your cache and cookies, reopen a fresh browser and see if it still happens.

If it does, you can either use IE or clear your PREFETCH folder, close all browsers, then restart your computer.

This usually works most of the time.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 12/1/2018(UTC), Silesa on 12/2/2018(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 8:29:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
__Dusty__;1562151 wrote:
Debbie_Tan;1562093 wrote:

Thanks so much

pea

Usually, that message comes from the Firefox and Google browsers. When that happens, try clearing your cache and cookies, reopen a fresh browser and see if it still happens.

If it does, you can either use IE or clear your PREFETCH folder, close all browsers, then restart your computer.

This usually works most of the time.

Thank you Dusty. It was the server causing that problem. The problem solved itself are the server rebooted.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 12/2/2018(UTC)
Sweetpea
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:39:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks, but I still need to know how to make my post a poll so that people can vote for their favorite flea market logo.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
SweetGuy
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:54:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Are you having issues with it working or is it just not doing anything? I just did a test poll and it seemed to work fine.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Silesa on 12/2/2018(UTC)
__Dusty__
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 3:05:11 AM(UTC)

Sweetpea25_;1562158 wrote:
Thanks, but I still need to know how to make my post a poll so that people can vote for their favorite flea market logo.

Pea: When you create the thread, there is a box that you check on the lower left of the screen for the poll under Options.

When you click Post, a screen appears for the poll questions that you fill in for people to view.

After you set the poll questions, click Post and the poll attaches to the thread.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Silesa on 12/2/2018(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/2/2018(UTC)
Sweetpea
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2018 6:27:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
SweetGuy;1562160 wrote:
Are you having issues with it working or is it just not doing anything? I just did a test poll and it seemed to work fine.

I would click the box to add a poll and nothing would come up, didn't realize I had to post before the poll would add.

Thanks