Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Seating Direction on Bar Stools
Mrs_Pantyhawk
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 2:30:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Can anyone help me on how to set the direction u sit on a bar stool. Sitting isn't the issue but the direction is. I have forgotten on how to get seating direction. Ty....Your help would be greatly appreciated.....Panty
divingA_WnC
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 2:47:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Mrs_Pantyhawk;1561681 wrote:
Can anyone help me on how to set the direction u sit on a bar stool. Sitting isn't the issue but the direction is. I have forgotten on how to get seating direction. Ty....Your help would be greatly appreciated.....Panty

This depends on how you worked with the bar stools. From what you wrote it looks to me as if you gave the bar stools the sit script, is that right? And which bar stool prop are we talking about? This is important too. Have you sized them down? Normally any avi sits more in a regular sized bar stool than on it.

Best is to make a screen shot with the situation showed as much as all involved props and show it here. That would leave any advannced decorator an idea what about it all is and how we best could help you to fix your issue.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Mrs_Pantyhawk on 12/7/2018(UTC)
Mr_No_MerCy_EVG
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:48:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello

well when i make a bar stool sitable i use a seat panel and make it sitabble rather then the stool , which may require a small court border above the floor but below the seat then to get you facing the direction you want ten rotate either 0 , 90 , 180 or 279
2 users thanked Mr_No_MerCy_EVG for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 11/26/2018(UTC), Mrs_Pantyhawk on 12/7/2018(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 4:18:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Okay, I just got ready with sort of a small tutorial.

Let's first have a look at the entire scene, a beach bar somewhere:

You see the wooden bar stools I made for this client, since he wanted to have a tiki bar.

The props that are involved to a proper working scene as shown below ...

are as you can see on the screen shot below:

- either a black bar stool or, like in this case .. a wooden stool
- a court floor
- a hotel chair

Place, size and rotate the bar stool so that it matches in an appropriate way to your bar.

I now deleted the black barstool, since my client wanted to have a beach bar, I just showed the bar stool to let you get the idea of what other prop could be possible for a proper work.

Now place and rotate the unsized hotelchair pretty much close to the seat level of the bar stool, eventually a little lower, how good it'll all match later is just a question of the proper final adjustment and some patience.

Next up is the script of the hotel chair, which's most important parts are highlightened in the screen shot below.

Make sure you use the "Chair 2 Seat" script, this is really very important. The rest needed parameters are shown the screen shot too, as there are: Forward Offset about 150 and Seat Offset 0.

Lets now finally work on the court floor you most definitely need below the hotel chair.

Size is best roundabout 0,35 to 0,40 in x and z box, in y box it needs to be a 1,00.

Place the courtfloor right below the yellow frame of the hotel chair, as close as possible.

Finally make hotel chair and court floor be invisible in state tab ...

and you got a proper working bar stool done.

I hope I have been clear and understandable, good luck, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
The_Wraith on 11/26/2018(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 11/26/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/27/2018(UTC), MrStevenNorth on 11/28/2018(UTC), Mrs_Pantyhawk on 12/7/2018(UTC), BreeZee_Bre on 1/2/2019(UTC)
MrStevenNorth
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:25:28 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well done explaining Diving A.....hugs.

That is one of the two most often asked deco questions in clubs. The other is making pill trays
pick up done where you don't have to pluck out of the air or otherwise fall through the club floor.

I shall refer people to this thread! Thank you.

Hugs,

Steven
'We find ourselves confronted with something that challenges our very understanding of reality.
We may be sharing this fragile blue green oasis with an unknown other. One with a mysterious relationship to
humanity & its own interest in our world'. James Fox From his award-winning Documentary 'The Phenomenon' (about UAP's UFO's)

1 user thanked MrStevenNorth for this useful post.
Mrs_Pantyhawk on 12/7/2018(UTC)