Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How Does One Go Back To An Empty Property?
_Elyse_
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:49:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Once a property is acquired and a layout is placed on that property, is it possible to remove the layout and go back to the original way the property looked when one acquired it from the Utherverse?

HYPOTHETICALLY: Let's say I acquired: Basic Zaby Layout 2 /w Kitchen V2 from the Utherverse and purchased a layout for it from a decorator named, XCRZA called: Sensational Seas Beachfront. I applied the layout and realized that I no longer want it on that particular property and I'd just like the property to go back to being empty exactly like it was when I acquired it from RLC without any layout on it at all. Is there a way to do that?

(Note: XCRZA and Sensational Seas Beachfront are fictional names that I just made up for the purpose of this question.)

And if it is possible to do this...How would I do it? Meaning how would I remove the layout from the property and just return to an empty property with nothing on it like I got it from the Utherverse.

Thanks
Hot_Liquor
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:02:06 PM(UTC)

Sometimes there a reset button. I forget what the conditions are Zaby's vs VWW's but there's always the "buy a second zaby save blank layout option"

I imagine showroom Zaby's can serve this purpose on the more expensive models.

Better get a second opinion.
Anhton_Novo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:17:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
_Elyse_;1555669 wrote:
Once a property is acquired and a layout is placed on that property, is it possible to remove the layout and go back to the original way the property looked when one acquired it from the Utherverse?

HYPOTHETICALLY: Let's say I acquired: Basic Zaby Layout 2 /w Kitchen V2 from the Utherverse and purchased a layout for it from a decorator named, XCRZA called: Sensational Seas Beachfront. I applied the layout and realized that I no longer want it on that particular property and I'd just like the property to go back to being empty exactly like it was when I acquired it from RLC without any layout on it at all. Is there a way to do that?

(Note: XCRZA and Sensational Seas Beachfront are fictional names that I just made up for the purpose of this question.)

And if it is possible to do this...How would I do it? Meaning how would I remove the layout from the property and just return to an empty property with nothing on it like I got it from the Utherverse.

Thanks

I would say the first option would be the RESET that Hot Liquor mentioned. Go into the MANAGE PROPERTIES tab and see if there is an option to RESET the property. If not then come back and let us know. What is the exact property that needs resetting?

Best,

Anhton
_Elyse_
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:27:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I looked at several different properties of mine and I didn't see anything that says: RESET. I looked at all the tabs, clicked on each one, and didn't see any option to reset anything.

I want to know if I have the ability to go back to the original blank property as was given by Utherverse to ANY property. Doesn't matter which one.
Anhton_Novo
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:01:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Some of my Zabys can be RESET and others cannot. I'm not sure what makes the difference though. Below is the first few in my Zaby property list. The Basic Zaby Layout 2 V3 has the option and the others do not.

There is another option I've used before but it meant getting a duplicate of the Zaby/Property that you want to empty. It will also need an extra layout slot for each property type. Get the identical property. Save the layout before anything is applied to it. My standard format is BZ_L2_V3_EMPTY. If you wish to sell it later make sure that it is TRANSFERABLE.

For Zabys I've bought the identical property with rent paid for just one month. I know this does cost a few extra rays but you will have the blank layout for the particular property and can be applied as many times as you need it.

Best,

Anhton

_Elyse_
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:41:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you VERY much! That was very helpful and I see what you are talking about and it is exactly what I meant. Appreciate the help!
Anhton_Novo
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:14:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I just did some research and read that if a property has a non-transferable layout applied to it then the RESET option may be available. For grins, I applied a non-transferable layout to my first Zaby and afterwards there was a RESET option. I'm not sure if it is like that for all properties or not.

1 user thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 10/17/2018(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:00:01 AM(UTC)

There are 3 main ways;

(1) Locate the reset and use it, not whilst stood in there.
(2) Contact Support and ask them to reset it
(3) Open the Prop Edit and locate the icon that lists ALL of the props. Then click on each and delete them one by one. It might seem a daunting task but doesn't take as long as you think. Put some music on in the background and go for it.

Before you start, make sure you have the layout saved just in case you get the wrong one or want to put it back later down the line.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
1 user thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 10/17/2018(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:11:38 AM(UTC)

The_Black_Rieder;1555736 wrote:
There are 3 main ways;

(1) Locate the reset and use it, not whilst stood in there.
(2) Contact Support and ask them to reset it
(3) Open the Prop Edit and locate the icon that lists ALL of the props. Then click on each and delete them one by one. It might seem a daunting task but doesn't take as long as you think. Put some music on in the background and go for it.

Before you start, make sure you have the layout saved just in case you get the wrong one or want to put it back later down the line.

Keep in mind that if you just delete all props,

the Layout will still be non-transferable ...

(if you will ever want to send it to a friend, or even sale it,

you won't be able)

So best is to reset it Smile

1 user thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:51:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm not going to post another pic since it would be pretty much identical to the first one but when I applied a transferable layout to that first zaby the RESET option that showed up when I had a non-transferable layout on it went away.

You learn something new every day!!!

Best,

Anhton
_Elyse_
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:39:17 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you to everyone who commented. Great tips!
1 user thanked _Elyse_ for this useful post.