Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Seating in Virtual World Street
Luna_HD
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:28:13 PM(UTC)

Has anyone else had trouble with seating in this street? I can't make seats properly, bum is always high up off the seat. It should be simple but it's driving me crazy. Please tell me what stupid thing I'm doing. Smile
1 user thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 10/13/2018(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 9:46:25 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Luna_HD;1555320 wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble with seating in this street? I can't make seats properly, bum is always high up off the seat. It should be simple but it's driving me crazy. Please tell me what stupid thing I'm doing. Smile

I just tried a couple seating methods and the exact thing happened to me. Hopefully there will be a work around.

Anhton
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Luna_HD on 10/13/2018(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 10/14/2018(UTC)
Debbie_Tan
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:35:28 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I can't stay on it long enough to make a seat. I've named it Boot Test Site. In three years I've never been booted from my showroom, it's on a basic park vacant.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Luna_HD on 10/15/2018(UTC)
Monic
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 11:12:23 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure if this will help...but I always use the prop 'wooden dining chair' it never fails me for all my seating needs.
1 user thanked Monic for this useful post.
Luna_HD on 10/15/2018(UTC)
Luna_HD
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:07:48 PM(UTC)

Monic;1555429 wrote:
I'm not sure if this will help...but I always use the prop 'wooden dining chair' it never fails me for all my seating needs.

Thanks for answering Monic and I tried the wooden dining chair, same thing happened, bum high up off the seat. Hopefully someone will work it out and I'll keep trying. Smile
Debbie_Tan
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:39:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Customer No Service here. I tried a Hotel Chair, and being an rlc template like a zaby I used Chair 1 Seat with 180 forward offset. My Bohunky is square in the chair perfection. Don't for get the seating of last resort it worked too. Seat panel with a plane under the feet. I can't get Chair 2 Seat to work here. I did raise the Hotel Chair 2 or 3 clicks up from from the green lines showing. Hope this fixes it.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
2 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 10/14/2018(UTC), Luna_HD on 10/15/2018(UTC)
Luna_HD
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:50:33 PM(UTC)

Debbie_Tan;1555483 wrote:
Customer No Service here. I tried a Hotel Chair, and being an rlc template like a zaby I used Chair 1 Seat with 180 forward offset. My Bohunky is square in the chair perfection. Don't for get the seating of last resort it worked too. Seat panel with a plane under the feet. I can't get Chair 2 Seat to work here. I did raise the Hotel Chair 2 or 3 clicks up from from the green lines showing. Hope this fixes it.

Well I tried both these methods but couldn't get it to work so for now I've just made the bench taller. It's a little bit oversized but it works. I did try with other benches and chairs and same thing. The seating works in the little house on the property but not on the ground, not for me anyway. Thanks Debbie. Smile
1 user thanked Luna_HD for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 10/15/2018(UTC)
Playa_Designs
#8 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:24:39 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I played around a bit with this and it certainly proved to be a challenge. I believe I've found a solution. I tested this on two levels...ground and also on the side wall of the pool using both Large Male and Medium Female Avatars.

- create your choice of seating prop sized at default values and place it

- create a "Wall" prop sized to x=0.25 y=0.25 z=0.25

- On the Wall prop in "Script", select "Chair 2 Seat" with the "Forward Offset at 210" and "Seat Offset" at zero (0)

- position the Wall prop so that the top edge is one "click" above your visible seating surface and the forward face of the
Wall Prop denotes exactly where you wish the "Back" of your Avatar to be.

With this setup, you'll sit smoothly without first raising up then dropping into the seat. Please keep in mind that the size of your Avatar plays a role in how high or low you sit.

A couple of images to help you visualize my ramblings...

Cheers,

Playa
3 users thanked Playa_Designs for this useful post.
Luna_HD on 10/15/2018(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 10/15/2018(UTC), Sweetpea on 10/16/2018(UTC)
Luna_HD
#9 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:43:31 PM(UTC)

Playa that worked perfectly, thank you so much. Mwah! It never fails here, when I need help people are amazing. Thank you to everyone who tried to work this out for me. And now everyone can do it! Yay! Dancing