Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
prop design
0o_Aeryn_o0
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:55:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
IDK who to ask here, but I need a prop made (like to add to the prop list). I asked a friend, who is knowledgeable in geometry, and the prop I need is called a "trough". It's a 3-dimensional design of a half cylinder (the goal here is to make a wall in a half-circular shape for a garden border wall). I could create it from scratch using 2 half cylinders and a couple of signs or walls, but I can't create the top part (closest prop I can think of is a Pod Ring, but the map for it is complicated). Would be a lot easier to have the whole prop made into one prop, but I don't have the tech skills or puter knowledge to make it. I would hit up Brian but don't have his email LOL. Thanx.
Plixton
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:13:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
so...you want a wall, but on top, a trough ( inward half-column ) Like a huge continuous flower planter??
0o_Aeryn_o0
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:05:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Plixton;1551593 wrote:
so...you want a wall, but on top, a trough ( inward half-column ) Like a huge continuous flower planter??

yes. A 3d half circular wall, with a curved top. Like a pod ring but halved. (best example) I want 2 halves of a circular wall. Hard to explain. Imagine taking a PVC pipe and cutting it in half vertically to create two half circles. Uprighting them to create two walls to encircle a garden. I need to be able to texture the 2 walls to look like stone block. Wish I could draw a picture. LOL....
Plixton
#4 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:53:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I will play around with some prop maps this weekend....maybe I can come up with what you want.
0o_Aeryn_o0
#5 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 7:05:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Plixton;1551635 wrote:
I will play around with some prop maps this weekend....maybe I can come up with what you want.

It's not a prop map though. I can make prop maps in my sleep. What I need is a whole new prop, like Rude Helicopter from a few years ago. I need a programmer to create a new prop from scratch. I need to talk to Brian LOL.
Sweetpea
#6 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 7:09:35 AM(UTC)

Medals:
0o_Aeryn_o0;1551636 wrote:
Plixton;1551635 wrote:

It's not a prop map though. I can make prop maps in my sleep. What I need is a whole new prop, like Rude Helicopter from a few years ago. I need a programmer to create a new prop from scratch. I need to talk to Brian LOL.

Maybe we will get some new props being he is coming home. Not sure how long that will take for him to get here but there is now hope.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
Plixton
#7 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:28:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
0o_Aeryn_o0;1551636 wrote:
Plixton;1551635 wrote:

Gotcha....well if I was a developer for UV...we would have had a replacement by now ROFL.
Playa_Designs
#8 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:32:04 AM(UTC)

0o_Aeryn_o0;1551589 wrote:
IDK who to ask here, but I need a prop made (like to add to the prop list). I asked a friend, who is knowledgeable in geometry, and the prop I need is called a "trough". It's a 3-dimensional design of a half cylinder (the goal here is to make a wall in a half-circular shape for a garden border wall). I could create it from scratch using 2 half cylinders and a couple of signs or walls, but I can't create the top part (closest prop I can think of is a Pod Ring, but the map for it is complicated). Would be a lot easier to have the whole prop made into one prop, but I don't have the tech skills or puter knowledge to make it. I would hit up Brian but don't have his email LOL. Thanx.

I believe that the "Archway" prop should do what you are looking for. The prop map for it is simple and straightforward. I played with it a bit and was able to create a curved wall with a top as you described without problem.

Cheers

Playa
1 user thanked Playa_Designs for this useful post.
0o_Aeryn_o0 on 9/21/2018(UTC)