Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
RLC Property Editor help! Please!
976Babe
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:25:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I made a big mistake. I was replacing different pictures etc to replace the ones lost with the photobucket change and somehow I deleted the area in my zaby that was obviously the base floor by mistake. Now instead of grass, beach, inside floor I can walk on, some areas I just fall thru with only my head above, other areas it looks like gray buildings and blue shy underneath where my body is. I'm not that familiar with this all and trying to learn. Sad Is there a way to reverse and go back to the pre mistake (like a back-up file?) Or am I out of luck. If so, live and learn! I have added lots of stuff over the past year or so and never made this type of mistake. Still not sure how I even did it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you , Lisa
The_Wraith
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:56:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If you have the original layout saved you can create a clone of the property and load the layout there. Then go in and find the prop you deleted and get all the information on it. Position, Scale, Rotation and such. Then go back to the main property and remake the prop and redo the settings. Once you get it fixed be sure and save a copy of the fixed version just in case something happens again.

Make sure your loading the saved layout to a clone. If you accidentally load it into the main zaby then you loose all the changes you've made. You can even save a copy of what is currently there just to be extra safe.
7 users thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
976Babe on 4/5/2018(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/6/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/6/2018(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 4/6/2018(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 4/6/2018(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 4/7/2018(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 4/8/2018(UTC)
__Dusty__
#3 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 8:44:05 AM(UTC)

976Babe;1527272 wrote:
I made a big mistake. I was replacing different pictures etc to replace the ones lost with the photobucket change and somehow I deleted the area in my zaby that was obviously the base floor by mistake. Now instead of grass, beach, inside floor I can walk on, some areas I just fall thru with only my head above, other areas it looks like gray buildings and blue shy underneath where my body is. I'm not that familiar with this all and trying to learn. Sad Is there a way to reverse and go back to the pre mistake (like a back-up file?) Or am I out of luck. If so, live and learn! I have added lots of stuff over the past year or so and never made this type of mistake. Still not sure how I even did it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you , Lisa

If you did not close the prop editor, then open the prop list and scroll down to any prop that is in red.

Click on it then hit the revert arrow and the prop will back with all the settings.

If you did close the editor or vacated the property, then follow the advice by Wraith in Post 2.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
5 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/6/2018(UTC), x_xKirax_x on 4/6/2018(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 4/7/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/7/2018(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 4/8/2018(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:46:59 AM(UTC)

On top of the excellent advice from my learned friends above can I add this extra info. If you cannot get the original or near save of the property then not all is lost.

I often find standing on a solid cube (one single prop with collide ability added in the State Tab) helps in cases like this. Many people fly instead but as a personal thing I don't like this so much. Either way, stand or fly, get above the non solid object and add back collides, but just make sure that it is the object that had the collide in the first place. Don't go fast, take your time, be patient and I'm sure you can undo the problems. You're not the first person who fell through a floor they accidentally took the collide off. Nor will I be the last Wink Grin

If you know the floor is at level 5,000 then put a collide set cube at 5050 or something similar then make a port to it. Repair the beach floor, jump on to it, test then delete the cube (take off the collide before a delete). My friend calls it "power of the cube" because I use them a lot. The most often use is finding the XYZ settings of a far off area so I can port there. I place a cube, take a reading of the XYZ in the POSition Tab, delete the cube (IMPORTANT YOU DO THIS) then link to it. With maybe a small collide set floor under it. I usually use the fishtank glass lid for a temporary floor as it's easy to spot with being blue. If you use the floor idea instead then it's best to add a little to the Y axis of the reading. Otherwise you may fall through this temporary floor or get stuck in it.

Finally, the list icon shown above can save your bacon most often too. If you know what prop the main floor is then look for all occasions of that prop in the list. Open the first one and open the POSition Tab if not already open. The Y axis will be one of the highest settings in the list so it should be relatively easy to discern which is the solid floor of the beach. You want to appear above that on a temporary solid floor, cube or other prop to put in repairs. Just watch out for -numbers as they change what determines you are above.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
2 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/7/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 4/7/2018(UTC)