Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Profile Div Overlays
amERICan_J
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:11:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So I've casually gained enough knowledge to figure out how some people have incredibly sharp looking profiles. However, I have absolutely no clue how to do it myself. Google has not provided me much to work with as it seems all the "layouts" I find are as equally boring as a standard RLC profile or just plain do not fit properly into RLC profiles. A forum search here for "div overlays" provided no results either so if there's any profile and/or html experts out there that could maybe point a finger in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

-Eric
1 user thanked amERICan_J for this useful post.
Eyo_Io on 2/8/2018(UTC)
Cretox
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:34:33 PM(UTC)

You can try this place, it has a fairly good reputation for information?

w3schools.com THE WORLD'S LARGEST WEB DEVELOPER SITE

miss_nika_fna has been added to your ignore list.
5 users thanked Cretox for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 2/7/2018(UTC), x_xKirax_x on 2/7/2018(UTC), amERICan_J on 2/8/2018(UTC), Eyo_Io on 2/8/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/8/2018(UTC)
The_Wraith
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 9:53:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
For premade profile layouts check some of the sites that have the MySpace layouts. A lot of those sites have a profile editor that will let you customize the layout before generating the code. Be sure and use the V1 layouts. Anything newer won't work correctly with this site.
4 users thanked The_Wraith for this useful post.
Cretox on 2/7/2018(UTC), amERICan_J on 2/8/2018(UTC), Eyo_Io on 2/8/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/8/2018(UTC)
Trisomes
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:28:36 PM(UTC)

One tip and maybe this is just me, but don't "over do" your profile. If I open a profile and it feels like I just pulled back the "Vegas Curtain" of flashing lights and a ton of animation, I usually close it. Also, don't effectively hide all of the text in your profile by having too much background "noise"....I prefer profiles I can actually read without feeling like I am running a virtual marathon through graphics.

and those trackers....why? Whistle
1 user thanked Trisomes for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/8/2018(UTC)
__Dusty__
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 2:48:28 AM(UTC)

amERICan_J;1519554 wrote:
So I've casually gained enough knowledge to figure out how some people have incredibly sharp looking profiles. However, I have absolutely no clue how to do it myself. Google has not provided me much to work with as it seems all the "layouts" I find are as equally boring as a standard RLC profile or just plain do not fit properly into RLC profiles. A forum search here for "div overlays" provided no results either so if there's any profile and/or html experts out there that could maybe point a finger in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

-Eric

Pimp My Profile has several generators for various sites. Use the MySpace generator (1.0) but do not use any 2.0 generators.

You can customize Background, Tables, Text/Headings, Scrollbars, Tweaks, and Graphics, plus generate banners.

You can preview your customization before generating the code for your profile.

Here is the site:

https://www.pimp-my-prof...m/generators/myspace.php
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
amERICan_J on 2/8/2018(UTC), Eyo_Io on 2/8/2018(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/8/2018(UTC)