Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Photoshop 7.0 help....
Beautifulwolf
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:35:56 AM(UTC)

Ok I have been playing around with photoshop for a while now making some recolors of clothing thats already in the game. But now i feel ready to make my own clothing so heres a few questions...

1. How do I download or install the new UV female and male files in photoshop?
2. How do I bring them up to create the clothes I want to make?
3. How do draw the clothing I want, I mean do I use paint brush, pencil, etc..?

I know this is a lot to ask but I think if someone could write out a step by step guide to making clothes it would be easier to understand for those who are new to photoshop. I have seen the "How to Do" thingy for making clothes but again it still doesnt say where to put the UV layouts in photoshop. So if someone can take the time to explain these few things to me also that would be great! :Smile Shocked Wink
XENI
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:44:10 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Beautifulwolf link=1199889356/0#0 date=1199889356]Ok I have been playing around with photoshop for a while now making some recolors of clothing thats already in the game. But now i feel ready to make my own clothing so heres a few questions...

1. How do I download or install the new UV female and male files in photoshop?
2. How do I bring them up to create the clothes I want to make?
3. How do draw the clothing I want, I mean do I use paint brush, pencil, etc..?

I know this is a lot to ask but I think if someone could write out a step by step guide to making clothes it would be easier to understand for those who are new to photoshop. I have seen the "How to Do" thingy for making clothes but again it still doesnt say where to put the UV layouts in photoshop. So if someone can take the time to explain these few things to me also that would be great! :Smile Shocked Wink[/quote]

you better post at textures forum ....you picked the hardest program to work with!

There is a book called

Adobe Photoshop 7.0
Classroon in a Book.....

Wink

good luck!
acer71
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:43:44 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Beautifulwolf link=1199889356/0#0 date=1199889356]Ok I have been playing around with photoshop for a while now making some recolors of clothing thats already in the game. But now i feel ready to make my own clothing so heres a few questions...

1. How do I download or install the new UV female and male files in photoshop? These are just templates for you to use to help create textures.  You don't need to "install" them.
2. How do I bring them up to create the clothes I want to make?File Open within PhotoShop
3. How do draw the clothing I want, I mean do I use paint brush, pencil, etc..? Drawing and painting is good...but also try superimposing photographed images and making them "fit"

I know this is a lot to ask but I think if someone could write out a step by step guide to making clothes it would be easier to understand for those who are new to photoshop. I have seen the "How to Do" thingy for making clothes but again it still doesnt say where to put the UV layouts in photoshop. So if someone can take the time to explain these few things to me also that would be great! :Smile Shocked Wink[/quote]

This is a simplified explanation of my procedure:

In PhotoShop: File Open the UV Map you want to work with.
(I have some modified ones that help me see what I am doing, I have posted one.)

PhotoShop automatically sets this to the Background Layer.

Paint, Copy and Paste, etc. to create your image.  These should (automatically) be added as new layers on top of the background layer.  I recommend trying some tattoos first as the clothes are a bit fiddly to get the seams/sleeves to line up properly.  The attached UV map has colored dots to show what connects to where...try putting this texture on your avatar and looking at it in RLC to get a better idea of the placements.

When it looks good, Delete the Background layer by right clicking on this layer's icon and choose Delete Layer.

File Save As and save it as a .png file.

Test in RLC.

blondbear
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:09:03 AM(UTC)

I have been making some clothes using photohop cs. Working in layers is very important and being able to change the opacity of layers to see the layers beneath also is very helpful.
Also, don't forget the alpha layer. RLC reads alpha layers. The alpha layer is determins what shows and what doesn't show.
Let go of my ears...I know what i'm doing.
my profile
Beautifulwolf
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:55:25 AM(UTC)

Ahhh  by George I think I got it !!! Tongue
Thank you guys so much, if I get stuck ....In the Terminators famous words...I'll BE Back!!! ;D
VAMPIYRA
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:48:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=acer71 link=1199889356/0#2 date=1199936624]

This is a simplified explanation of my procedure:

In PhotoShop: File Open the UV Map you want to work with.
(I have some modified ones that help me see what I am doing, I have posted one.)

PhotoShop automatically sets this to the Background Layer.

Paint, Copy and Paste, etc. to create your image.  These should (automatically) be added as new layers on top of the background layer.  I recommend trying some tattoos first as the clothes are a bit fiddly to get the seams/sleeves to line up properly.  The attached UV map has colored dots to show what connects to where...try putting this texture on your avatar and looking at it in RLC to get a better idea of the placements.

When it looks good, Delete the Background layer by right clicking on this layer's icon and choose Delete Layer.

File Save As and save it as a .png file.

Test in RLC.
[/quote]

Excellent and thanks for that wire, do you have one for the female leg part you could post please for ruby skin preferably?