Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can us blokes knick from the ladies textures?
Bleatz
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 9:36:44 PM(UTC)

Yes, first off, merry christmas to everyone and hope tommorow goes smashing.   :D

Anyhoozy,getting to the meat of the matter i'm just curious to find out if its possible for a male to take textures from the female textures and wear them as a male (ie kitty ears, angelwings and such)
 ...at the moment i do know how to edit the myinfo its just that the items show up as the default options to others even tho they do show up for me sooooo can someone let me know if possible, since other people do have the items downloaded why arent they beeing seen?
 Thanks for the time and once again happy jesus santa day to all  ;D
TawnyDawn
#2 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 10:43:53 PM(UTC)

They aren't being seen unless you have them downloaded as well.  The only textures that show up for all users are the ones that everyone gets when they download RLC.  As for guys using female textures I don't know, its worth a try to see if it works.  It may not since the mesh they are designed on for men is different than the mesh they are designed on for women.
Bleatz
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:38:38 PM(UTC)

Thank you for that, its most certainly a start  Smile . I am however still curious if anyone has any definitive answer on the subject.
sweetlikechoc
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:00:14 PM(UTC)

Wink  Just like TwanyDawn says    How definitive do you want ?   i think shes covered your question  Wink

Female and Male clothes cannot work on each other    as the mesh make up is different.
If your friends have the downloads in their files that you are wearing  they should be able to see what your wearing .. dont forget to click  show.
Bleatz
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:18:49 AM(UTC)

*yawns*
�Sorry,been away for a day...anyhoosy,when i say "definitive" i refer to the fact that ive already tried wearing from the womens textures and,yes,the ladies mesh is different but sorry Sweet the womens textures can work on men albeit there are on occassion issues that stop the clothing i've chosen from looking asthetically pleasing due to the alterations in the makeup for both genders that you mentioned...my question is more if someone who has also done this has had success or the same issue that i have,which is that some do tend to show up and others do not (all outfits are ones in the default vip textures,none are from forums)....i gather when i ask for a definitive answer im looking for someones whos actively done this as well and not a "i don't know"....for me,that defines definitive.strange that Wink
�Ahhh vell,thanks for at least verifying what i did know but wasnt entirely sure about...as for the rest,I gather i'll just enjoy the ones that do seem to work.Cheerz
Shuqoyqa
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:11:58 AM(UTC)

The textures are in four directories. When someone else sees your avatar, their computer will attempt to use the file with the filename in your myinfo file, found in their directory. It doesn't know to look in the female wings directory for HF_ files. If your avatar's male, it looks in the male attachments textures for your wings, glasses, hair and shoes. If someone else has saved all the winds into both male and female directories, they will then see you wearing the correct wings, whichever gender's wings you're wearing and whichever gender your avatar is, but if they've only saved female wings into female attachments and male wings into male attachments they will only see your wings properly if you wear male wings on a male avatar or female wings on a female avatar.

Legs textures will work reasonably well above the ankles, I'd expect without checking, but again they'd have to have that female legs texture saved into their male textures folder as well as their female textures to see you wearing it.

There's a thread in "Suggestions" started by me that basically says: "Let's just have one wings directory and let both genders use all wings." I threw in the skirts too, so they could be interchanged with kilts when and if we ever get them.

Speaking of kilts, go and buy a calendar. Smile

If there's a specific texture you want to gender-switch, post it or its name or both in a thread in Textures and someone will probably arrange it for you.
Bleatz
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 12:06:47 PM(UTC)

Shuqoyqa, you're a doll....thanks hon,this clarfiys things exponentially. �;D
As for your suggestion to combine the wings and skirts into one directory for both genders i most certainly agree...(mainly due to the fact that it'll calm my jealous rage over all the good styles you birds get that us feminine blokes sadly do not) �Embarassed
�Anyhoozy, Thanks again for shining a bit o light on the subject and wish you the best...regardless of what you're wearing, of course. �Wink