Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HELP with clothing maps!!!
Pann_ie
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:14:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am trying to learn how to make clothing in utherverse. My problem seem to be. Where can I get the correct maps??? On my profile page, under create clothing. There is a download called, Designer Kit Legacy Client. I've tried using these maps to make a tank top and a t-shirt, with limited success. Very limited. lol I'm wondering if these maps are for legacy only. What I'm looking for is the maps for say skinny tops, skinny jeans and so on. I use a gimp program, and there seem to be very little help on youtube on how to make clothes in utherverse. If anyone can tell me where I can find the correct maps. It would be greatly appreciated. Also any other tips on making clothing here would also be a great help to me.

Huggs Pann
Hot_Liquor
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:32:58 PM(UTC)

Pann_dora;1408086 wrote:
I am trying to learn how to make clothing in utherverse. My problem seem to be. Where can I get the correct maps??? On my profile page, under create clothing. There is a download called, Designer Kit Legacy Client. I've tried using these maps to make a tank top and a t-shirt, with limited success. Very limited. lol I'm wondering if these maps are for legacy only. What I'm looking for is the maps for say skinny tops, skinny jeans and so on. I use a gimp program, and there seem to be very little help on youtube on how to make clothes in utherverse. If anyone can tell me where I can find the correct maps. It would be greatly appreciated. Also any other tips on making clothing here would also be a great help to me.

Huggs Pann

Skinny top and jeans use nude leg and torso but not the ones that say medium poly.
3 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
Pann_ie on 2/6/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/6/2016(UTC), Caren on 2/7/2016(UTC)
LazTopCat
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:43:18 PM(UTC)

Pann_dora;1408086 wrote:

Huggs Pann

My best suggestion is when you're in world (logged in RLC1) go here vww://utherverse.vww/@64021/tlz This is The Learning Zone created by Rand.
It's full of tutorials he made while he was teaching how to make clothes at UtherAcademy. (there is also alot of tutorials just for GIMP)

Hope this helps you
Laz

2 users thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
Pann_ie on 2/6/2016(UTC), Caren on 2/7/2016(UTC)
__Dusty__
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 8:43:36 PM(UTC)

Go to the SUPER List here:

http://forums.utherverse...PDATED-AND-REVISED.aspx

Scroll down to the Clothing Section for various links, tips and tutorials.
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
5 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/6/2016(UTC), Pann_ie on 2/6/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/7/2016(UTC), Cassey on 2/7/2016(UTC), Caren on 2/7/2016(UTC)
Pann_ie
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 9:01:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks to everyone for answering. Your all so fast to reply. Kesha. That was going to be my next try, to use the nude torso for tops. Thanks for confirming it. Also thanks to Dusty & TopCat, for the links. I am grateful for everyone's help.

TY & Huggs. Pann
3 users thanked Pann_ie for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/6/2016(UTC), Hot_Liquor on 2/7/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 2/7/2016(UTC)
Rand
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 07, 2016 10:38:20 AM(UTC)

If you take Laz's advice, I'd recommend the two "Coverage layer" videos about halfway down the left wall from where you enter the TLZ. That's likely going to help you cure a lot of the issues you're seeing with tank tops and t-shirts. Plus give you some ideas on how you can gain an extra layer for other stuff.

There is also a download that I maintain in the TLZ. It's the same meshes as in the Designer Kit, cept it adds some missing ones, and also breaks stuff up into Legacy and New Style folders, so you don't have to guess or even understand the slightly wonky naming strategy that was used on those.
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

7 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 2/7/2016(UTC), Cassey on 2/7/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 2/7/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 2/7/2016(UTC), Caren on 2/7/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 2/7/2016(UTC), Pann_ie on 2/28/2016(UTC)
Caren
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 07, 2016 1:17:08 PM(UTC)

Welcome, Pann! Laz is right, "The Learning Zone" is a terrific place to get tricks and tips for design. Rand does a beautiful job!

<3

xox,

Caren
2 users thanked Caren for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 2/7/2016(UTC), Pann_ie on 2/28/2016(UTC)
The_Black_Rieder
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:14:20 AM(UTC)

Spam post with the quote altered to include a link that wasn't in the post before the quote. This has happened with another user account and these could be the same people. Reported by 2 of us and I think this post will get deleted. I suggest the poster in post #9 delete the quote or overwrite the link with something to cover up the quoted link from the person in #8. Failing that the Mod may do it instead.

EDIT: These posts now deleted and post numbers changed
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
1 user thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
BettyBlue on 9/19/2020(UTC)