Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Testing new streaming setup
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#21 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 3:05:48 PM(UTC)

Im not really familiar with the other software you use aside the shoutcast DNAS.

And yeah Metadata is a tricky one.
Maybe you have setup an override accidently on your server config that replaces the Metadata send from the connected encoder (if it does send them in first place).
Best is you crawl a bit through the shoutcast manual. Or maybe someone here in the community have experience with setup an shoutcast server self.

On other hand...
How many people really look on the track ID's when they listen to a stream?
1 out of 100 maybe Smile

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
1 user thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 5/11/2015(UTC)
Czarcasm
#22 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 3:21:47 PM(UTC)

I would first check if "cross dj" is actually sending metadata before you start with anything else.

If it isnt then that will be the first issue.

Cross dj (your mixer with no tags) to encoder to shoutcast

You would have to set a manual metadata at the encoder.

Signature Rotation Powered By rotasig
Want a cool forum sig? Contact me for details.
Viegoth
#23 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 3:56:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
No no... it's not a configuration this, or a problem with Cross DJ. Cross DJ is not intended to be used for streaming/broadcasting via the internet. So, of course, there is no META data to be sent. And all BUTT does is take whatever audio it gets from the audio device (ie. sound card) and send it to the stream server. So it's incapable of even getting META data.

No, this is why I need to come up with an alternative solution to get the META data and send it to the DNAS.

But yeah, most people don't really pay attention to the song info anyway. I'm just a stickler for the details. Wink

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
1 user thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/11/2015(UTC)
Czarcasm
#24 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:10:08 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Viegoth Go to Quoted Post
No no... it's not a configuration this, or a problem with Cross DJ. Cross DJ is not intended to be used for streaming/broadcasting via the internet. So, of course, there is no META data to be sent. And all BUTT does is take whatever audio it gets from the audio device (ie. sound card) and send it to the stream server. So it's incapable of even getting META data.

No, this is why I need to come up with an alternative solution to get the META data and send it to the DNAS.

But yeah, most people don't really pay attention to the song info anyway. I'm just a stickler for the details. Wink

Thats what i mean..if cross dj is just being used in a mixer capacity then you could write code which allows you to manually input the song data to the encoder.

Will be a pain in the ass to do for each song change.

Wilno
#25 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:31:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Works good for me on IE...good job Vie Wink
I AM Indigenous

No Sock, No Clique, Individual.

Mitakuye Oyasin
1 user thanked Wilno for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 5/11/2015(UTC)
Viegoth
#26 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:49:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Czarcasm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Viegoth Go to Quoted Post

Thats what i mean..if cross dj is just being used in a mixer capacity then you could write code which allows you to manually input the song data to the encoder.

Will be a pain in the ass to do for each song change.

Going to be even harder since it's on a Mac and I don't do Mac programming. Wink

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
Czarcasm
#27 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:55:48 PM(UTC)

What about creating a playlist then save the data to a text file and having the encoder grab the info from that.

If theres a song you've played that isnt on the list then code a manual input for "missing info".

That way its not for every song change.

1 user thanked Czarcasm for this useful post.
The_Black_Rieder on 5/17/2015(UTC)
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:43:48 AM(UTC)

If you do not intend to mix and your "DJ set" is basically only playing a playlist of tracks + optional talking into a microphone, you can also use Winamp shoutcast plugin as most simple and working solution. (no clue if there is a Mac version).
It does just send everything you hear in your winamp, including metatags, to the streamserver.

There you do not need to tinker around with text files.

All depends on how professional you want to make it Smile
I would say, if you have already a working solution, and the audio is fine for listeners, keep the current configuration at least as backup.
Believe me, people/listeners here in RLC do not care at all how the stream get into they ears - They only yell when they have no tunes Cheesy

If you are like me - happy tinkering.
Alternatively, simply use an established broadcasting software (SAM, SimpleCast, Winamp + shoutcast plugin, Open Broadcaster for Mac)
All those work fine as long you are not a mixing DJ.

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
2 users thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
Czarcasm on 5/12/2015(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 5/17/2015(UTC)