Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
First post! A quick question
christal_me
#1 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2007 11:13:54 AM(UTC)

Does anyone know an easy way to find textures after you've downloaded them in the customization section? Seems like I'm searching for ages to find things. Or maybe I'm just downloading too many clothes!

Already got the program to save outfits, if there was an easy way to do this I'd be in heaven.
Shuqoyqa
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:32:08 AM(UTC)

They're in alphabetical order of filename in "Customise", but that'll only cycle through the standard set that were issued in the patch, not the rest of the textures in your directory. To wear custom stuff, you have to edit myino.ini, and once you get used to doing that it's probably the easiest way to change anyway. You can save multiple copies of it as myinfo_wedding, myinfo_reddress, myinfo_suit, myinfo_flirty, myinfo_sleepylittleninja and so on and copy them back over, or parts of them back into, myinfo.ini when you want to get that particular outfit, or part of it, back.

See the textures forum for more info.
christal_me
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:52:55 AM(UTC)

[quote author=Shuqoyqa link=1194286434/0#1 date=1194366728]They're in alphabetical order of filename in "Customise", but that'll only cycle through the standard set that were issued in the patch, not the rest of the textures in your directory. To wear custom stuff, you have to edit myino.ini, and once you get used to doing that it's probably the easiest way to change anyway. You can save multiple copies of it as myinfo_wedding, myinfo_reddress, myinfo_suit, myinfo_flirty, myinfo_sleepylittleninja and so on and copy them back over, or parts of them back into, myinfo.ini when you want to get that particular outfit, or part of it, back.

See the textures forum for more info.[/quote]

Okay, am experimenting with that but am having a bit of trouble. Can't find any instructions in the Textiles forum either Sad I'm inserting the names of the files I save to femaile/textures (if that's where the designer says they need to be saved) into the slots in the ini file like SexClothingTorsoMap etc and nothing is coming up in RLC. Can you help?
Shuqoyqa
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:13:08 AM(UTC)

First thing to make sure is that you're saving as .ini, not as .ini.txt or .txt, which is what you'll get using Save As out of Notepad unless you set "file type" to "All files (*.*)". If you're in Vista, you'll have to tell various things they're allowed to edit or be edited by various other things before it'll even let you save the file.

Assuming you've saved the right file, if you're already in RLC at the time there are actually three versions of myinfo:

1) on your hard drive;

2) on the avatar that you see.

3) on the avatar that everyone else sees.

RLC isn't set up for tweaking, so the Customise function assumes it's the only thing making any changes.

When you click "Customise" and start playing with the buttons in there, it changes version (2), what you're seeing on your screen. To get out of Customise, you have to click either "Shwo Changes" or "Don't Change". If you click "Show Changes", it leaves your avatar on-screen as it is and copies the details from that to the other two, so your new outfit is saved and everyone else can see you wearing it. If you click "Don't Change", it goes back to what you were wearing before, which it achieves by reloading the info from version (1). As Customise is the only thing playing with that file, you're back to what you were wearing before you hit Customise, and there's no need to change version (3).

Customise is wrong about that, though, and you've been in and changed version (1) by hand.

If you click on Customise and then click "Don't Change", it will try to get back to how it was by loading the info from version (1) and copying it onto version (2). This picks up all the changes you made using Notepad and puts them on the avatar you see. The programme doesn't know it's changed, and still won't change version (3). If you've made a mistake and it doesn't turn out how you meant it, noone else has seen anything and you can have another go. Once you're happy with it, click Customise again and hit "Show Changes". Customise will assume you've changed your clothes this time, even if you didn't click any arrows, and will copy what's now on version (2) onto version (3) for everyone else to see.

In summary: change myinfo.ini, save, Customise, Don't Change, Customise, Show Changes.

Other people won't see the same thing unless they have the same textures saved with the same filenames.