Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Will Deleting Fugly Outfits Harm Anything?
VelvetVixyn
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:49:48 PM(UTC)

OK, different strokes for different blokes and all that, but some of the outfits in the Customize section, I wouldn't wear to a dogfight!
My own tastes differ, but I would have to be anesthetized, tied down, coated in molasses and paralyzed to get me into that american Flag skirt! Or the "Naughty Nurse" outfit.  (insert sound of cat upchucking on Mama's bedspread)

I'm certain there are other outfits y'all hate to have to scroll through EVERY time you want to get to that hot little number for tonight's party.

SO...  If I find the tag, say "skirt_FromHunger" and want to get rid of it, can I go into my file and delete the schmata?

Also, is there any command to take off trousers and pants completely? I notice that the skirt option gives you  micro-mini, mini, midi, maxi, no-skirt. The pants option is just... pants. I am forced to wear short pants that hide under a skirt, but I don't WANT pants or jeals or trousers or,.... some times. Can I have a 'blank' or no-pants option?

Thanks. esthetic tastebuds will grow back some day.

PS. Bring back the Vegas glitter skirt. My submissive wants it.

Gotta go clean up cat-hork...

VelvetVixyn
sweetlikechoc
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:55:38 PM(UTC)

;D   Hi   as for deleting the clothes you would never dare wear from your files   i also wondered this  but  i was told  you were able to  without any probs    guess im just scared to do it . Shocked

As for the pants wearing under skirts   its simple really     Go into your myinfo file    and delete the   Torso Leg map file line   up to the  =   that will remove the pants shorts   whatever  Wink
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:44:20 PM(UTC)

sweetlikechoc
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:03:58 PM(UTC)

Wink  Wink  Thanks for that  V   i know there was something behind it  Smile
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:02:05 PM(UTC)

XENI
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:17:10 PM(UTC)

[quote author=violator1200 link=1193255388/0#2 date=1193265860]You can delete em if you want but I warn you..
You wont be able to patch correctly when an update comes,its gonna error.
And you gonna have to redownload the whole program again
Just my thought Wink Wink[/quote]

I thought we can delete all men outfits and see everyone �naked like V........... ;D ;D ;D ;D

mmmmm...SOLID!
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:11:50 PM(UTC)

XENI
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:30:54 PM(UTC)

[quote author=violator1200 link=1193255388/0#6 date=1193289110]Yeah hmmm good idea can u try it hunn? Wink[/quote]

I did everyone is naked now, about time!
Wink

ur not special anymore sorry!   ;D
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:20:14 PM(UTC)

Shuqoyqa
#10 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 9:46:59 AM(UTC)

I would say your best bet would be to edit the file with the list of textures that appear in Customise, so it skipped past the ones you didn't want to wear but still displayed them correctly when someone else was wearing them.

Can I find that file?

Nyewp.

I therefore revert to recommending being like me ... obviously. Pick out an outfit you like, hit "Show Changes", go to .../RedlightCenter/ and make a copy of myinfo.ini called myinfo_partydress.ini or myinfo_casual.ini or whatever. When you pick out another you like, again duplicate the myinfo.ini file so you have a backup. To get that outfit back, you merely have to copy the backup over the current, or copy the relevant few lines of it over the same lines of the current using Notepad (but be sure to save as "all files (*.*)" and "myinfo.ini", not just save as default "text files (*.txt*)" and "myinfo".

This also allows you to use stuff that isn't in the Customise options at all. More info in threads linked from here and here (same links in two threads both linked here in case one melts).
miss_sasha
#11 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 8:32:03 PM(UTC)

u can delete everything after the =  on the 'clothing leg map' line in ur myinfo file...to wear a skirt w no panties, make sure u are not logged in to redlight when u do this.... so it should look like.....
clothinglegmap=
to access ur myinfo config   click  ... start-my computer-c: drive-my programs-redlightcenter-redlightcenter-myinfo configuration
Angel_w_no_halo
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:16:56 PM(UTC)

if you want to weed out the clothes options, make a folder inside the texures folders (I called mine goodwill) I just moved the fugly clothes int that. if a patch comes i just move everything back and patch, then give the clothes back to goodwill
Frandajo_VOS
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:46:57 PM(UTC)

Or how about this?

Write a Perl script that takes a list of "Fugly" outfits, and if they are PNG (most are) not JPEG opens the offending garment textures into a graphics editor and sets the transparency to 100 percent. Your files are still there for the patch. But anyone wearing them is now naked to you...and only you.

If someone can script The GIMP for the transparency part, Fran will write the Perl to call it against a list and post it in her blog.

Fran