Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Confused ... How many Utherverse Awards are there ?
MidnightFairy
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:50:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sigmilla Go to Quoted Post
I dont see anyone else stepping up to the plate and volunteering to do these awards. Kathy does an awesome job and not only does she distribute these awards, she also has to take the time to cound each and every vote.

so those that are bitching.....give it a rest already.

Don't confuse giving useful suggestions as bitching! This is the general discussion and suggestion section; it's not the "agree with everything that's currently going on" section!
Originally Posted by: RedBaby_ Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me...

That you get back from this forum (and from most forms of communication) exactly what you put it into it...
...In other words if you TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for how you post and present yourself in a way that respects others, then you will get that back, respect from others.

2 users thanked MidnightFairy for this useful post.
Goddess_Sent on 4/6/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/7/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:51:59 PM(UTC)

Actually Cherrie if you going to give me a prize make it Spanish steel

a Koburn Boot Knife by Toledo would be super

cheers
Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

Tyrael_
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:12:43 PM(UTC)

I dont see anyone else stepping up to the plate and volunteering to do these awards. Kathy does an awesome job and not only does she distribute these awards, she also has to take the time to cound each and every vote.

I believe that is what LEVI was trying to say tin the second post, first reply and he was told to STFU.

Don't complain about something offer to help to make it better.
Gadol is Adoneinu, and of rav ko’ach; to His tevunah there is no mispar.

The sword of justice has no scabbard.

1 user thanked Tyrael_ for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 4/7/2012(UTC)
Todd73NJ
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:42:16 PM(UTC)

Not sure people are bitching - just trying to better understand. You seemed to understand these awards much better than most - I saw bulletins you posted on an hourly basis asking for votes in about 8 categories - categories that werent even listed on her profile with nominations. So obviously you are one who takes this very seriously, and understands it much better than those of us who dont. How did you know about all these sub-categories? You two work together with modeling right? So maybe the people closer to her should be helping others understand, rather than winning awards from a friend and then telling everyone else to shut up or quit the bitching.

No one is taking away from Kathy's hard work. But why does Kathy work hard at it? Because its her event. I think everyone works hard at their own events to some extent. Not sure people need to offer to step up and help - to be able to comment on how they feel. By Kathy making these awards such a public and long-running event, she would have to fully expect there to be discussion. And thats what this is - discussion - because I cant seem to find anyone knocking Kathy's hard work.

And then there are the people who take these awards so seriously, talking about them in bulletins and posting them on their profiles - who obviously look at this as if they were really the Most Popular Avatar on Friday nights in a Rock Club wearing Green - IN ALL OF UTHERVERSE. Thats the most laughable part of all to me.

Like I said earlier.. fun for a month.. hope it gets spelled out better in the future for categories and entrants. Nothing negative to say here about Kathy's hard work. I would never have any desire to be up for an award bec it doesnt really validate anything except popularity and time spent on it. And at this point, I prob wont do any voting or campaigning for anyone next year without more definition.

Thats all Smile
5 users thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
OkieDoodle_DFE on 4/6/2012(UTC), MidnightFairy on 4/6/2012(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 4/7/2012(UTC), Cougarrrr on 4/7/2012(UTC), Charm_ on 4/11/2012(UTC)
Amanda_xox
#45 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 1:06:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Todd73NJ Go to Quoted Post

Not sure people are bitching - just trying to better understand. You seemed to understand these awards much better than most - I saw bulletins you posted on an hourly basis asking for votes in about 8 categories - categories that werent even listed on her profile with nominations. So obviously you are one who takes this very seriously, and understands it much better than those of us who dont. How did you know about all these sub-categories? You two work together with modeling right? So maybe the people closer to her should be helping others understand, rather than winning awards from a friend and then telling everyone else to shut up or quit the bitching.

No one is taking away from Kathy's hard work. But why does Kathy work hard at it? Because its her event. I think everyone works hard at their own events to some extent. Not sure people need to offer to step up and help - to be able to comment on how they feel. By Kathy making these awards such a public and long-running event, she would have to fully expect there to be discussion. And thats what this is - discussion - because I cant seem to find anyone knocking Kathy's hard work.

And then there are the people who take these awards so seriously, talking about them in bulletins and posting them on their profiles - who obviously look at this as if they were really the Most Popular Avatar on Friday nights in a Rock Club wearing Green - IN ALL OF UTHERVERSE. Thats the most laughable part of all to me.

Like I said earlier.. fun for a month.. hope it gets spelled out better in the future for categories and entrants. Nothing negative to say here about Kathy's hard work. I would never have any desire to be up for an award bec it doesnt really validate anything except popularity and time spent on it. And at this point, I prob wont do any voting or campaigning for anyone next year without more definition.

Thats all Smile

It's always been the same with the Utherverse Awards, there are the main categories which are listed on the profile page and then it's up to anyone who wants to nominate someone in any category they want to do so.

My understanding is that if enough people send votes in for a category then there will be an award for that category.

That's part of what makes these awards fun, the people voting can determine the categories as well as the organisers.

These aren't official awards, they are just a bit of fun.
Pluush_Puussy
#46 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 6:11:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post

cheers

Gonna swish it around in the GD? Razz
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
Todd73NJ
#47 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 10:29:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Amanda_xox Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Todd73NJ Go to Quoted Post

Thats all Smile

It's always been the same with the Utherverse Awards, there are the main categories which are listed on the profile page and then it's up to anyone who wants to nominate someone in any category they want to do so.

My understanding is that if enough people send votes in for a category then there will be an award for that category.

That's part of what makes these awards fun, the people voting can determine the categories as well as the organisers.

These aren't official awards, they are just a bit of fun.

Of course they are not official as mentioned many times above - but people do take them very seriously.

And not sure who said it above - but whats the point of winning an award specifically designed for you - that you probably nominated yourself for and had 3 of 4 friends send in a vote? Some serious esteem issues if you ask me.

2 users thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/6/2012(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 4/7/2012(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#48 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 10:42:18 AM(UTC)

I think it's a bigger deal in the forums than elsewhere.

We make it big.
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
Anna7
#49 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 11:40:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CherrieBlue Go to Quoted Post

cheers

Gonna swish it around in the GD? Razz

boot knives are for close in work, a good rapier for swishing around lol

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/6/2012(UTC)
agnyeshka
#50 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 5:55:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessup: You can't handle the truth!

7 users thanked agnyeshka for this useful post.
Ivan_Samuels on 4/6/2012(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/6/2012(UTC), Anna7 on 4/6/2012(UTC), MidnightFairy on 4/7/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/7/2012(UTC), Cougarrrr on 4/7/2012(UTC), Cynthia_Agny on 3/13/2015(UTC)
Anna7
#51 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 10:42:22 PM(UTC)

id vote for that cat purely cause it has lost its ears Shocked

Todd73NJ
#52 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 11:33:55 PM(UTC)

id vote for that cat purely cause it has lost its ears Shocked

Create the category next year - dont tell anyone else - and its a winner Smile
Enigmaofhate
#53 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:52:15 AM(UTC)

Just because someone doesn't necessarily agree or think the same way someone else does does not mean they are bitching.
4 users thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/7/2012(UTC), Goddess_Sent on 4/7/2012(UTC), OkieDoodle_DFE on 4/7/2012(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 4/8/2012(UTC)
Todd73NJ
#54 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 11:32:37 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Loveheart_WGAF Go to Quoted Post

Just because someone doesn't necessarily agree or think the same way someone else does does not mean they are bitching.

Just looking at some more of those awards - ironic how the ones involving dress went to people in the same modeling agency. But Im sure Im not the only one to notice that. Wonder how that happened Smile
2 users thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 4/8/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/11/2012(UTC)
Murasaki
#55 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:33:26 AM(UTC)

rofl Grin Grin Grin

I think what make it confusing and assuming that it is an official thing is because it says Utherverse Award. Coz people are used to the definition based on what they watch in RL, like MTV Award, we all know it is hosted officially by MTV.

The name Utherverse is trademarked. I don't know how the award event works, if it involve Utherverse volunteers or if Brian himself knows about the award and OK with the name, I guess it does make it an official thing. Unless it is specified in the award that disclaimer Utherverse. I remember when I hosted a zaby competition event couple years ago, even it was sponsored by Utherverse, I was told that I can't put Utherverse name on my banner advertisement.

I believe that Kathy's intention being so gracious with all the titles being given out is to spread appreciation. Everybody who work for something good deserve appreciation. I have no opinion on how Kathy should run her event, I just think the advertising should not be misleading.
New Style is AVAILABLE now in UVD!!

I am proud of my achievements. Born as human, woman, or Asian, is not achievement.
I use my heart to find what I want, and I use my logic to find my way to get what I want.
Knowledge is when you learn something new everyday. Wisdom is when you let something go everyday. ~Emerson
1 user thanked Murasaki for this useful post.
BabySweets56 on 4/12/2012(UTC)