Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Confused ... How many Utherverse Awards are there ?
_Jessi_
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 6:48:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just looking at the bulletines and i am wondering when i read :

THERE HAVE BEEN ANOTHER 20 DJ AWARDS GIVEN OUT TODAY TO BE POSTED TOMORROW

SIX CLUB AWARDS

For next year i suggest following ....

-sexiest female decorator
-sexiest male decorator
-female decorator with the most TV watching hours while working
-male decorator with the most TV watching hours while working
-female decorator (builder)
-male decorator (builder)
-female decorator (zabies)
-male decorator (zabies)

-female prop designer (photoshop)
-male prop designer (photoshop)
-female peop designer (gimp)
-male prop designer (gimp)

-female designer tattoo
-male designer tattoo
-female designer underwear
-male designer underwear
-female designer skirts
-male designer skirts
-female designer pants
-male designer pants
-female designer shits
-male designer shirts
-female designer socks
-male designer socks

to be continued ....

well, its just a question when that award gets a interest rating of 0 (zero)
2 users thanked _Jessi_ for this useful post.
Arcaz_Kanarek on 4/5/2012(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 1/12/2015(UTC)
__LEVI__
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:34:16 PM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place
You know if you don't like it volunteer to help...

The awards are a private venue, and seeks nor asks for any money from anyone. If you have suggestion and want to help email the awards profile.

I see people complaining that they want better more transparent awards, see "people" saying there are to many awards, people asking how should the awards be ran.

Get off your couch, out behind your desk and volunteer your services and STFU.

The awards a private venue if you have something to say then email the profile.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.
1 user thanked __LEVI__ for this useful post.
Laura_uk on 4/6/2012(UTC)
_Jessi_
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:04:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks Levi to show once more your IQ so openly here in the forum Smile

Please let me know why a "award of a privat venue" is allowed to carry the name Utherverse Award ?

And just as small answer to you STFU ...

if you were able to open a privat Zaby, just if, than please lock yourself into that and STFU Smile
as i think you were not able to open a Zaby, i am sure i will hear again from you quiet soon, but please dont think that anbody will be interested in what you are writing Smile

For anybody else, i am still interested in your opinion Wink
1 user thanked _Jessi_ for this useful post.
HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 1/12/2015(UTC)
Todd73NJ
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:49:17 PM(UTC)

This is my first year here for these awards.. and honestly thought it seemed pretty cool.

I looked on that profile, and saw the nomination lists in the categories. I voted for people I knew who I thought deserved the vote in each LISTED category.

Of course this is not a true representation - and could very easily be labeled as a popularity contest. And there is no way to watch the votes as they come in to see how legit it is. But whatever, its is what it is.

That being said - it seemed fun. I openly campaigned for a few people. And got a few laughs out of it.

But then the results - or should I say winners - were posted - and I have to say - Im with Jessi on this one. Where in the world did the 80 DJ Categories with every single quantifier one could possible come up with.

Then another 60 Club awards.

New Club of the Year, Hottest New Club of the year, Best Tuesday Night Dance Club, Most Welcoming Club of the Year, etc etc etc

Working girl of the year, Sexiest Working girl of the year, Cam Working Girl of the Year, Audio Working girl of the year, Most seductive working girl of the Year

And I picked the above categories because they are first listed on the profile.

But is kind of laughable now. None of these crazy categories were posted with nominations. So who voted for Best Thursday Night Jazz Club? The one person who nominated their club? I didnt get to vote in any of these categories. I didnt know they exist. If there is going to be a category with an award, it should be listed.

And in all honestly, 500+ awards so that everyone can get an award really eliminates whatever prestige one would feel with a non-Utherverse sanctioned award.

Feel free to tell me to get off my butt and help, blah blah, thats been said in every thread about anyone who has anything negative to say about these awards. I will prob just choose to not participate next year instead. But hey.. it was fun for a month Smile

1 user thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
mysterylilac on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Jocelyn
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:24:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
They can Call it the Utherverse Awards I think for the same reason they can call it Miss America without the sanctioning of the federal government Smile

In a more practical vein, they can use the name Utherverse, because even though it is part of the formal branding "Utherverse Inc." RLC is not going to discourage it because it promotes their brand. Now if the Utherverse awards ceremony involved anti-semitism, hate-speech, or something completely contradictory to the moral compass of RLC, I am sure they would squash it like a little bug Smile

A version of this same situation exists outside of the Utherverse... "The Olympic Games", or just "The Olympics" is a trademark belonging to the International Olympic Committee... When the "Gay Olympics" was formally introduced, the International Olympic Committee excercised their tradmark rights and the name had to be changed to "The Gay Games" However, when the "Special Olympics" was introduced, they wholeheartedly supported it and let them use the name, because "in their view" it bolstered their moral standing. A rather narrow point of view to pick one over the other though since isn't the olympics about competition between human beings of all kinds? If there were Martians or something maybe not, but short of that. I thought it was a cruel irony for them to call the Gay Games a "dilution of the spirit of Olympic competition"

THe Utherverse Awards also makes no claim to be affiliated in formal way with RLC or Utherverse Inc. In fact, I think on their main banners I have seen that disclaimer in small print.

THe Award doesn't really win you fame and fortune in the Utherverse, and the competition is almost entirely between people who know each other or of each other, why not have lots of weird categories, it means the most number of people will win Smile Like "Everybody gets a trophy day" or a big trophy cup that says "Participant" Smile
Here is where I live Smile vww://utherverse.vww/@18784/@207272#enter

Fun with HAL and Claude!: The Misadventures of Jocelyn, Claude and HAL

I refer to myself as 'rotic', which is romantic without a man" - JocelynMarie
2 users thanked Jocelyn for this useful post.
mysterylilac on 4/4/2012(UTC), Mike_V2 on 4/6/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:39:02 PM(UTC)

inclusion people

that why there so many categories

Smile

that and Kathy proably made to many copies of the award certificate so has to use them

Grin Grin Grin

Kathy that was a joke ok Grin

Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

Todd73NJ
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:44:54 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jocelyn Go to Quoted Post

THe Award doesn't really win you fame and fortune in the Utherverse, and the competition is almost entirely between people who know each other or of each other, why not have lots of weird categories, it means the most number of people will win Smile Like "Everybody gets a trophy day" or a big trophy cup that says "Participant" Smile

Completely agree with what you said ... but if you dont know the categories? How do you vote? And there are honestly alot of great award categories that imo went to people very deserving of them. But just all the quantifiers go too far. Days of the week? lol

Like next year, for example, I will only participate to nominate you for Most Amicable Forum Poster with a Quad Icon.

My one vote should clearly be enough to get you a Utherverse Award!
1 user thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
Murasaki on 4/11/2012(UTC)
Ivan_Samuels
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:48:06 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jocelyn Go to Quoted Post

But what I want to know JM is does everyone get a juicebox to go with their award? Wink

Goddess_Sent
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 1:08:28 AM(UTC)

As many as there are divas.
a question is a question is a question and nothing else
Originally Posted by: MidnightFairy Go to Quoted Post
Don't confuse giving useful suggestions as bitching! This is the general discussion and suggestion section; it's not the "agree with everything that's currently going on" section!
1 user thanked Goddess_Sent for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Glutch
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:27:33 AM(UTC)

There should be also awards handed out after the awards are handed out.

The person who will bitch about anything award. Male aND FEMALE

The person who cant see anything for what it is award. male and female

The I don't care if it makes a lot of people happy , I am going to write a thread and put a damper on all the happiness award goes to....... male and female

The I believe they count every vote on American Idol award goes to---male and female

The no common sense award................. male and female

The list can go on and on. The person who puts on these awards should be thanked not put up for ridicule. If her only sin is that she tries to make as many people happy as possible then I say God Bless her. And even if the person who won the Best country rap DJ award is thrilled to death and proud of that award, who are you to ruin its importance to them?

She thought up something fun for everyone. She tries her damndest to make as many people happy as she can. She puts in hours and hours of work to make as many people happy as possible. If people cant see the good in that I feel sorry for them. Ask yourself this .....What did you do to make a lot of people happy today? when you answer that then you can wonder why she didn't hire the same fake accountant firm that counts the votes for the academy awards.

2 users thanked Glutch for this useful post.
Laura_uk on 4/6/2012(UTC), Murasaki on 4/11/2012(UTC)
_Jessi_
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:07:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well, when i read my first post, i dont see that i speak against Kathy or the winner of the awards. As well that wasnt my intention.
I know that Kathy spend many hours in that, and i personal appreciate that, as its a good thing to have a yearly award.
In the last weeks i spoke with Kathy a few times and she is really nice, so no intention to talk her bad here.
But i think, that creating random subcategories takes away the importance of the award, there are just to many.
If you want to give more awards out than one per category, maybe a bronce and silver award, that would make three awards per category.
Everybody knows that a big part of the regular forum users are just here to post personal attacks and start "forum wars" but this here is only constructive critic.
Pluush_Puussy
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:21:04 AM(UTC)

They are for fun and while people feel it's a selfish endeavor for Kathy's personal attention, it gives more to more people. I think that's ok.
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
2 users thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
Dangren on 4/4/2012(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:48:14 AM(UTC)

yeah doesnt take long for an innocent thread to turn bitchy

The awards are just a bit of fun

Build a dam bridge and get over your selves

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Dangren on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Dangren
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:58:24 AM(UTC)

Location: Is wondering if Cleveland, Ms will become another Ferguson, Mo
Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post

Curse or coincidence? Tongue I agree with CB and Anna on the it's all in fun part. The attention they're getting points out that they mean a lot -- pro and con -- apparently.

So, I'll add a question:

Are these awards being given out to just anyone or, to those who have actually done something to be noticed for?

If it's the latter, what's the big deal?
In 2 words, can anyone name a Nobel Peace Prize
awardee who will leave POTUS with the Middle East
in the enormous mess it is today?

A vote for Hillary is to keep that rolling.
Anna7
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:09:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Dangren Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post

Curse or coincidence? Tongue I agree with CB and Anna on the it's all in fun part. The attention they're getting points out that they mean a lot -- pro and con -- apparently.

So, I'll add a question:

Are these awards being given out to just anyone or, to those who have actually done something to be noticed for?

If it's the latter, what's the big deal?

Far as i know people vote on them but short of getting Deloittes or some other accounting firm to verify guess we not know for 100%

Grey___
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:24:21 AM(UTC)

looking for the best award award
You ! can help fight childhood cancer and help cure many other diseases

The poor complain;
they always do,
But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all,
At least to all who matter

It is not about left or right, it is about right or wrong.
Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:55:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You have to remember a few years ago these awards didnt exist.....no vww no nothing.....you only had what rlc offered....a handful of clubs and a street

i look at it like this say there is 600 clubs....40 got awards..that means someone did something right

200 djs......20 get awards......means people like your music and hard work

same with deco and designers.....all you do gets noticed and thats the point

some do not care and thats fine but tho its a private deal with the awards.......anyone who gets one or a group has something to be proud of cause in this place and the way rl is for some.......any reason to smile is a good one me
2 users thanked Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/4/2012(UTC), BabySweets56 on 4/12/2012(UTC)
Jocelyn
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:01:29 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL Go to Quoted Post
You have to remember a few years ago these awards didnt exist.....no vww no nothing.....you only had what rlc offered....a handful of clubs and a street

i look at it like this say there is 600 clubs....40 got awards..that means someone did something right

200 djs......20 get awards......means people like your music and hard work

same with deco and designers.....all you do gets noticed and thats the point

some do not care and thats fine but tho its a private deal with the awards.......anyone who gets one or a group has something to be proud of cause in this place and the way rl is for some.......any reason to smile is a good one me

I agree, and the ultimate question I suppose is whether or not the Utherverse is a better place because of the awards, or a worse place. Better or Worse meaning it is more like being in a dynamic world, or less.

I think the awards activities make the Utherverse a more interesting place to be whether you love them or hate them Smile

Here is where I live Smile vww://utherverse.vww/@18784/@207272#enter

Fun with HAL and Claude!: The Misadventures of Jocelyn, Claude and HAL

I refer to myself as 'rotic', which is romantic without a man" - JocelynMarie
1 user thanked Jocelyn for this useful post.
BabySweets56 on 4/12/2012(UTC)
Caraliscious
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:08:02 AM(UTC)

We could have awards given out every month of the yr if someone else wanted to hold them with their own categories and rules.

Like most have said they are purely for fun, nothing to be taken seriously and hold no "official" capacity in UV.

Anyone here can hold "Utherverse Awards" with simply a profile and a graphics program to do the "awards poster".
Cara has closed her design shop

_Aviva_ wrote:

Either you can be part of the solution, or you can go around creating problems where they don't exist to suit your own miserable agenda.
2 users thanked Caraliscious for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/4/2012(UTC), Charm_ on 4/11/2012(UTC)
MidnightFairy
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:29:45 AM(UTC)

Personally I don't follow the awards thing ... if I come across something about it, I might read it but I certaintly don't take the whole thing seriously.
Like other people have said it is just for fun but then it's always pretty strange how seriously some people take the competition to become the best *****

Originally Posted by: _Cara_ Go to Quoted Post
We could have awards given out every month of the yr if someone else wanted to hold them with their own categories and rules.

Like most have said they are purely for fun, nothing to be taken seriously and hold no "official" capacity in UV.

Anyone here can hold "Utherverse Awards" with simply a profile and a graphics program to do the "awards poster".

See you say that now but I can just imagine the drama that would start with people referring to others as "copy cats" etc.
Though you're right, other people can just make up their own awards but I'm sure it'd cause more grief than it's worth! As some other members do actually take the competition seriously.
Originally Posted by: RedBaby_ Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me...

That you get back from this forum (and from most forms of communication) exactly what you put it into it...
...In other words if you TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for how you post and present yourself in a way that respects others, then you will get that back, respect from others.

1 user thanked MidnightFairy for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 4/4/2012(UTC)