Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
9 Pages123>»
Skeeter Anonymous
__LEVI__
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:43:03 PM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place

We are accepting new members all the time.

Come and join the fun at our daily meetings and be skeeter free in no time.

Take back your life.

_Ga_Peach_ wrote:
Some people believe SA is just another way to slap at one particular skeeter, and because they haven't bothered to ask about it, as others have, I can understand that. After all, that one particular skeeter was the catalyst for SA, and I suppose, in a backhanded way, I owe that skeeter a thank you for it.

But...a skeeter is anything that sucks your life blood, wears you down and leaves you poisoned. If you have something in your life that affects you in a negative way, it is a skeeter.

SA is not about bashing it is about taking back the power you have given other people. SA is a support group founded to help everyone become skeeter free.

The 12 Steps of Skeeter’s Anonymous

1. We make a pledge to follow the TOS/ROC and guidelines.
2. We make a vow not to feed a skeeter.
3. We make a declaration not to post in a skeeter thread.
4. We make a statement to not to post a response to a skeeter.
5. We make a promise not to use the skeeters name in any form or reference the skeeter.
6. We make a vow not to start any wasteland threads giving a skeeter the opportunity to harass.
7. We admitted that we were powerless over skeeters, that our lives had become unmanageable.
8. We make a decision to turn our will over to the program as we see it.
9. We admit to ourselves the exact nature of our wrongs.
10. We are entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.
11. We humbly try to remove our shortcomings.
12. We tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

We ask that when you are thinking about starting a thread that you consider the board you put you thread on carefully. Skeeters love the untamed wasteland it gives them more power to disrupt the TOS/ROC abiding citizens of the forum.

The goal of the skeeter program is for all members to one day be able to read a skeeter post/thread and be able to respond to the skeeter in not in anger, but with a clear thought out response that is within the TOS/ROC. We realize only some with be able to achieve this level of success and others will never to able to respond to a skeeters post. Which is okay. It is better to not respond than to respond with a post that is against the TOS/ROC.

Skeeter Anonymous is not just about, Utherverse Forums or Utherverse it is about everyday life. We can help no matter where your skeeter lives.

Skeeter, Skeeter, bother me no more
Skeeter, Skeeter out the door.

Check out our in world meetings (TBA).

Isn't it time you were Skeeter Free!

The purpose of this thread is for Skeeter Anonymous announcements and for others to find out and ask questions about SA. Any other purpose for posting please use one of the other threads so this thread will not be wastelanded.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.
8 users thanked __LEVI__ for this useful post.
DaimonHellstorm on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Allison on 6/18/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Ga_Peach_ on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), piratespam on 6/19/2013(UTC), Black_Witch_Rose on 6/20/2013(UTC), BombShelly on 9/13/2013(UTC)
Massus
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:09:10 PM(UTC)

"Skeeter Anonymous is not just about, Utherverse Forums or Utherverse it is about everyday life. We can help no matter where your skeeter lives."

I like this portion of the SA. Provides real support for real problems.
7 users thanked Massus for this useful post.
DaimonHellstorm on 6/18/2013(UTC), Jieling on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Allison on 6/18/2013(UTC), Eupilo on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Ga_Peach_ on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), piratespam on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Eupilo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:13:51 PM(UTC)

It's everyday people pulling together in support of each other.
4 users thanked Eupilo for this useful post.
_Allison on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Ga_Peach_ on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), piratespam on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:05:41 PM(UTC)

**Count me in!**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
1 user thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Enigmaofhate
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:16:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Godric_Vampir Go to Quoted Post
**Count me in!**

Welcome back.
2 users thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/18/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Enigmaofhate
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:17:57 PM(UTC)

Ill be completely honest and this isnt meant to start anything regardless of how I personally feel about the OP of ANY thread.

I have yet to see anyone on these threads do that Cher is not the only one who has screwed up on this site neither am I.

Its about time people here admitted their OWN shortcomings and faults .

Its only fair after all otherwise it is just biased.

Point proven unfortunately LEVI nothing more to add to this thread.
3 users thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
_Allison on 6/18/2013(UTC), Anna7 on 6/18/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:30:26 PM(UTC)

**Good night everyone! I'll see you very, very soon.** Smile Tongue
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
2 users thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/18/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
_Allison
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:10:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Loveheart_WGAF Go to Quoted Post

Ill be completely honest and this isnt meant to start anything regardless of how I personally feel about the OP of ANY thread.

I have yet to see anyone on these threads do that Cher is not the only one who has screwed up on this site neither am I.

Point proven unfortunately nothing more to add to this thread.

I think that is the purpose of Skeeter's Anonymous and it doesn't mean just the one person you are talking about.

The point is that allowing negative things or people into your life causes you to act in a very negative way, that is sometimes indistinguishable from "skeeters."

Everyone screws up as you put it, it's true. The people that are taking part of this are saying that they are going to try not to be a part of it anymore.

It's not about getting back at anyone or adding to the stupid sillyness anymore. It's about taking control of your own actions and your own environment. Part of that involves not letting certain people into your life and not letting them ruin your day. Not letting them control you. That's something that each person allows or doesn't allow for themselves, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

In the sense of the forums...maybe there's that one person that really ruins your day or just ticks you off so bad that you have to respond to them. Before you know it you're as bad or worse than they are. The person you mentioned is hardly important to me in that way. I have no connection to her. I don't know her, and frankly she doesn't bother me at all. She makes me giggle a lot though. I have my own people here (hello politics section), in world, and in RL that cause me to just...not be as good of a person as I try to be. That is why I am glad that these threads exist. It helps me to see other people that feel the same way.

It's not about the person you mentioned. It's about us and our response to them. It's about who we are and how we carry ourselves. This type of thing is more internal than external. The people here had to look at themselves and how they were interacting with the world more than anything.
6 users thanked _Allison for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/18/2013(UTC), _Ga_Peach_ on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), piratespam on 6/19/2013(UTC), Cougarrrr on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Enigmaofhate
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:15:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Allison Go to Quoted Post

I think that is the purpose of Skeeter's Anonymous and it doesn't mean just the one person you are talking about.

The point is that allowing negative things or people into your life causes you to act in a very negative way, that is sometimes indistinguishable from "skeeters."

Everyone screws up as you put it, it's true. The people that are taking part of this are saying that they are going to try not to be a part of it anymore.

It's not about getting back at anyone or adding to the stupid sillyness anymore. It's about taking control of your own actions and your own environment. Part of that involves not letting certain people into your life and not letting them ruin your day. Not letting them control you. That's something that each person allows or doesn't allow for themselves, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

In the sense of the forums...maybe there's that one person that really ruins your day or just ticks you off so bad that you have to respond to them. Before you know it you're as bad or worse than they are. The person you mentioned is hardly important to me in that way. I have no connection to her. I don't know her, and frankly she doesn't bother me at all. She makes me giggle a lot though. I have my own people here (hello politics section), in world, and in RL that cause me to just...not be as good of a person as I try to be. That is why I am glad that these threads exist. It helps me to see other people that feel the same way.

It's not about the person you mentioned. It's about us and our response to them. It's about who we are and how we carry ourselves. This type of thing is more internal than external. The people here had to look at themselves and how they were interacting with the world more than anything.

I wasnt referring to Cher hon there are far more SKEETERS on this site then any site ive ever been on .

You made some very valid and wise points however.

Thank you for making me think it helps one to validate the situation ignore it and try to move on.

As hard as that can be in the end it saves you a hell of a lot less tension and annoyance by doing so.

So Ill remain skeeter free also probably means half the forum (lol) but if it helps thats all that matters in the end ultimately. BigGrin

But speaking honestly and logically however that would also make it the initiators provokers button pushers and instigators fault and the blame would also be on them for initiating it to begin with.

After all its not just one single party that needs to be held accountable...its all parties involved.

Everybody is responsible for how THEY act and react and how they treat others as well that blame is on THEM no one else.
3 users thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
_Allison on 6/18/2013(UTC), Anna7 on 6/18/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
_Ga_Peach_
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:56:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Godric_Vampir Go to Quoted Post
**Count me in!**

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Damn, seeing that pretty face started my day off with a smile Cheesy

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. --Oscar Wilde

Just because you wear a Persecution Hairshirt and carry a bucketful of bat-shit crazy does not give you the right to be offended on someone else's behalf.
2 users thanked _Ga_Peach_ for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC)
_Ga_Peach_
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:05:17 AM(UTC)

@ Allison, you just explained the point of SA perfectly.
It's not about the skeeters. It's about OUR reactions to the skeeters, whatever they may be.

@ Lovey - you know...one skeeter you have is bullies. Sometime, if you are having a bad day with one, you might want to pop in for a donut and some support from friends. We don't all have the same skeeters, and one person's skeeter might be another's joy, but the bottom line is, we have all decided not to let our skeeters define us. Reminding each other of that decision and helping each other stick to that decision is why we have SA.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. --Oscar Wilde

Just because you wear a Persecution Hairshirt and carry a bucketful of bat-shit crazy does not give you the right to be offended on someone else's behalf.
3 users thanked _Ga_Peach_ for this useful post.
XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), Cougarrrr on 6/19/2013(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC)
_Ga_Peach_
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:00:04 AM(UTC)

Donuts are fresh, SA protocol has been followed and plans are in the making for the first in-world meeting of the SA Cheesy

Stay tuned here for the details. Cheesy

6 users thanked _Ga_Peach_ for this useful post.
piratespam on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC), XXX_Untamed_XXX on 6/19/2013(UTC), Cougarrrr on 6/19/2013(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC), BombShelly on 9/13/2013(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:29:08 AM(UTC)

**Early in the morning and I need a donut already!**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
XXX_Untamed_XXX
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:15:29 AM(UTC)

Medals:
On a positive note and to contribute positively......... I applaud this thread. It is an awesome concept that, actually, many people could learn from with coping with a many of life's pitfalls. I know I will be peeking in at times especially when having a rough day.

And on another happy note...... WELCOME BACK GODRIC........ *Runs up and gives ya a great big hug. You've been missed

2 users thanked XXX_Untamed_XXX for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC)
piratespam
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:20:18 AM(UTC)

One of da realisations i haz had since joinin SA iz dat no only do we all haz skeeterz we ourselfs can be sumone elsies skeeter.

I iz gonna make a extra effort to no be sumone elsies skeeter.

Thank you SA fo givin mi da opportunity ta make maself a better person.
Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
My fathers old country is dear to me,

nid yw caredigrwydd yn gystadleuaeth
3 users thanked piratespam for this useful post.
Czarcasm on 6/19/2013(UTC), Cougarrrr on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC)
x_Diabolique_x
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:41:10 AM(UTC)

`Tis a wonderful mornin' ye horn swogglin` bilge rats, wake up !!

Waters be so clear an` yet sea monsters lurk deep in th` water wantin` so much t` take away th` peace o` th` others.

But oh well, sad in a way really, but that be life an' we dasn't care.

Let th` be joy, song, dancin` lots o` rum an` donuts fer all , jam ones offcourse fer all good Skeeter Anonymous shipmates!!!

I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!
Heaven, you fool? Did you ever hear of any pirates going there? Give me hell, it's a merrier place !!
Oh!!..I am the sock, alt whatever you want to call it, of Lia_RV, search and you might find my main account.
Mod made me eat me signature pics. He must be havin' thought, that they was peanuts.
But aye, let me save ye guys some space, so others can place the'r daily crap in here. LOL!!

3 users thanked x_Diabolique_x for this useful post.
Cougarrrr on 6/19/2013(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Cougarrrr
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:42:05 AM(UTC)

Welcome back Godric! Great to see your name on posts again!
Matthew 5:9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

2 users thanked Cougarrrr for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Enigmaofhate
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:08:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Ga_Peach_ Go to Quoted Post

@ Allison, you just explained the point of SA perfectly.
It's not about the skeeters. It's about OUR reactions to the skeeters, whatever they may be.

@ Lovey - you know...one skeeter you have is bullies. Sometime, if you are having a bad day with one, you might want to pop in for a donut and some support from friends. We don't all have the same skeeters, and one person's skeeter might be another's joy, but the bottom line is, we have all decided not to let our skeeters define us. Reminding each other of that decision and helping each other stick to that decision is why we have SA.

Well I like that aspect of it if its about unity love and support then that is something to respect encourage and support.
1 user thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 6/19/2013(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:51:02 AM(UTC)

**Apparently saying donuts, coffee, tea, coolattas and Long Island Ice Teas was offensive to someone. So I'll just repeat what I said. They're all on me today. Come and get them!**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
2 users thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC), _Melissa_Metal_ on 9/18/2013(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:56:56 AM(UTC)

**I do have a club called Le Rue Morgue where meetings and get togethers can be held. If anyone is interested please let me know.**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
1 user thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 6/19/2013(UTC)