Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages«<234
Mal's Texture Tutorials *ADDED MAKING STITCHING FOR DENIM*
Miss_Lynn_TB
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:20:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
hi im learning how to desigtn but i dont have PS i have gimp can some one help me out ? ty
Sera_FL
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 4:09:26 PM(UTC)

how did i miss your ruffles and the stitching? tuts...

As far as gimp goes..i believe you can use alot of the same principles you would in ps.

While i have not seen any gimp specific tutorials (does not mean they arent out there) I have seen some tutorials on paint..

which is another free program though i was never able to wrap my head around it..

Trying to remember which designers from this board use gimp..

My biggest suggestion though..

Become VERY familiar with gimp and what it can and cannot do.. by that i mean... goto youtube.. follow those tutorials even if its on how to cut an apple from a background, or how to add color to a photograph. Once you understand the program and how to get the same effects your seeing on screen. You can use any of the wonderful tutorials on this board and apply them to gimp. For general "how to design"... Rand has some videos.. not sure what programs he uses but if you see him cutting out a shirt in Photoshop and filling it with a paint bucket.. then you will know what steps then to take in gimp as long as you know the ups and downs of the program.

I have worked with a few designers on skype, and the biggest frustration i have come across is ill say "ok now take the paint bucket and fill in your selection" and they are like... "ok wheres the paint bucket".

Visit me vww://utherverse.vww/@9044/seratopia *Items available through UVD and UCS*