Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do you get clothes to work in RCL?
JoeyRez
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:52:39 PM(UTC)

How do you get clothes to work in RCL?
i seem to have allot of clothes on file but I don't know how to use them.
Yona
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:32:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Click Customize. At the top right of that screen you see Content Source. Click on the arrow to open the little drop down menu and set it to Both. Then you get to see all the textures you can use. Shirts, Pants, Undies and so on.
Little_Spice
#3 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2007 3:22:46 PM(UTC)

After you have finished making your choice dont forget to click on show changes other wise youll be the only one seeing it .
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:20:58 PM(UTC)

Tones_
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:37:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Always tray and remember the file name of the texture you wear. This is noted at the top of the customize box. As you see you can view RLC textures or user textures. Or view them all at once, but as you scroll through them they appear alphabetically.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:59:57 PM(UTC)

#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:22:59 PM(UTC)

Tones_
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 4:54:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
As i told ya on the tour i'm here to help  Wink ;D

The choices don't change each time, that i'm aware of, just with the vast amount to choose from not it seems like you're cycling through the same ones again and again. Hence why i say check the file names displayed at the top.
Shuqoyqa
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:27:13 AM(UTC)

When you use the Customise button in RLC, it shows your avatar with what you're wearing at the time. You can change this in the Customise window. When you click "Show Changes" it saves the clothes, face, shoes et cetera you've chosen into a file that's probably in C:\Program Files\RedLightCenter\RedlightCenter\ and is called myinfo.ini, and it also changes what the rest of the users see you wearing.

If you click "Don't Change" it will instead read this file to find out what you were presumably wearing before you clicked Customise, and will dress you in that. This does not change what everyone else sees because it is (presumably) what they were seeing anyway.

If you do something to that myinfo.ini file, save it and then go to Customise and click "Don't Change" it will load the new data onto your avatar as you see it, but noone else will see any changes. If you then go back to Customise and click "Show Changes" it will show everyone else what you've just put on by loading the modified myinfo.ini file.

This means that you can choose your face, hair, clothes, shoes and so on and use "Show Changes" to save that as your appearance, and then copy the myinfo.ini file to, perhaps, myinfo_punkrocker.ini or myinfo_sporty.ini or whatever and thus get several outfits saved up. To put one on, copy it to myinfo.ini and then customise => don't change => customise => show changes as described above.

You can also manually edit myinfo.ini but copy a working version of it before you poke it with a spoon! It's how the designers in the textures forum test their stuff out, and it allows for wearing combinations you just can't get with the Customise button. Of particular interest is the How to wear custom-made clothing thread, and there's some stuff about mixing up shoe textures, wearing underwear on the outside and so on in my thread there.
bobarcher
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:30:39 AM(UTC)

Great advice Shuqoyqa...and thanks tones, never realized they were alphabetized...duh Embarassed
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:00:06 AM(UTC)