Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
RLC work arounds and proposals.
fugly_toad
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:16:08 AM(UTC)

First, I like to apologize if this post is posted in the wrong section of the forum, I can not locate a technical section to ensure the proper location of this post.

How to load and save customized Avatar:

I believe this is a proposed future enhancement for RLC, I am providing a quick work around for those who want to load/save a customized Avatar with the present release of RLC.

How to Save Your customized Avatar

1.  locate your RLC installation directory, it is on your boot drive of your Windows platform PC.  typically it is located in C:\Program Files\RedLightCenter\RedLightCenter.

2.  locate your RLC configuration file.  The file name is myinfo.ini Note: It contains your logon info, do NOT send it to anyone with your account info intact.

3.  make a new folder within your RLC directory.  I will use C:\Program Files\RedLightCenter\RedLightCenter\mods for example.

4.  Create Avatar which you wish to save, then copy your myinfo.ini into the mods directory.  Rename the copy of myinfo.ini in the mods directory into an easy to remember name.  I will use custom1.ini for example.

5.  Create a batch file within the mods directory, I will use custom1.bat for example.

6.  The content of the batch file should appear as follow:
     copy custom1.bat ..\myinfo.ini

7.  Save that batch file and create a short cut (to custom1.bat) on you quick launch toolbar.

How to Load Your Previously Saved Avatar

1. Click on the short cut created as described in the section "How to Save Your Customized Avatar"

2. Click on "Customize", Select "Don't Make Change", you will see your avatar as customized as you have saved before, however, NO one else will see your avatar changes until you complete the next step or walk into a new area.

3. Click on "Customize" again, Select "Show Changes", now your RLC client will send new avatar information to the RLC server, and everyone will see you as you see yourself.

Create as many customized Avatars as you wish, follow the steps described above to quickly load and save them.  Enjoy...

I will post additional workaround and proposals as I gather my thoughts into words, until then, take care of yourself and each other.
RobertM
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:51:52 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the great tips, fugly!

I will try them for sure!