Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
how to post animated invitation
x_k_x
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:00:11 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i would like to know how to add an animated wedding invitation so that it can be seen working as it should, (ie, first page peels back to show second page with information). i copied to my pictures and downloaded to photobucket to convert to code, but every different code they supply doesn't work in rlc e-mail or profile. i thought i could get html code and put it in bulletin, profile and mail so that people would be able to see, but it doesn't open in anything i have put it in, just shows first page of invitation, not the second one. my fiancee and i are so lucky to have good friends, who are getting married this saturday, 2-22-08, and they wanted us to be wed with them. just decided that late thursday, so you see i have not had much time to work with. friends got us our invitations from same source they had theirs, and with the time left, i want to get sent to our friends.
_Naomi
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 3:46:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
__k__ wrote:
i would like to know how to add an animated wedding invitation so that it can be seen working as it should, (ie, first page peels back to show second page with information). i copied to my pictures and downloaded to photobucket to convert to code, but every different code they supply doesn't work in rlc e-mail or profile. i thought i could get html code and put it in bulletin, profile and mail so that people would be able to see, but it doesn't open in anything i have put it in, just shows first page of invitation, not the second one. my fiancee and i are so lucky to have good friends, who are getting married this saturday, 2-22-08, and they wanted us to be wed with them. just decided that late thursday, so you see i have not had much time to work with. friends got us our invitations from same source they had theirs, and with the time left, i want to get sent to our friends.

Double check that the image that you have saved onto your computer before uploading to Photobucket is working as it should and that you have not somehow saved a "static view" of the gif file. If its working fine and when viewing the Image in Photobucket it is working fine, then I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem. I have tested an animated wedding invite (the same style of which you are talking about), but posting the HTML code in a blog and it works fine for me.

Think Think Think

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!!

Congratulations btw on your upcoming wedding - really hope you get the problem sorted soon!! If your friends have a working copy of the invite maybe they could provide you with the code instead?

x_k_x
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 7:16:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank You, Naomi1982 . To let you know, i have succeeded in getting invitations to work. was able to get sent to all our friends this morning, just hope most see before event passes. i did not know whether to delete post, or just let you know that problem has been resolved, and needn't waste any time in responding to my dilemma.
so i will just leave this message for a day or two, then delete if i don't see any more responses. maybe it can still generate good information for someone to use. thanks to all the people who have supplied informative posts in forum, i have enjoyed looking for new topics and things of interest here.