Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Suggested Music for military hangout spot.
TJ_Mac27
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2024 9:00:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
A question for military veterans. I am having a military themed hang out spot built for everyone to hang out. More built for veterans.

If you are a veteran, I have a question for you. What type of music would you like to listen to?

Veterans Village will feature a Wall of Honor that you can have you name placed on. It will also feature a Memorial Garden with markers for those brothers and sisters we have lost. You may also contact me if you would like to have someone's name added to a marker. Veterans Village will be open soon.

I want this place to feel like it is home for everyone. As veterans, we all fight our own battels. Let's use this place to come together and chat. Let's not fight our battels alone.

Thank you in advance for your response to may question and thank you for your military service.

TJ_Mac27
5 users thanked TJ_Mac27 for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 4/30/2024(UTC), Star on 5/2/2024(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 5/4/2024(UTC), MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV on 5/5/2024(UTC), Bonnie_R3d on 5/5/2024(UTC)
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2024 4:02:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
It's because of the Navy that my music taste is so varied lol. Everyone space that someone was working in had a boombox and each space was playing something different.
2 users thanked MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 5/4/2024(UTC), TJ_Mac27 on 5/6/2024(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2024 8:45:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: TJ_Mac27 Go to Quoted Post
A question for military veterans. I am having a military themed hang out spot built for everyone to hang out. More built for veterans.

If you are a veteran, I have a question for you. What type of music would you like to listen to?

Veterans Village will feature a Wall of Honor that you can have you name placed on. It will also feature a Memorial Garden with markers for those brothers and sisters we have lost. You may also contact me if you would like to have someone's name added to a marker. Veterans Village will be open soon.

I want this place to feel like it is home for everyone. As veterans, we all fight our own battels. Let's use this place to come together and chat. Let's not fight our battels alone.

Thank you in advance for your response to may question and thank you for your military service.

TJ_Mac27

Hello TJ, I am a former US Marine and US Army Reserve Vet. I find that any music will be fine, you hear all kinds of music while serving in the military, it's more so based on your ears lol if you hear a tune let your ears be your guide either you like it or don't like it, I would not go overboard on this I think you should get the feel of the crowd and see if they are responding to it, I don't think you should get locked into one genre of music, if you're the dj go with what makes you feel the best that you can give, Good Luck with your club I will try to make there too.
1 user thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV on 5/5/2024(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2024 8:49:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV Go to Quoted Post
It's because of the Navy that my music taste is so varied lol. Everyone space that someone was working in had a boombox and each space was playing something different.

All playing at the same time too lol Grin Grin
1 user thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV on 5/5/2024(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#5 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2024 9:39:29 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It would be helpful if you picked according to what was top 10 during certain era. I'm sure you will have Vets of all ages coming so blend the music seamless so all age groups feel comfortable and linger.
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
TJ_Mac27 on 5/6/2024(UTC)
TJ_Mac27
#6 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2024 10:33:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Nefarious_Needs Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TJ_Mac27 Go to Quoted Post

TJ_Mac27

Hello TJ, I am a former US Marine and US Army Reserve Vet. I find that any music will be fine, you hear all kinds of music while serving in the military, it's more so based on your ears lol if you hear a tune let your ears be your guide either you like it or don't like it, I would not go overboard on this I think you should get the feel of the crowd and see if they are responding to it, I don't think you should get locked into one genre of music, if you're the dj go with what makes you feel the best that you can give, Good Luck with your club I will try to make there too.

I want to thank you for your feedback as this is the first time I have ever had something built for everyone in RLC. I also want to thank you for your service. I too served in two different branches. I know it does not have the "sex appeal" like most in RLC but I feel it is still a nice place to hangout. I would like to ask another question. Would you like to have your name added to our Wall of Honor in Veterans Village? Once again, thank you for your input.