Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Help with Deco
SacredRayne
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 5:28:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hey I was needing some help with decorating since I have been away from the game for so many years. I know how to place furniture I just don't know how to get the seating script just right on or how to locate the sign to put in animated pictures like in the fireplace. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me with this.

Thanks,

SacredRayneBrick wall
1 user thanked SacredRayne for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 4/29/2024(UTC)
Plixton_UA
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 6:45:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
UtherAcademy sponsors courses for deco.

Contact Cordonocus as he is finishing up a series of deco courses.

https://www.utherverse.com/net/p....aspx?MemberID=104671574
1 user thanked Plixton_UA for this useful post.
Cordonocus on 4/29/2024(UTC)
BB_Licious
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 2:13:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SacredRayne Go to Quoted Post
Hey I was needing some help with decorating since I have been away from the game for so many years. I know how to place furniture I just don't know how to get the seating script just right on or how to locate the sign to put in animated pictures like in the fireplace. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me with this.

Thanks,

SacredRayneBrick wall

For seating, use a hotel chair, put it over the couch/chair you want to sit in, script is Chair Seat 2, for the offset (1st line) put 150. You will have to adjust that number, depending on the type of chair/couch you use, just keep adjusting til it's how you like it. When you have it how you like it, make the hotel chair invisible.

For animated fireplaces, most of those were done with swf files, I think..and since flash is gone, it looks better to make a real virtual fire instead of using the sign. If you must use the sign, you can use the script Web Browser (Chromium). You would need a gif of a fireplace fire that has been hosted (Imgur, Photobucket, imgbb, Postimg, etc.).

To build a real virtual fire, you could use a bicycle rack turned upside town for the grate, primitive cylinders (mapped for a fireplace log), and alpha pine tree for animated fire.

There's a large number of decos in world these days who will be happy to either decorate for you (for a fee, of course) or sell you a layout.

You may also find some good info here: https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Decorating

Good luck, I hope this helps!
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

2 users thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
OutlawDesigns on 4/29/2024(UTC), Passing_Glances on 4/29/2024(UTC)